Bulbagarden

Ebail
Ebail
It's funny now because while at work yesterday I got a YouTube video recommendation notification that was showing about Kiryu being added so I was like "cool they added another 5Ds character I'm going to start playing again" and then sure enough I load the game and feel disappointment seeing it's just another roaming Duel-a-Thon. But at least I managed to pull almost all the new UR cards in under 50 packs opened so that helped my mood with the game.

Yeah really. I loved back in December when they gave you the one use Incubators for hitting a Pokestop. Like you said some coins wouldn't kill them. I know you can easily play the game for free (when around enough stops anyway) given that all Pokeballs are free and whatnot but hatching eggs is important and one at a time doesn't really cut it.

Yeah like I said they removed a lot of the DLC duels from the original because they were only in that game so characters could be added. Like Jack and Yuya's first duel was in there but not in the Switch version for example. Same thing with Yuya and Sora's first duel since that one was originally added as DLC so Sora would be in the game. As far as more Vrains duels go I'm not sure if they will be added or not. When the original game came out Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon had been out for a while now and other cards from its release pack were in but it was locked via DLC paywall because Yuto wasn't included in the base game. In this case though I don't see any missing cards like all of Revolvers cards seem to already be in the game so unless they add more duels for free (which seems like a stretch for Konami) I guess despite saying its focused on Vrains it really isn't, but I know that makes you happy.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
Well they usually have an event featuring a new character before they make them unlockable in Duel Links. Jack and Ushio weren't unlockable until the second time they were given an event and now they can be unlocked through character based missions. There was a notice in-game listing future events and it does sound like Kiryu will be unlockable by sometime late June. I'd be kind of surprised if they only have Dark Signer Kiryu in Duel Links. They have other evil only versions of other characters like Bakura, Marik and Saiou, but I figured that Kiryu was pretty popular even without being a villain. It does give them the chance to use some Dark Signer characters and possibly introduce the Earthbound Gods into Duel Links too. I'm still hoping that they'll put Carly in the game, even if it is just Dark Signer Carly. I want Jack and Carly to have some interactions, although I'm still surprised that they didn't give Yusei any different lines when he's dueling against Kiryu in the game.

The free incubators events are pretty neat and helpful, but they are still pretty limited when they only work once. Hatching one egg at a time would be so annoying and difficult to do. Eggs are a huge part of the game and they can help with finding new Pokemon or getting more candies. They have made impressive progress with Pokemon Go considering how it started, but there are still some more improvements they could make to help make it better for players.

That is too bad that some of the DLC duels weren't included for the Switch version, but since those were only put in so certain characters could be added into the game, I can see why they wouldn't be featured. It might also have been a space issue, but I don't know how much data a Switch game has compared to what they were using for the original Legacy of the Duelist. That is quite strange about how the game treats Vrains. If Revolver's cards are already in there, then that makes not including him even weirder. If this was early in Vrains' run, then this would make sense, but they could have adapted at least season one into the game. But it is certainly true that the game not being focused on Vrains despite the marketing makes me really happy. I still hate the series immensely. I honestly don't know if season two was worse than season one, but season two hit a lot of similar beats that season one did. Even the last arc of the series had basically everyone else "dying" so that Yusaku had the save the day again. Knowing that the new video game has such little Vrains content makes the bitter part of me so happy. I can just focus on playing on the other story modes and have fun with it.
Reactions: Ebail
Ebail
Ebail
Well I know at least in the case of Marik when Yami Marik's event was around they kept making it seem like once you beat him and the event ended regular Marik would be coming, so you never know there is always the chance of him at least for that reason alone, especially since Yami Marik was confirmed in game as being revived by Kaiba so no reason logically why both can't be in game. As for Kiryu yeah it would make a lot of sense to have his Crashtown version in the game as well. If nothing else he should just be a selectable "alternate attire" of sorts where its all the same Kiryu via decks and level up but he looks different and has different lines. At least that's how the Tag Force games did things like Tag Force 6 specially. Oh there's no doubt they'll add Dark Signer Carly to me. I expect all the Dark Signers. But who knows, regular Carly could even be in one day since the regular Fortune Fairy cards she had became real cards earlier this year.

Yeah hatching an egg at a time stinks. I'm still only hatching one at a time now because I'm saving my coins for an Adventure Box to get all those incubators at once. Yeah the game has definitely gotten better since it started at least. No more all Caterpie and Pidgey only for me in the city. Definitely would like some more features though. Like ability to send a friend request to people in a gym with you or something.

