Bulbagarden

Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
Well that's unfortunate. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised when they'd want to plug Link monsters through the game, but I just hope they won't force players to use it even during the story mode for different series. It would sadly fit with how Konami forced players into using Link monsters in the first place though. I don't know if I'd even want to play as any Vrains characters. I wouldn't mind trying out Link monsters, but since I loathe the series so much, I'm not really excited for that aspect of the game either. The main selling point of this game for me is undoubtedly playing through a potential Arc V story mode.
Reactions: Ebail
Ebail
Ebail
Yeah I guess that's the issue with them enforcing the new rules of the game. Makes everyone stuck with them no matter what. There's still hoping they won't have it be that way for the story mode but who knows. At least we can find out in about two weeks when it comes out in Japan. Sorry for giving you the false hope of it looking like the zone wasn't there in the first screens. I shouldn't really speak about stuff without actually knowing about it haha.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
That's okay. It was a reasonable assumption given what you saw from the earlier screenshots. It would be kind of difficult to play some decks with those new rules in place. Oddly enough, I don't mind the Pendulum Zones being part of the Spell/Trap Card Zones. That felt like a more natural way to limit Pendulum summoning without breaking it apart. The Extra Monster Zone concept is complete garbage and I hate the idea of being forced to use Link monsters if I want to use more Extra Deck monsters. I just hope that the next summoning method they'll inevitably make after Vrains will be a better fit for the game and they won't alter the game further to make it work.
Ebail
Ebail
I really gotta get better at responding when I see the notification so I don't forget.

Yeah the Pendulum zone in the backrow did make a lot of sense when they made that move, what with Pendulums being a version of a Continuous Spell it did make sense to force them to share the spot. Besides aside from a few decks you wouldn't want your backrow over crowded. You are right though. I can understand the concern with Extra Deck speed summoning but to hamper everything and totally changing the game by making the Extra Monster Zone was a bit too extreme. No other summon ever made the entire rules of the game change like this. Who knows how wacky the next summon method could be.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
It's okay. There's never any rush on my part to respond back. I still remember the backlash towards Link monsters. It basically did rewrite the game to force in a new summoning method instead of just making it fit within the already established rules. A lot of fans wanted to see them have two different set of rules for tournament so that they didn't have to rework their decks completely. A part of me hopes that they'll fix this whenever they make a new summoning method, but this is Konami we're talking about here. There's a pretty good chance that they'll just continue to shoot themselves in the foot.
Ebail
Ebail
Knowing them they'll just increase the Extra Monster Zone to 2 per person or something, and figure that'll be good enough. It just kinda makes me laugh that you have some cards like for example Shooting Star Dragon, which while it's old of course, is essentially unplayable now as it needs 2 Synchro Monsters to summon it. I know there's more recent examples but that's what jumped into my mind first.

It is bad that it changed things this much though. It was to the point that online dueling simulators I used had two rules, one with Link Monsters, and then ones without where it had the only field setup and you weren't allowed to use any Link Monsters
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
That's a big reason why there was so much backlash towards this new rule. It made a lot of cards and archetypes almost unplayable, especially when they were plugging so many new archetypes that relied on Extra Deck summoning during Arc V. Most fans would probably be happier if they did have two different sets of rules like online dueling simulators have. At least they wouldn't be forced to either make brand new decks or force Link monsters into their existing decks if they didn't want to use them.
Ebail
Ebail
Ah well there's nothing that can be done, I guess. All they can do now is prevent future drastic changes since they'll never end up going back now.

Did you see they announced a bulk of the Arc-V characters from the new game?
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
I did see that announcement. That was pretty great news to hear. I especially hope that we can get more artwork of some of the characters like the counterparts and Zarc. Chojiro being included was also a nice surprise since he's one of my favorite supporting characters in the series. The game will be out in Japan in a couple of days, so hopefully it won't be long to find out how many characters from each series are featured in the game and how the different storylines are covered in the video game.
Ebail
Ebail
Well I just bought the game now myself so now I just wait while it downloads.
Back
Top Bottom