• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
FinalArcadia
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• hits your door with an axe well well well, it appears we've reached May 21st. A new zodiac time frame, it's time once more for the rise of us!

latest

Now let's get out there, be evil and cause massive damage!

And the important thing to remember is........happy happy happy birthday! I hope that it's a wonderful birthday for you friend, and I especially hope that your 26 goes way better than my 26 went. Get your butt out there and have an amazing year! With some evil mixed in, cause you know, gemini.
    Reactions: FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Mwahaha, the Gemini revolution begins... now! The other signs shall cower for one month as we Gemini rule supreme!

(The classic Gemini Elf... I used that in SO MANY decks no matter the theme in the Tag Force games for that sweet 1900 ATK with no tribute needed, those were the days)

And thank you so much!!! I've got a chocolate+banana+walnut cake to eat today, and that's enough for me to have a happy birthday haha. My evil Gemini deeds will be (hopefully!) absolutely destroying everyone in races in Team Sonic Racing once my copy comes in the mail. That stinks that your 26th birthday wasn't so great, but hopefully the upcoming one will be a good time! And thanks again, it always makes me smile to see your birthday wishes, I really appreciate them!!!
    Reactions: Ebail
    Headsup if you're still interested and haven't read it, the SRW UX LP is now up on the archives if you haven't read the whole thing yet: lparchive.org/Super-Robot-Wars-UX Might give it a reread myself now that it's up there.
    System Error
    System Error
    No prob, hope you enjoy reading it!

Do in fact have an Asian copy of T. And it does in fact have English text. Switch version though, so no DLC for me. Waiting until the secret info is fully out to really start playing it though, which should be coming out very soon since the actual book is out as of now. Hoping there's more than what's known, UX/BX have really spoiled me on cool secrets, but even disregarding that so far it's almost entirely a Gundam parade.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Hope you enjoy it when you get around to playing it! From having read about some of the other games, the secrets definitely look like a major draw for both something to work toward and to see things that weren't possible in their home series, so hopefully there is a decent amount of them here. Some did seem a bit obscure to figure out though, so I totally get waiting until the secrets are posted somewhere before starting the game up haha.

Did Super Robot Wars DD for mobile ever end up releasing in Japan? I remember Gundam IBO being a part of that one (which caught my interest), but I haven't seen any mention of that game anywhere in months. I wonder if it's any good?
    System Error
    System Error
    Well the secrets are fully out. Is a bit disappointing after all, so that's a shame. Well, in any case, everything there is to know is now known, so I've been making more progress. Somehow Captain Harlock jumped to my unit with the most kills after his intro stage due to killing three quarters of the map on his own, heh.

SRW DD isn't out yet, I think it's supposed to be out this summer? No definite word on its quality from the beta test that was done earlier this year, but it isn't bad from what I hear. Hopefully it can run fine with a spoofer. Does kind of suck that IBO got delegated to that game, though from what I know about IBO, you'd pretty much need to cater the plot to it for it to work.
    Nice starter choice. :)
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Nope, I haven't; I'm actually on my sister's old laptop (my fan's busted again:sick:) so I'm not auto-signed into Discord, and haven't really had a reason to try seeing if I remember my password haha. Is there anything going on on there?
    Max1996
    Max1996
    No, just curious was all.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Ah, gotcha. Wasn't sure if there was any kind of big TWR discussion about something like queues or whatever maybe lol.
    I've got a bone to pick with you! Do you have a Switch yet? Cause if you do we should totally swap friend codes.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    I sent it but nah I don't own Smash. I never got into it honesty. I was thinking about picking it up but with the minimal free time I have and other games I actually want it became a nah.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Thanks, next time I'm on there I'll go accept it! Gotcha about Smash; I think this is maybe the 2nd best one in the series so far (which is nice since I felt the one right before Smash Ultimate was the absolute worst one), but I totally get where it isn't for everyone. Especially if you've got a backlog of other games to get/play, I know that pain haha.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    For sure. Especially with how many games alone I'm getting for my Switch this year. Plus I still have to play my Fire Emblem Warriors game too
    Hey, I'm not sure how close this storm is gonna get to you but good luck with everything these next few days.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Thank you so much, I appreciate the concern!! I'm in the upstate so it's not too bad for us, we're finally feeling the effects just now. It's VERY windy and lots of rain, but we kept power so far so that's good haha.

Are you doing okay up in NJ? I know there was some flash flooding and stuff going on up there, hopefully you haven't had any damage?
    Reactions: Juliko
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Yeah I live in a no flood zone (I mean it's such a good zone that when hurricane Sandy hit us I still got no flooding) so the weather has been mostly fine here. Finally starting to feel like fall which is cool. Just feel down in the dumps myself in general.
    Hi! I noticed that you have changed your avatar and signature.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Hello! Yep, I ended up moving to a different avatar and signature, but of the same character. I can't break free from my fondness for Koyo it seems haha.
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    Lol. Am I correct to assume that Koyo is the main character?
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Actually he's not, the main character is named Kazuki. In fact, Koyo is actually a kind of weird case since he is missing for fairly large chunks of each show, but for the upcoming next series he'll probably be there the entire run for once haha.

(also, sorry this is a late reply, I hadn't logged in for a week or so)
    You probably don't remember me.

It has been awhile, hoping you're doing well.

-From Seto "Sexiest man alive" Kaiba
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    I do remember you! How could I forget the one and only Seto Kaiba. It's been literally years, but nice to hear from you again!

Hope you've been doing well, too!
    Hey. So that Super Robot Wars UX LP I mentioned just got through heavy Fafner plot, finishing off the TV series' plot. Pretty interesting how it was adapted. And the next update will be the start of the movie plot. Still need to watch it myself someday.

Read(ing) the SRW Z LP, by the way? Aside, I heard Fafner was once considered for the Z series. Shame it didn't make it there, but it got two games at least.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Hey, thanks for letting me know! I just finished rewatching the first series of Fafner like three weeks ago so that'd be a good time to see the LP and see how it got adapted compared to how the show was. Overall, how'd you like the plot from what you saw in that LP?

Still working through the Z LP, very slowly haha. I've liked what I've read though, it's making me hungry for the Gundam Seed Blu-rays that are coming out next year. I also didn't know Big O was included in Z before starting to read it, and that's a show I was always interested in but never actually watched.

Yeah, that Fafner got into two games is great, and hopefully it isn't the end for it since Exodus could still get thrown into one, and maybe The Beyond once that finally releases someday (I sure hope it's a new show and not a movie, though I take what I can get at this point haha).
    System Error
    System Error
    Am liking what I see of Fafner in UX. That said with how much SRW adapts plots, not sure how much is applicable to the series, heh. Like I'm pretty sure Mamoru doesn't die in canon anything like how he dies in UX, or Kurusu going through a bunch of development because of witnessing Linebarrels Manga stuff.

Oh, that's interesting. Might use those as an excuse to take a look at Seed. And yeah, Big O being in - in the whole Z series actually - is pretty interesting. Especially considering it was more popular in the west than anything. Too bad it as a series got cut short, leaving it on an ending that was never followed up on.

I expect/hope that Fafner will get its next shot whenever the series does their next big trilogy.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Sorry this is so late, I haven't signed in for like a week! I'm going to have to take a look to see what happens with Kurusu in particular, since he doesn't really get much development at all in Heaven & Earth beyond being the "good" Festum so to speak.

Ahh, I'd always assumed The Big O was one of those things that would be more popular outside Japan given the artstyle of it, but I didn't know it got cut short! Was the second season that Adult Swim or Toonami helped fund still not a total ending? Or I might be thinking of a different show they helped fund another season of haha.

Fafner - The Beyond - is actually finally getting more information about it revealed on August 18, so I'm pretty excited about that! With it getting something new (presumably soon), that'd be great for more content they could adapt in SRW eventually.
    Have you seen the new Kingdom Hearts III trailers? O_O
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    So many trailers, so much information! Seeing Aqua like that was the most shocking thing, but it was also so nice to finally see Kairi in KH3! I can't get over how amazing this game looks, like the Tangled and Frozen worlds are so much like their movies it's almost scary haha. For a second with the Pirates of the Caribbean trailer though, I got my hopes up for Treasure Planet. Oh well, maybe next time... What'd you think of all the trailers?
    Kharixi
    Kharixi
    I'm juiced up on the hype! There's so much content just from the trailers I wanna dive into. I'm glad to see Larxene is back! And Roxas!... for some reason. And yeah, that Aqua thing really got me. Quite a twist! Speaking of, it's crazy that the Riku Replica is back (or at least that's what I presume he is). And this game looks so amazing... Honestly, with all this, I'm actually more okay with the delay (as salty as I was when I first heard about it), because at least it's yet more quality they're working on.
    Also, Don't Think Twice is so beautiful. ;_;
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Larxene was such a cool antagonist with her sass, it is nice to see her back in action. Yeah, seeing Riku there sitting by the Riku Replica is very intriguing, it'll be interesting to see where they go with him. That scene also really hit home how good Riku's new look is too haha. The wait looks like it will be worth it, honestly the game looks even better every time there's a new trailer which is a good sign! I agree about Don't Think Twice; at first I wasn't sure how I felt about it since it's a little slower than the other themes, but it's really grown on me for how emotional it sounds.
    So I finally had some free time at work today and I jumped on facebook and on there I saw the official announcement for the new games you'd mentioned two weeks ago. Honestly when I first heard of them I thought it was a throwback to Yellow. It's a bit odd to me to see a console version of Go honestly.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Yeah I won't deny that at all. Games feel a lot more fluent on them. I admit loading times for some games seem atrocious but that feels like it comes as a cost to games running better so I was always okay with that.