Yeah I mean just to beat the 4 challenge decks from Vrains I built a Revolver deck and it's a full deck of all the cards he used in Season 1 so it's really odd to me that his cards weren't omitted or something and locked behind a DLC with him. Maybe because they faced a lot of criticism doing stuff like that last time with like Yuto. I'll have to read the episode summaries to catch myself up on Vrains to see how bad it really had gotten.

And yeah I had to keep summoning so many times to fulfill the ability to summon Z-ARC. Reiji being able to destroy cards easily really did help but still that was only one duel. Trying to summon Shooting Star Dragon in another took waiting until I could use Stardust Dragons effect to free up the Extra Monster Zone. And thank ya for the compliment on the avatar. I am particularly fond of the pose he's making in this one myself.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
Sorry for taking so long to respond back. I've had a busy week. They do have a sprite of regular Marik, but it was only used for the Battle City themed events. I'm not sure if there's much demand to play as regular Marik compared as Kiryu or even Bakura, but having alternate forms available would be pretty neat. I'm not sure if they'll have all of the Dark Signers. Aside from Kiryu, Carly and maybe Misty, most of the Dark Signers aren't too popular. They might do it in order to include all of the Earthbound Gods though. There is Godwin as well, but he's a main villain, so he'll be in the game at some point.

I will pay them good money to make wireless trading possible. They can make it so that you can only trade online with only Ultra or higher friends or something like that, but it needs to happen yesterday. It would also be nice if the newer Pokemon weren't so rare to find in the eggs. Aside from the Sinnoh starters, it's pretty hard for me to find eggs with Sinnoh Pokemon in them.

It is still strange to not include Revolver given his popularity and they have his cards available. The episode summaries might not cover the full scope of how terrible the series has gotten. I will say that the final arc for season two played out almost exactly like season one did. Everyone "died", Aoi "died" in Akira's arms for maximum angst, it all came down to Yusaku again because he's the only character that matters and everyone was revived, making all of that angst even more hallow and pointless. Ai is now a villain for some reason and equally as confusing, Bohaman is suddenly a good guy again. In short, you haven't missed anything.

I just wish that they made the Link monster rules only for the Vrains part of the game, but since it makes such a short amount of it, I guess I can see why that didn't happen. Most Yuya pictures make me feel pretty happy too.
Ebail
Ebail
You honestly have no need or reason to apologize for taking a few days to respond. I mean afterall how long do I make you wait for my response sometime? I'm sure enough people would accept a normal Marik because gems and rewards and whatnot. From what I had seen though when people did data mine there were exclusive skills listed for a regular version of Marik. I can still see all the Dark Signers in the game though, one way or another. I expect them all to be featured via a story like how we played through Duelist Kingdom or Battle City events.

Yeah really. There's no need for it to be restrictive with trading, especially since the days of WiFi really began global trading became a staple of Pokemon. Eggs frustrate me a lot sometimes. I hatched my first Feebas back in December and stopped playing for a few months again but had the tracker left on so all that time I at least collected the candy, then caught a shiny one and got enough candy to evolve it. But then the next two 10k eggs I found were both Feebas. It's cool to get more spare candy but it was annoying to hatch the same thing from what's suppose to be rare eggs multiple times in a row.

Ehhh, I caught up anyway on the series. When I saw your message I'd just gotten to Flame and Windy's duel and now just finished Yusaku and Bohman. I mean I'd like to say I'm surprised but honestly it's Yu-Gi-Oh!, they always do this it seems. Yami Yugi vs Dartz or vs Noah. Even vs Pegasus when their duel was closed off to his friends. And the dying thing too, that's just too standard. This time it's just more digital. How many times in DM did everyone lose their soul? Or 5Ds with people dying to become a Dark Signer before coming back to life? Or heck even everyone being carded in ARC-V. They always seem to redo these things. I think we were just spoiled by ARC-V personally. They tried to break the norm (except for the dying but not really dying) by not having the main character be the only hope for everyone or needing to save everyone in the end even though they did make it look that way. And even having a female duelist in the end be the hero to save the day. I will say I like Vrains more then I did Zexal but my biggest issue is I feel like duels aren't the main focus like prior series. It just feels like the duels are lacking. Like they're trying to make them more like real life ones now with characters using multiple of the same cards rather then a deck with no duplicate cards for the most part like we've always seen before.

Yeah. Mostly for GX and 5Ds I wish there was no Extra Monster Zone because Judai and Yusei's decks just don't really cut it without the use of multiple Extra Deck monsters. Same here, Yuya is always great to see. I'll need to go back to him soon. I always just use avatars that reflect however I currently feel. Or what's on my mind.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
I appreciate your understanding. I was just more busy than usual the past couple of weeks, so that made me take longer than usual to respond back. I didn't think that they would put regular Marik in Duel Links, but finding Skills exclusive to him in the data mine does make it more likely. They also just absolutely love putting in DM characters and they're running pretty low at this point, especially if they want to stick with characters from the canon arcs. At this point, I wouldn't be shocked if they put in characters from the filler arcs like Noah and Dartz just because DM is most recognizable series out of the bunch.

I think that they want to be limited with trading because that would render the region exclusive Pokemon kind of moot, but I still think that concept for Pokemon Go is pretty stupid in itself. I'm not going to travel across the world just in the hope of finding rare Pokemon. I definitely understand the frustration of finding multiple Pokemon in the ten kilometer eggs. It was downright frustrating to get so many Dratini so often and wasting the super incubators. The only good thing about that was it made it easier to get to the Dragon Gold medal faster. Not to mention most five kilometer eggs at this point are pretty useless unless I get lucky with a Sinnoh Pokemon.

I thought that you started watching the series again based on your avatar. While I understand your point about the whole dead but then coming back to life point, I think that there are some key differences between how the other series handle it compared to what Vrains. DM had characters lose their souls, but that didn't happen at the end of every season or even the end of each major conflict. Some characters almost died, but it wasn't the same basic setup every time with every villain like it has been for Vrains thus far. They didn't overuse the whole characters losing their souls like Vrains does with the whole coma/practically dead deal. Some of the Dark Signers were brought back to life, but some of them also stayed dead like with Godwin, his brother and Demak, Ruka's opponent. Even Carly lost her memories. Granted, that was a stupid way to put her relationship with Jack back to square one, but it did show that there was at least some long lasting consequences from that arc. Not to mention Kiryu still had to deal with everything he did during the Crash Town arc.

Arc V also used carding sparingly. It was the main weapon Academia had, but up until Dennis carded himself, I think that we only saw minor and background characters being carded. They only started to card the main cast near the end of the series to show just how intense things were getting. Yeah, it was pretty much a guarantee that they would find someway to undo it, but we didn't get confirmation for that for years. That made it such an effective use of tension. Even the way it was eventually undone didn't negate the tension it created. Carded people were brought back to life, but only because the dimensions were starting to merge together and Zarc was about to destroy everything again. It wasn't an instant solution like how Yusaku defeating the big bad of the season instantly brings everyone back to life. The threat of being carded was always there whenever they dueled someone from Academia, but they never really negated it by having them undo it before the Zarc battle or find some way around it. It's honestly one of the best use of tension I've seen out of any of the series.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
There might be some truth to us being spoiled by Arc V. It did do a lot of things differently than we normally see in this franchise and that helped to make it a more engaging series, but I don't think that's a major aspect of my issues with Vrains. I can compare Vrains with Arc V to better illustrate my points, but I still try to avoid doing that so it doesn't sound like I don't like Vrains just because it isn't Arc V. If it was a good standard Yu-Gi-Oh!, then I'd probably be okay with Vrains, or at least not hate it as much as I do, but calling it standard would be insulting to the franchise since Yu-Gi-Oh! can and has done much better than Vrains in my opinion. Yusaku being the only one to save the day wouldn't be that bad if the other characters got to do something besides hyping up his opponents after getting some token victories, but for the most part, they don't.

It would also help if Yusaku had better characterization and actual personal motivation to justify why he has to defeat the big villain of the season. Most of the other leads had personal reasons as to why they had to defeat the villains beyond just being the protagonist. Yusaku had that to duel against Revolver in season one, but he didn't really have to defeat Spectre. They had more build up for Yusaku to face off against Bohman, but the fact that he already defeated Bohman multiple times during season two really weakens that buildup. It would be like if Yugi kept defeating Pegasus throughout Duelist Kingdom instead of saving that match for the arc's finale. Yusaku didn't really have personal motivation either. He was dueling to save Jin, but he had no connection to Jin beyond Shoichi, so that wasn't really personal. Wanting humans to coexist with humans was a better motivation, but I don't think it was focused enough to make it work. Not to mention they suddenly have Yusaku regretting his fruitless desire for revenge even though Yusaku nearly everything he wanted by dueling for revenge. Season two is just a complete mess from start to finish. Onizuka's character was completely butchered beyond repair in my opinion, Aoi still doesn't get a meaningful victory and last arc hits nearly the same story beats as the first season finale did. They just threw in Shoichi's death and supposedly killed off the other Ignis for extra angst, but that's about it. The problem isn't that Yusaku defeats the main villain. The problem is that everyone keeps dying around him in order to hype up his opponents. There's no tension when they've pulled the same trick twice in a row and it makes the rest of the cast look pretty much useless. Aside from Zexal, I didn't think that the main/supporting cast was this useless. At least Shark and Kaito got important roles in Zexal's storyline. All of the characters aside from Yusaku are pretty much useless and could be replaced pretty easily.

The duels are pretty lacking in Vrains. I had similar issues with Zexal. Although, I think it's because none of the new archetypes are too appealing to me visually or provide enough interesting strategies to make me want to play them. Judai and Yusei's decks are really Extra Deck heavy, so I'm sure that the rule really doesn't work in their favors either. I still worry about how they'll handle eventually putting Link monsters into Duel Links, but since that probably won't happen for another couple of years at the earliest, I'm hoping that Konami will have better rules setup that doesn't completely negate all of the Extra Deck heavy decks already used in Duel Links. I usually stick with one avatar for a long time and then change it whenever I find something interesting. I have a lot of Lucario pictures to choose from too, although I have thought of getting a Yuya avatar to mix things up.
Ebail
Ebail
Hey it's all good. Your real life definitely comes before me so if you're busy there's no need to explain, I get it happens. A lot of other games always added regular Marik too. I guess as a way to duel Marik once you defeat Yami since it wouldn't make sense in a story mode to encounter him again once you beat him. But I do suppose in the case of Duel Links he wouldn't be needed since no one gets taken out in this world. I could see someone like Zigfried added one day too since he cards became real. Who knows though at this point its slim pickings for DM characters.

Yeah really. I could see making certain Pokemon more common in other countries instead but to make them exclusive? Honestly that was a turn away from me playing a bunch after the first month. It's even like that now to me with the 7km eggs, I keep hatching Munchlax which is pointless given that we just had that Snorlax event. Eggs have just been frustrating in general lately.

I think that Demak was referenced as being revived as well as if I remember right he was laying there with the other Dark Signers before being revived. I just assume he was revived and never shown again given he had no connection with any of the Signers. Misty was only mentioned that one last time to show she had no ill will towards Aki. Carly had to lose her memory, because as if they'd ever let a main character get involved with a relationship or love. Just tease it.

I mean I'll give you that much. The carding was good tension because you only figured people were being carded to fuel whatever Leo was doing. While I did always figure if Leo was stopped the effects of his machine could be reversed and everyone restored it did seem like the damaged done to the Xyz dimension was more of a permanent sort.

I will still stand by saying Arc-V caused spoilment and we hoped for something similar in Vrains. I mean the main character being the final enemy? Sure DM tried making it seem like at one point Yami Yugi was a bad guy but you knew it wasn't true. And then they had the bit about Judai being the Supreme King but he was corrupted. I feel like they're trying to mimick the idea of a main character as the final antagonist with Ai now but it doesn't have the same effect at all. Regardless I absolutely understand that your dislike of Vrains doesn't come from spoilment or deep love of Arc-V. You've made that point clear after everything you've said here. It would have been better if Bohman was more like Trueman. A multiple clone enemy that acted as a grunt for a final boss. Even still I won't make you discuss Vrains anymore then you want to (and I know you don't want to at all)

Yeah unless you're trying to go through using Neos or Bladedge the Judai duels get tough. Yusei is even worse because his deck really does have no strong monsters outside his Extra Deck. At least if you use Stardust Dragons effect it frees that zone up. When Pendulum cards come next year I'm sure we'll still be fine. They could have already added that Extra Monster Zone since the days of GX being added but I guess they felt no need until we get Link Monsters due to the Link Markers. Yeah I know you like to keep avatars for a while. I remembered seeing people trying to give you grief for using your Christmas avatar beyond the holiday, you know as if you aren't an adult who can make her own decisions and use whatever avatar you feel like whenever you want to. Although a Yuya one right now would be funny given I've swapped to Yuri.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
I didn't know regular Marik was included in other games. I guess that makes sense if players still wanted to duel him after a story mode, but it doesn't seem too necessary for Duel Links. I wouldn't be against Marik becoming playable, but it would definitely feel like they're reaching pretty deep to find more DM characters too. Zigfried would seem plausible given his cards are already in the game. I could see them making a big event for the DOMA characters too.

I haven't hatched the seven kilometer eggs for awhile just because I've been stocking up in five and ten kilometer eggs. I should open up my gifts more often and I have hatched shiny Pokemon before, but it is such a struggle to find worthwhile eggs. This wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have to spend money on getting more incubators so often. I just hope that they'll have another event where region exclusive Pokemon become widely available for a period of time.

I don't think that they reference Demak again. He is lying with the other Dark Signers, but they never mention him again. It's true that he didn't have a connection with the other Signers, but the least they could have done was establish that all of the Dark Signers aside from Godwin and his brother were still alive. Carly didn't have to lose her memories, but that was probably the basic reason behind it along with how the head writer can't write women to save his life. It might not have been that bad if we did get more Jack and Carly ship tease moments afterwards, but we really didn't.

That's one of the many aspects about Arc V that I love so much. There was good conflict and tension through the series and there weren't a lot of instant fix it solutions. The dimensional war, for better or for worse, changed everything in the four dimensions. Things couldn't go back to the way they were beforehand. Heartland is still in ruins and it will take time for them to rebuild the city, but they are able to take a step forward and enjoy dueling again in order to start the healing process. Instant fix it solutions aren't necessarily bad. Those have been part of the franchise from the start, but it helps if they're established early enough and the characters still have to work to get to that point. I appreciated that Arc V didn't really go that route for most of its conflicts. It made the resolution feel more satisfying and earned than if they had their own Numeron Code like plot device that just undid all of the damage from the dimensional war.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
I wasn't really hoping for something similar with Vrains. I would have liked that, but I just went in hoping that I'd like it. Once the head writer was revealed, my expectations dropped significantly. This is the same person who wrote Zexal and the Arc V manga. If you ever wanted to hear me complain about something Arc V related, then I can go all out against that overrated manga. I was hoping for something surprisingly decent at best like the Zexal manga. Vrains is just not decent or even a standard Yu-Gi-Oh! series in my opinion. It would be much less frustrating if that was the case. Bohman being the grunt instead of the final villain of the season definitely would have been a better option. I'm still not sure what was the point of Bohman thinking he was the real Yusaku or why they needed to devote so much time in perfecting Bohman in the first place. It just contributed to the lack of direction the season had, as well as making it much less impressive for Yusaku to defeat Bohman. He already defeated him twice before and their third duel ended in a draw. They had to work so desperately to make Bohman look more like a threat to make up for that. I don't think that Yami Yugi was presented as the villain unless you're referring to the DOMA arc or the early volumes of the manga. They also weren't terribly clear on what the Supreme King was in GX. Ai becoming a villain doesn't work for quite a few reasons, but I'm also still of the opinion that it's some kind of act rather than making him really evil.

We can talk about Vrains if you want to. I just had a lot to say before, as well as now apparently, because I think that most other series handle tension and personal motivation much better than Vrains does. Plus, I don't think that my issues with Vrains all come from my love of Arc V. I know that you weren't saying that earlier, but people have brushed off my opinions before in a similar manner. Plus, if the preview summaries that I glanced through are any indication, I'm sure that I'll have plenty more to say when they start focusing on Onizuka.

I'm still not sure how they'll handle Pendulum cards in Duel Links, but hopefully they'll fit relatively well in the Speed Duel format. Hopefully Link monsters won't cause too much problems. Yeah, I remember people giving me static for using a Christmas avatar for most of January. It was not a particularly fun time. Hopefully that won't happen when I have my Christmas avatar next year too. I've often thought of having a Yuya avatar, but I probably have too many options to choose from as well.
Ebail
Ebail
Yeah most games he was in are old GBA games where he's a lower ranked opponent than his Yami half (much like Yugi) using a mill or annoyance deck usually since in those days he hadn't actually ever dueled yet. Beyond that he appeared in the DS game Nightmare Troubadour where you can face him as a friend after the story. It's kind of funny, we were just talking about Dartz and now this new pack in game included the Legendary Dragon cards so think that could lower his chances now.

