Bulbagarden

Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
For Corpse Party I'd definitely look into reviews and maybe some playthroughs of it, it's highly rated but I wasn't super into it honestly. I haven't seen them yet, though I do wanna play them so I'll definitely keep that in mind!

Mana Spark does look interesting, it focuses on skill so I might pick it up soon.
Trainer Gabriel
Trainer Gabriel
Okay, I'll check out reviews. Well, you could wait until the next time they're on sale - possibly the next Spring Sale or the next May the 4th Sale at the latest - or you could make them your first GOG purchases, considering they're only $10 each, if you're that eager to try them soon! That would make my day! :D

Ah, a game that was added to the GOG catalogue just two days ago. Sounds like a deal! XD
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
I'll definitely look into it then since $10 isn't bad!

Another one I might try out is Kenshi, reviews on it seem mixed though so I might wait out on this one for now.
Trainer Gabriel
Trainer Gabriel
Tell me when you do! Hopefully you'll be able to run them well on whatever kind of machine you have. Same with anything else you buy.

Don't really know much about that, but that's cool it catches your eyes. Did you check to see if you have games automatically added to your account yet?
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Sure, and it should run (especially since my brother uses it as much as I do) if not I'll have to look into it then.

Seems that I don't, but that's alright, I'll add some anyway lol.
Trainer Gabriel
Trainer Gabriel
Sounds promising. I, unfortunately, can only play both games on my laptop in its state when I disable the movies in the settings configuration. :( And I have the GOG version of KOTOR I and KOTOR II on the original discs. It would be a shame if you had the same issues.

Well, that's weird. When I first made a GOG account years ago, I had five games that were always free automatically in my account. One of those games is no longer free, but there have been other permanently free games added to GOG since then. I guess you'll just have to add those games to your library yourself if you want them from now on. :/
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Huh is your laptop an older model? I've had similar problems with a previous laptop (not just gaming but for other things too) and I was told to get a new one cause it would start to crash when trying to run things like movies or games with cinematic cutscenes later on.

They probably changed it then, though it's fine I'm not hurting over it. I've logged off on GOG for tonight and tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get on to get a feel for it more.
Trainer Gabriel
Trainer Gabriel
I have had my laptop for...seven years, I believe, and I'm still using Windows 7. And, yeah, I forgot to mention that the games will crash to the desktop if the movies are not disabled. Sounds like you may not have any troubles if you have a newer laptop. :) Well, at least both KOTORs are now backwards compatible with the Xbox One, so I do also still have that option. :) And, wow, has it been some time since I last played either (especially II) that I'm long overdue for another replay of both...darn backlog. -_-

Well, at least you can simply choose which free games you want, instead of getting these games you wouldn't be interested in playing anyway. Only one of the five free games I got is one that I've enjoyed playing for fun; another was way too old for me to personally enjoy, and the rest were Point-n-click Adventure games that I didn't really care for.
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Yeah it's most likely the years catching up to it then, especially since Windows 7 isn't supported all that much anymore, which sucks cause I loved Win. 7 over 10; Win. 10 is good for gaming at least. I used to have an Xbox though I traded it in, are they perhaps compatible with PlayStation 4?

That's true, I actually like that I didn't get free games right off the bat, especially since I'll feel bad if I didn't enjoy them all that much. I like older games, though of course it depends on what game it is, and point-n-click games are fun sometimes but I'm very picky on what they are based off of/how the quality is.
Trainer Gabriel
Trainer Gabriel
I wouldn't have guessed that you once owned an Xbox console. Unfortunately for you, KOTOR I & II were only ever released for the original Xbox and PC systems, so you're out of luck for PlayStation. :( If you're concerned about being able to play the games from GOG well, or maybe if you'd just rather play them with a control pad instead of KB&M, you could consider getting an Xbox One console and searching hard for copies of the original Xbox games. I've heard they can also be purchased from the Xbox Microsoft store, which would likely be cheaper than physical copies, if you do decide to get an XBO. But if Win. 10 is good for gaming as you say, then maybe you won't have any issues with the PC versions as your cheapest option. GOG does have a 1-month refund policy, if they don't run well - I believe you can simply refund games there for any reason, as long as it's within a month of purchase.
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Yeah it wasn't really one of my fave console tbh. Too bad they aren't on PS4 though, but PC is fine so that's alright. I read about the refund policy, which is awesome (cause you never know if one of these days a game won't run well) so I'm glad it's there!
Trainer Gabriel
Trainer Gabriel
I guess we do have our preferences, but okay; I guess the GOG versions will just have to do. I really do hope you can get both games running on your machine without having to make any adjustments. Believe it or not, KOTOR was actually the reason I bought an Xbox in the first place. I sure do wish the series could get HD Remasters for PC, XBO, PS4, and maybe even the Switch...but I know the chances of that are slim to none for a number of reasons. :(

