• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Tactician Karina
Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• You know I kept meaning to say this when I saw you elsewhere but ah well. Give me your Switch friend code. I mean you know if you wanna.
    Merry Christmas, Karina!
    Reactions: Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    I'll definitely let ya know when I'm able to get them!

Those topics too lol, I hate it when things keep slipping from my mind -.- We could do that though, I think I'm starting to run out of topic ideas without it ending up being a repeat from previous topics.
    Trainer Gabriel
    Trainer Gabriel
    I'll be looking forward to that! :) Can I assume you're just waiting for the next sale? And, sure, we could stop our discussion here for the time being. But first I'd like to ask - have you added any games to your GOG Library yet? Are there any other games that interest you and would like to check out sometime in the future? :)
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Not yet, but sometime this week I should, nothing else has really caught my eye just yet but I still need to look in each genre though.
    Hey, you were making a point of scoring as many FE spirits as possible in Smash Ultimate right? You might wanna boot up the game and head to the Spirit Board, since there's a Fire Emblem Fest going on atm which should give you quite a few.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    I actually didn't know about it until now so thank you for that! Definitely going to do that in a bit, hopefully I'll finally get a few certain ones that has been avoiding me lol.
    I just noticed you seem to like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Attack on Titan...
    Best DATS member? No, that's Masaru.
    Update: I just finished Sacred Stones last night! I think I like this better than Awakening and will definitely play again sometime, perhaps sooner than later. I'll definitely have to do Ephraim's route when I do... and try not to lose more than half of my units by the end next time. :sweatdrop:
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Yeah some names in the series are pretty confusing and hard to pronounce, special mention also goes to Deirdre from FE4. But at least you still had Seth and Duessel, they are pretty great units, Tethys the dancer you mentioned is also ok if for her fast HP and Luck growth.

Yeah there are some FE fans (as well as other fans of similar games/genres) that recommend not to restart cause you're supposed to feel the impact of losing them, which is fine and all for some but I like certain characters so much anyway that I just have to restart to keep them all lol.

For Ephraim's route I do recommend keeping it on Easy or Normal (whichever you have it on), since some maps are indeed slightly harder than Eirika's maps. For the Phantom Ship chapter, when you get to it, just make sure to have your best defensive units ahead of you then send in magic units to help with healing/striking afar. And Pegasus Knights help with Mogalls, so have them ready too!
    Trainer Gabriel
    Trainer Gabriel
    You're telling me. But it's kind of comforting to know that even FE veterans like yourself have a hard time pronouncing certain names. :) Funny thing I neglected to mention is, one of the characters happens to share my own first name. And, yeah, Seth and Deussel are tanks, so they're very useful to rely on when in a tight spot. (And looking through the roster on the wiki page, I'm still not quite sure if I remember exactly who all survived in the end. :/ )

I will fully admit that I played the game on the Easy difficulty - take that as you will. But it looks like I might want to leave it at that setting, if I'm going to be doing some harder maps when I do Ephraim's route. I was thinking I could still make it a bit more challenging by making sure every character is both recruited and survives till the end next time. It'll be more rewarding in the end when I read each of the characters' fates in the character epilogues. I've played some other RPGs that have that kind of ending feature, and it's neat that Fire Emblem does, too. Don't know when that started in the series, or if FE did it first, but it's a nice touch, regardless. And thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to refer back to this advice when I replay SS! :)

Oh, and good avatar to be using during our FE discussion here, btw, though I may not know who the warriors are or in which FE game they're from. :p
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    I've had discussions with other FE fans and sometimes we'll talk about how hard certain names can be to pronounce and spell lol, makes me wonder what the Japanese fans think of some of the names.

Yeah if you chose that setting for the game it is best to leave it on there then, Ephraim's route is a bit harder but easy mode should be able to take some heat off of it (because man when I played on hard mode the first time for it I got punished). So I think Phantom Ship shouldn't be too bad, but it's still good to be cautious anyway.

Thanks! They are from left to right Leif, Seliph, and Ares. They all appear in the fourth game, GotHW; and Leif is the main protagonist in the fifth game Thracia 776, Seliph makes an appearance in this one as well but isn't playable and Ares doesn't appear at all.
    Hey, do you mind if I ask you a question? It pertains to the Fire Emblem series, and I thought you'd be a good person to ask about that.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    I thought I was already following you so I had to do a double take at first lol. But yeah Star Wars and Star Trek I really like, and I just love video game music in general regardless if I've played them or not; so most vg music posted I'll most likely enjoy with only rare exceptions.

I hope you enjoy SS, and Blazing Sword whenever you get around to it! Another FE game that is a good starting point is Fates for the 3DS, mainly Birthright since it's also like Awakening, though YMMV on the game(s) due to a lot of controversy surrounding them but eh I thought they were alright.
    Trainer Gabriel
    Trainer Gabriel
    Well, how considerate of you to consider me worthy of following. ^_^ And, yeah, I also share your love for video game OSTs, as I'm sure you're already aware. I know there are games I've wanted to play simply because I liked the music.

Hmm... Fates has been the one FE title(s) that I've been more reluctant to try, due to said controversies. It sounds to me like Fates just took everything many didn't like about Awakening and put more emphasis on it. I also didn't like the idea of having to play three different versions of a game to get a complete story. I honestly wasn't really that interested in anything post-Awakening until I found out that Echoes: SoV was actually a remake of the second FE title made. Now I definitely want to play that one sometime, too. But Fates... maybe if you really think any or all versions of that one are good enough to play I'd consider it, if I can still get any them for a decent price.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Fates was made off the success that Awakening got, and it shows. Marriage, children, grinding, DLC's, etc. they just threw it all in because it'll make money, and it did, but the way a lot of it was implemented was not that great. Like the child units weren't that well received because the way they were put in didn't make sense unlike in GotHW and Awakening, and the fact that while you can marry any character opposite gender of Corrin it cuts back on having good supports. And of course making three games just to get the actual full story and true ending was a bad idea, and at least put all three paths on one cart IS, come on.

There is just too many things that they tried to achieve and missed the mark with in regards to Fates. That being said the gameplay, for Conquest at least, was pretty good and there are characters I do like from them so I just went in with low standards for it. Overall they were alright for gameplay, terrible for story (the fact they needed three games to get a full story and still have plot holes is all bad), and alright for some characters; if you want to try one of them then Birthright for the grind or Conquest for a traditional experience gameplay wise, ignore Revelations though.

(And yes I do recommend Echoes for the modern Gaiden experience, I've played both and they're really fun. But maps do get repetitive and I recommend that all units be promoted ASAP)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom