• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Hidden Mew
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello to you. I hope you've been doing well, and I've stopped by to check up on you. I mean afterall I know your birthday is in a few days and I don't wanna miss that.
    Looks like you wish it could be Christmas every day :p

I know it was only a few weeks ago, but still...
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I just haven't gotten around to changing my avatar yet. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I'm pretty sure I had this avatar for awhile after Christmas last year, so I don't know why I'm getting comments about it now. It really shouldn't matter to anyone that I'm still using my Christmas avatar, so I wish people would just stop getting on my case about it.
    Reactions: Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Hi there. I'm doing fine. Thank you. That's cool news about Milo Murphy. I still need to catch up with that series one of these days, but at least the crossover will finally premiere next month.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    Welp, the crossover aired today but if you missed the TV airing, The Phineas and Ferb Effect and all of Season 1 is available to watch for free in the DisneyNOW app.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I appreciate the heads up. I started rewatching the first season in preparation for the crossover and also due to how it's been so long since I watched it. I probably won't get to season two for another week or so, but I'll hopefully be able to enjoy the crossover special when I finish season one.
    I just can't will myself to talk to you about Vrains anymore haha. So its finally time for me to talk to you about something else.

Are you enjoying Let's Go?
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I love being able to see Shiny Pokemon too. I randomly found a Shiny Gloom not too long ago and it was so cool to see that it was a Shiny Pokemon before the battle started. That is one of the other cool aspects of seeing Pokemon in the overworld.

I haven't finished the storyline yet, so I haven't flown on my Pokemon yet. I had pretty good luck with Bulbasaur, but I struggled to find Charmander and Squirtle in the wild. I was going to try and get some more of the specific Pokemon candies for my teams, but that might be pretty difficult with some of the rarer Pokemon on my teams.

I can trade you a Sandshrew and Grimer from my copy of Let's Go Pikachu. It would be a bit easier to trade those Pokemon than transferring over some more Pokemon from my Go account in my copy of Let's Go Eevee. We should set up a time for both set of trades. I'd like to evolve my Kadabra, but I just never know when to ask for the trade back.
    Reactions: Ebail
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Yeah I'm really loving the feature because it paid off again. While hunting for a Hitmonlee (which I'm still unsuccessful at) I came across a shiny Graveler. Wish it was something else since I once had one of those in Platinum but hey I wont be too picky with a shiny.

Yeah getting specific candies can be a pain. Short of a random Ditto and Electabuzz one I'd gotten they dont seem to come my way too easily.

Yeah although I do like that transfer feature. It made me redownload Go as I had remembered I had a Scyther on my Go account so I sent it to my Let's Go game. As for the trading well I'm off work today so it can work today. If you happen to have a discord you could always add me on there and send me a message there when ready. It's pretty easy to catch me on there since a message there will light up my phone.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Yeah, I rarely find Shiny Pokemon that I don't usually mind if I find one for a Pokemon that I'm not really into. I can already see getting specific candies will be a bit problem, although I'm hoping that using my Pokemon Go account will help with that. I already have a ton of Pikachu and Eevee there, so that might help a bit.

I'm sorry that I didn't respond on Tuesday. I've been a bit busy with last minute Christmas shopping. I did manage to trade with another person to get my Kadabra to evolve, but we can still trade for the Sandshrew and Grimer if you want to do so at some point. I'll still need to get data on the trade evolutions, so if you have a spare Kadabra, Haunter or Machoke in your game, I can trade you the Sandshrew and Grimer.
    So I stopped following Vrains again but I've been keeping up with new cards and I see they brought back the trend that Arc V got rid of. The rival (Revolver) has now the full fledged rival card of a level 8 dragon type with 3000 attack points and 2500 defense points.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I don't blame you for dropping Vrains again. It's really not good. I often ask myself if I was too hard on Zexal just because of how Vrains is so much worse in a lot of areas. The series might be okay if anyone besides Yusaku mattered, but they really don't and that makes it so much harder to be invested in the series. Why should I care about these characters when even the series doesn't?

They do like to give the rival character a Dragon for most series, although that tradition really kicked off with 5D's. Judai didn't have a traditional rival and Manjoume barely used Armed Dragon Level 10 during GX. Reiji also wasn't the typical kind of rival, which was surprising given everything about his appearance and character biography initially made him look like Kaiba 3.0 to me. We already had Kaiba 2.0 with Kaito. It would have been cool to see Reiji with a Dragon ace monster, but I liked that he was a different kind of rival for Yuya. I think that helped to make Reiji and his relationship with Yuya more interesting than if he was more of a traditional/typical rival figure.
    Indeed. I've been enjoying Season 2 a lot so far. It looks like it'll follow Season 1's structure of having a few slice of life episodes early on with some story arc elements here and there, then the 2nd half of the season will probably dive into the more of the series' story arc.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    Anywho, Milo Murphy's Law returns January 2019 and has moved to Disney Channel. In the Season 2 premiere, Milo, Zack and Melissa join forces with Phineas and Ferb and their friends to save Danville and the world from being taken over by the Pistachions.

Here's the first clip of the crossover.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3_nMplBdJY
    All right I didnt really feel the mood honestly but since I do like you and do like talking to you, I started catching up on Vrains. I'm up to episode 55 now. I mean I do at least like the second opening theme and Soulburner.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That's still really nice of you to say and do that. We can find other things to talk about if you really don't want to keep up with Vrains, so that is an option. The first ending theme was pretty solid and I missed it for awhile too. The second ending theme just made me instantly think "Wow, if only I liked the show even half as much as I like this song," so I think I'd give that theme a bit of an edge for that reason.

I'm just used to calling the characters by their actual names instead of their alter egos. I rarely refer to Yusaku as Playmaker since I honestly don't see much of a difference between them. There is a bit more differences between Takeru and Soulburner, but I think that's mainly because he does keep a low profile around other people. His Skill isn't nearly as broken as Yusaku's since he is limited to the cards in his deck. Yusaku can just get any random Link monster that always ends up being the right one he needs. It's basically a flashy fiery Destiny Draw. It does have a similar problem in that Takeru seemingly can't win a duel without relying on his Skill mechanic, so I basically know how he'll win the match. It still isn't as bad as Storm Access, but I'm already getting kind of bored with it. It probably doesn't help that I don't like his deck that much either. I was hoping that I would, but it isn't particularly interesting to me design wise or strategy wise.

I'm not sure how he fits the description that Yuya wanted to put into duels, but he does want to have fun duels at least. He's a better fit for the Entertainment Dueling style than Onizuka is at this point. It says a lot that despite the questionable to bad writing behind Onizuka's decision to become a bounty hunter, I still say he's one of the few interesting characters in the series. There is one episode that did have a lighter tone and it wasn't a recap episode this time around, but unfortunately, it was more stupid than funny.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Hey its really no trouble for me at all. Like I said I like you, and since I've been a fan of the franchise I really dont mind that much keeping up on it. The only other thing I'm passionate about is Dragon Ball and I'm not making you watch like 600 episodes and 15 movies so we can talk about that. But you are welcome, of course, I mean you really do deserve nothing but kindness so it's natural I'd say nice things about you.

Yeah I still miss the first ending because to me anyway the third ending feels kinda lacking. You're right though if only the show could be as good as the themes there.

And I think the main reason I opt to call him Soulburner more too is because, from where I've seen anyways (only got through 57 now so far) he spends most of his time there, as opposed to Yusaku who we did frequently outside of there. I think I also like his skill too because there is one like that in Duel Links. For Joey/Jou you can drop your life points to 100, discard 2 cards then roll a dice and draw the number of cards you roll so I think seeing that makes me think of there being some crossing ideas. And yeah I will say I'm pretty bored of his deck. It's not like a normal side character deck where we normally see various cards and strategies. With him it's the same cards every duel and only one new card roughly each duel. I will say at least one thing I like is they've branched out from using just Links and have included Ritual and Fusion. Truth be told that was an issue I had with 5Ds and Zexal, while both did include fusion a time or two they never branched out enough from the main summon type.

Well yeah I mean it as he isn't using his duels as a means for revenge or something like that. Rather despite having to duel Aoi and such he actually did want to duel her (and Go) because he looked up to them, and despite sorta needing to beat them he did enjoy the duel either way. I looked at it similar to how Yuya still dueled the way he would against anyone he knew well during his time in the Xyz dimension. But yeah Onizuka was an interesting character and now he just feels like a less interesting Kaiba, with how Kaiba felt he had to beat Atem to further himself, the only difference is Kaiba was always himself and never tried to change himself unlike Onizuka feeling like no one actually likes him and so he had to beat Yusaku to gain respect again so he stopped entertaining. I'll say I've been laughing how in season 2 so far there hasn't been any recap episodes but rather they just show flashbacks that occurred offscreen that we wouldn't see otherwise.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I still really appreciate that. I don't know if I'd watch Dragon Ball series outside of Toonami, but I have seen all of DBZ Kai and a decent chuck of Super. The third ending theme does feel lacking compared to the others. It's okay and I prefer it over the current opening, but it doesn't have the same kind of kick to it as the other ending themes do.

Ah, that makes sense. We saw Yusaku pretty evenly in and out of Link Vrains, but we haven't for Takeru. Takeru's Skill is much more along the lines of how Skills work in Duel Links, which ties into how it isn't nearly as broken. I'd probably would be fine with it if they didn't overuse it like they do with Yusaku's Storm Access. Considering that Speed Duels are the main way duels are fought in this series, knowing generally how the main characters are going to win still eliminates any sense of tension there could be. Granted, their Ignis always being on the line doesn't help either since that guarantees that they aren't going to lose anytime soon too, but I still don't have to wonder how they'll make a comeback in the vast majority of their duels. Seeing him use the same cards all the time doesn't help either, but the designs are just unappealing. Although, I could say that about most of the decks in this series. The Trickstars achetype is one of the few interesting decks in this series and I borderline hate Aoi at this point.

I actually forgot about how they finally included other summoning methods. That made me way too happy at first because I was so sure that they would follow the 5D's/Zexal method of overusing the new shiny summoning method while ignoring that other ones exist. It only took them the first year to finally do something other than Link summons. It still doesn't make up for how overplayed Link monsters are in this series, but it's a start.

Oh, that makes sense too. I can see that comparison with Yuya's duels in the Xyz dimension. Takeru did want to have a fun duel against Onizuka despite being enemies and he was happy to duel against Aoi as well. Onizuka reminds me a bit more of Manjoume than Kaiba probably due to how Kaiba didn't try to change himself like you mentioned. His motivation would hold a bit more weight if he actually did anything against the Knights of Hanoi, but he didn't. I absolutely hate how Aoi and Onizuka are labeled as heroes who saved Link Vrains when all they did was lose to hype up Yusaku's next opponents. He would still be shallow and selfish even if he actually did something during the first season, but at least his desire to want attention would be a bit more reasonable. Plus, it seems like a big contradiction to how he first reacted to his loss against Yusaku. He was actually able to laugh after he lost, implying that it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be, but now being so behind Yusaku made Onizuka give up his Entertainer persona in favor of being a bounty hunter and said how defeat shows the real you after he lost to Takeru. The writing is just really questionable, but at least Takeru called him out for being so selfish.

What do you think of Aoi for this season? I still think that the best way to describe her is Rio 2.0 They want to make her cute with her avatars and create the illusion that she's a strong duelist, but she ultimately serves little purpose beyond being fodder or motivation fuel. And I think her whole "wanting to help everyone" bit felt too hollow. I think it's a combination of still coming off as a bit "show, don't tell" and just not having enough faith in the writers to actually do something with her character to make her sudden determination to help everyone mean anything in the long run.
    Hey it's cool, no need for any of that, I mean we've never talked on a more personal level, just a Yu-Gi-Oh! level so it's all good. So it's still that mediocre huh? Well I still gotta find the time to catch up so you can vent about it and I'll understand what you mean.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom