Bulbagarden

FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
Thank you, I hope you've been doing well too! Just been work and games for me pretty much haha, but now at least there's something to look forward to with E3 next month (when I'll be catching you for your birthday too!). Really hoping a new Animal Crossing and Devil May Cry 5 get announced!

How have things been for you?
Ebail
Ebail
Things could be going better, but eh that's life I suppose. Things are mostly going the same for me, just working a bunch. I just want some more Switch games announced in general honestly.
FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
Ah, got any time off planned for the summer? Working a bunch, I can imagine how the doldrums of it takes a toll.

I get ya there, 2018 has been a bit slow for Switch games compared to last year. Hopefully Nintendo has some good stuff saved up to show off at E3 along with Smash Bros. I'd kill for a new Paper Mario personally haha, but there's a lot that'd be nice to see.
Reactions: Ebail
Ebail
Ebail
Besides my standard weekly day off I usually take a week at the start of August to rest up my body from a busy July and since I don't have much of a life (rip) I do just rest up a bunch.

Yeah I'd gotten my Switch for Odyssey and since I feel like much hasn't been showcased for it. Yeah they say an eventual Fire Emblem and Pokemon game but eventual is kinda vague haha. Admittedly I've never played a Paper Mario game but I'd probably check out a Switch one if they made it. I'm just hoping to see few interesting games.
FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
Hey, nothing wrong with just resting up on a week off! From one fellow no-lifer to another lol. Especially if the month before is particularly stressful. And at least to me, August is a sort of meh month anyway. I hope this summer as a whole isn't overly bad busy-wise though for you!

I think Nintendo really banks on the indie games keeping peoples' attention in between their gaps of major releases, but I can't say that works for me haha. How'd you feel about Odyssey? I think I prefer 64 a little more, but it was definitely fun. Man, I sure hope Fire Emblem at least is shown at E3 when that game was announced so long ago and yet we know nothing about it. Pokemon would be awesome too; so many rumors and "leaks" going around, it'd be nice to get some actual facts on what it'll look like!

If they ever put a Virtual Console type service for more than just NES games on the Switch, I totally recommend the N64 Paper Mario or the Gamecube one (though the Wii U one is actually okay too, if a bit divisive in the fanbase). They're fairly simple RPGs, but they have a lot of charm. And great music too.
Ebail
Ebail
Having a life is overrated anyways. And yeah August is a meh month for sure. Sadly I work in a beach town so its gonna be a tough summer no matter what unless it rains every day haha. But still thanks for that, appreciate the wishes regardless.

Yeah the indie games don't do the trick for me either. I loved Odyssey but you're right I think I did enjoy 64 more. I mean that's just how it is with people our age I think. Like Pokemon over the years has been cool to see expand and grow and such but I know I still had way more fun playing the older gens. Yeah especially since the Fire Emblem game was supposedly going to come out this year. With nothing known and half the year done come E3 it makes a person wonder. For sure even if it was just a Gen 4 remake I'd be more than happy with that one.

I'll keep an eye out then. If they ever do that advanced VC stuff I'll gladly grab the N64 version first and see how much I like it.
FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
Honestly, it's true lol. There's a certain freedom that comes with having no life that's sort of nice. Aww, do you at least get to enjoy the beach some?

It's really neat that the indie devs get to make their passion projects, but yeah, Stardew Valley is the only one I've cared about. That's so true about 64 and especially Pokemon. I have that exact same relationship with Pokemon that you described where I like the new games, but there's just something about the old ones that are special. Even replaying them now, they still feel more fun, even if some things are a little dated. And then I'm like, "oh no, I sound like one of those Genwunners" (or a Gen two-er, really haha). Back in my day, there were no Megas and TMs were single-use, and we liked it! *waving my cane*

Gen 4 on Switch would be cool, yeah! I bet there'd be internet riots if we saw that before a new gen on Switch haha, but there are a lot of things in D/P/Pt that'd be cool to see in HD. Distortion World from Platinum in particular.

If we ever get so lucky to have SNES and beyond games on Switch, let me know what you think of it haha.
Ebail
Ebail
Yeah. Admittedly I do wanna be bugged sometimes but sometimes I like to come home from work and just be able to lay around with no worries about others for a little bit. Nope haha I never go to the beach. Honestly I feel too warm at like anything above 70 and working near the beach with everyone going makes me like it even less haha.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong it's great for sure to see people have their passions become reality none just caught my eye. It's true though. New games are fun but I just preferred the world's of Gen 2 and 4 for example. And yeah permanent TMs took the fun away of me collecting TMs and never using any because I didn't want to lose any. Megas? Z-Moves? Uhh we just leveled up back then! Haha simpler times.

I think Gen 4 on the Switch would be a great way to test out Pokemon on the Switch though rather then making a possible lack luster Gen as a test. While I'm not calling this a lackluster gen I really feel that Gen 6 was made just to test how the 3DS would handle Pokemon on it. But yeah almost all of Sinnoh would be great to see in 3D/HD

Of course. I'll gladly give you my opinions on it if I ever get the chance to play it.
Back
Top Bottom