Gosh, what a long conversation chain this turned out to be. 0_0
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
I knew there were Star Wars games but KOTOR I haven't heard of until a bit later it seems lol, very interested to try it soon. As for the HD remasters, that'd be cool though I don't know if they would release it on the Switch (are there any Star Wars games on the Switch?).

Yeah I wasn't expecting it to be this long of a chain lol (not that I mind, I like convo's anyway).
Trainer Gabriel
Trainer Gabriel
Where have you been for the past 15 years anyway? Heh, just teasing. But, really, as someone who loves both Role-playing video games and Star Wars, you'll be in for a real treat of a winning combination! I don't believe there are any SW games on the Switch, but I know there were many on previous generation Nintendo consoles in the past, such as the N64, GameCube, and Wii. A KOTOR Switch port was just a half-joke and wishful thinking on my part to ensure that all gamers, no matter what systems they own, will have access to it (besides, an HD Remaster itself is wishful thinking to begin with...) Then again, I doubt many would have guessed that games like Skyrim and Diablo III would have gotten Switch ports, so maybe that could change in the future, if EA has any deal with Nintendo, or however it would work.

Yeah, you do mention that you do like conversations with other users in your biography. This is by far the longest conversation chain I've ever engaged in, but that's just as cool with me as it is for you. :) But if this is becoming too long for you in your profile, I wouldn't mind if you decided to continue chatting in my profile page.
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Ha, apparently under a rock! I have seen like the Lego Star Wars games and a few like the Indiana Jones PC games, but for some reason this one slipped by my radar lol. It would be cool for a remaster (and I know how you feel, there are some games I wished would get a remaster as well but won't..) and a Switch port would probably bring in those that are curious, especially since the system already has quite a few ports already. And if Skyrim and Diablo have gotten ports, I wouldn't see why not KOTOR couldn't get one! Of course, as long as there's no issues like some people complained with Skyrim apparently (haven't played it so I wouldn't know if it's true or not).

I don't mind either way! We could carry on over on yours though.
Trainer Gabriel
Trainer Gabriel
It slipped my radar when it was first released, too, and I didn't play both games until 2009 (almost ten full years ago now, WOW!). I had only heard the title 'Knights of the Old Republic', with my brother thinking it may have been the title of the next Star Wars movie at the time (lol), but didn't know until later it was actually the title of an SW video game. I suppose it didn't help that I didn't own an Xbox at the time (or even a GameCube until the Christmas the following year). I'll bet now you regret not keeping your old Xbox, if only to play KOTOR I & II? ;)

It's up to you. If you don't mind, then we can simply keep our discussions here, and see how long we can keep it going.
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
TBF it does sound like a movie title or even a novel, seeing as SW usually does have pretty grand titles for most of their media. I kind of do now, but at the same time it'd most likely be the only games I'd play on it since a lot of Xbox titles didn't really interest me too much.

Actually let's see how this keeps going, I'm oddly curious if there's like a limit to how many posts we can put on a VM chain.
Trainer Gabriel
Trainer Gabriel
I guess it does! And it makes sense because the games are set in the Old Republic Era of the SW universe: nearly 4,000 years before the time of any of the movies, to be more precise! If you ask me, owning an Xbox console for KOTOR I & II *alone* is worth it....because they're just THAT good, IMO.

Sounds like a plan to me! :) And to think that this long conversation started with a simple Christmas greeting. XD
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
That's certainly interesting, I knew it had to at least be before the time of the movies (and some of the novels too). If I had known about these games earlier, I probably would've still kept my Xbox then.

I find it funny it went from a Christmas convo, to FE, to SW now lol.
Trainer Gabriel
Trainer Gabriel
I am definitely eager to know if both games will run on your computer.

Don't forget LoL and GOG.com. And I guess I'm the one who started those topics, lol. Well, I guess if we want to keep this up, we'll need to keep bringing up new topics to the discussion. We could also stop here and make a new chain to each of our profiles when we've played the games in the series we've promised each other to play and to share our thoughts (FE for me; KOTOR for you). Up to you.
Back
Top Bottom