What no way. I mean anytime I've ever talked to you these last 6 years you've always seemed to be filled with life and plenty good spirits. I won't believe you're any bitter.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Load times are definitely better now in general thanks to installing them, but boy do they take up so much space like that now. After playing Sonic 2006 many times though, I think I got desensitized to load times haha.

Aww, thanks!! I don't know if I've ever imagined I'd be described as filled with life, but I appreciate it! But you don't fit bitter old man either since I've always thought you were very thoughtful and so chill and reasonable. We might not be able to deny the old part though haha.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    I'm pretty good at shrugging off loading times now but still those initial loading screens when first starting a game haha. Some of those I have time to completely make up a cup.of coffee.

Well when's the last time we really sat down and talked about life? I bet I could convince you I'm bitter! Not you though, all joking aside I've always seen you as nothing but very sweet so. But yes we are both definitely old folks, we can agree on that one.
    Nice Fafner avatar/title.
    System Error
    System Error
    Hope you have fun reading the Z LP. And yeah, not sure why people dislike Shinn so much, maybe it's wanting idealistic protagonists or more likely just anti-SEED stigma. Really, a lot of protagonists could've ended up like Shinn, but they had support where he didn't. Kinda feel the ones that stand out are more interesting myself, like him, or Asemu to some extent.

Yeah, for sure. Would love to see more Fafner in SRW, especially given Exodus. And yeah, it's always neat when SRW breaks canon and works characters into works further along the timeline. Only problem with Mamoru is that there's only one Mark Funf, so you have to choose between him and Hiroto. I just wish Michio's mechs were better in UX, I like the guy but he's best at the start of stages. Or in the Linebarrels manga finale.

Best SRW game overall...that's a tough one. Many of them have at least one issue that sticks out, so I'll have to think about that one.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Thanks! Yeah, both of those seem pretty likely, the anti-SEED thing thankfully seems to be lessening as the years go on I've noticed in parts of the Gundam fanbase. More for SEED itself and not so much Destiny, but anything helps. Protags like Kamille in particular I think could've ended up more like Shinn. Shinn also had Durandal and Rey who weren't exactly helping him out emotionally either haha. He was a nice change of pace though, especially from his immediate predecessor Kira.

Ah, that's a tough call then between Mamoru and Hiroto since I like Hiroto more as a character. Is one of them particularly more useful as a pilot? As least Michio doesn't have any one that he conflicts with for a mech, though that's a shame he isn't better off. at least I assume since I don't remember anyone else in the Mark Ein.

Gotcha, if you ever decide on one, I'll be interested to hear it!
    System Error
    System Error
    Indeed. Probably why Kamille and Shinn become friends in the Z series. And yeah, Shinn is especially a change of pace from Kira.

I personally tend to lean towards Mamoru. It's easier to use Triple Dock than Junior Cross Dock, the latter being outright unusable if you're using Zero Fafner. Hiroto does have the Valor spirit (double damage on next attack) making him a bit more self-sufficient since Mamoru's is bundled into the overly expensive Courage, but Mamoru also has Exhaust which can cripple bosses. Just a playstyle thing on my part though. Shame they don't actually let you use Goubine and Great Goubine together, as they joke. A double Goubine smash would've be amazing to see.

And yeah, re:Michio. The Mark Ein is such a downgrade from his previous machine gameplay wise. Least you can still use him in the Crossing System Katamari to boost his and everyone's stats.

Just need to do a mini analysis of several of the more accessible SRWs for that. Key point being actually doing so.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom