• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden

FinnishPokéFan92
FinnishPokéFan92
Hmm... Probably the Cleopatra one. That was the first Asterix book translated to Finnish, so it was always on the top of the pile.
LazySpy
LazySpy
" I called you because you're the best architect in Egipt... Which is not so difficult."

"Oh..."

"QUIET! Your buildings are irredemable! Walls collapse on people's heads!"

"It's because of those new-age building materialls, my fair lady... Besides, I always dreamt of building pyramids..."

-----
"Woah... Those people walk away too fast...too bad... The picture was so good, and Sphinx..."

"SPHINX?!?"

* Runs away to inform everyone Sphinx has lost his nose.*
LazySpy
LazySpy
(my own attempt at translating BTW, it sucks, admittebly...)
FinnishPokéFan92
FinnishPokéFan92
I love quoting stuff. A+.
LazySpy
LazySpy
I really have no idea on how to translate those names tho, and not knowing them from official Eng dub hurts as well. For one, the good architect from Cleoapatra book was named Numerobis in Polish, which clealry sounds to me like a wordplay on the Polish word for "number" (numer) and a verb robić (to do something)... But again, I'm pretty sure his English name couldn't by any means involve the exact same wordplay (as in,on the same words with the same meaning).
FinnishPokéFan92
FinnishPokéFan92
It's Numerobis in Finnish as well. I. Finnish, the chief of Asterix's village has his name based on head cheese (à la daube in French).
Back
Top Bottom