I hear you there. I'm only doing the 7 ones in hopes of hatching a Riolu myself honestly. Yeah really, it's never fun having to spend money and get nothing out of it. Exclusive Pokemon world wide would be a great event for the fall I feel like.

Yeah Carly didn't really have to lose her memory with Jack saying he loved her but apparantly love and card games don't go together so it just can't happen. I'm surprised they took so long in Vrains for the stereotypical main girl falling for the main guy. Although I think it taking a handshake for Aoi to realize feelings is very farfetched but stereotypical no matter what with Yusaku always coming to her rescue.

Yeah while the instant fix solution of everyone being uncarded did feel necessary, at least for Crow to make his return to try to stop Zarc too you're right, the physical damage to the worlds didn't just go away nor did the emotional trauma just get forgotten by anyway as could be the case often enough in a Yu-Gi-Oh! series. While the main characters moods did improve and everyone did start to move on it wasn't a simple change.

It's kind of like Haru. When I first saw him it seemed like he was going to be the main person between him and Bohman but he was literally just thrown away to act as plotfuel to show the point of bonds needing to be formed even between AI. Yeah I feel like this whole bit with Ai is either something to try to use SOL to revive the other Ignis because they have the original data somehow or to take control of and destroy the new AI they made so humanity doesn't need to fear an AI uprising and Yusaku can live in peace. You know, predictable. Even still this definitely feels like it's a final arc/leading to the end at least what with it being over 100 episodes now, all the other main characters knowing Playmakers identity, and the other ignis being dead. So I guess that's at least a plus that it should be done by spring.

You're free to talk or not talk about Vrains, it's your call. I know you're mostly just venting your frustrations with it when you do talk and that's fine. If you don't like something you don't like something and are entitled to your opinion. I do apologize if I seem like I try to imply you don't like Vrains because of how much of a step down it was from Arc-V (because anyway between you and me I still don't highly enjoy Vrains and do miss and love Arc-V) I will say though I feel like they're trying hard to reference or throwback to DM with Vrains. Probably to try to win back old fans.

It all really depends which Pendulum cards they release too. Most of the early ones will probably be very generic ones like Flash Knight. Well hey if you wanna use it in January go for it, it's really your decision and I'll be here to back you up of people give you grief again. Haha it's all good, I feel like you without a Lucario avatar would take a fair amount of getting use to.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
That's strange. I have Nightmare Trabadour and I definitely beat the storymode, but I don't remember regular Marik appearing. It has been a long time, so I probably just forgot. I just noticed that they put in the DOMA cards in the newest pack. I could still see them putting in Dartz and his group if they're really desperate for new DM character, which they most likely are at this point.

I've only hatched two Riolu thus far from the ten kilometer eggs. I haven't found one in the seven kilometer eggs yet. I've been hatching a lot of Feebas eggs lately. I wish I could find a Shiny one instead. More Shinx eggs would be nice too.

I don't know if Aoi realized she had feelings for Yusaku so much as that was just really poorly done shipping bait. Since I can count the amount of interactions they've had on one hand, I don't think that they could do a good shipping bait moment between them at this point. Her whole bit about how they'll take care of the conflict instead was also ridiculously stupid. I know she was trying to help Yusaku, but when have these people been ever able to resolve a major conflict without Yusaku saving the day? They certainly aren't going to be starting now with Ai as the villain.

I couldn't even remember Haru's name for a long time. He just did nothing between his introduction and his defeat. Even Aoi defeating him didn't really make her look good when they flat out said that he was just thrown out there to stall for time. Not to mention his connection with Bohman came out of nowhere. Yeah, I fully expect that Ai's plan is to revive the other Ignis somehow. Vrains is rather predictable like that. I don't think all of the characters know Playmaker's identity yet, but I agree that they are gearing up for a final arc. Most YGO series tend to last for three years, so we should get an announcement for a new series sometime late this year.

It's okay. I didn't think that you were making that implication. I've just seen other people do that with me before and one reason why I avoid the online community is because I know for fact that people would get on my case for liking Arc V and loathing Vrains. If I still went to YGO forums, people would insulting me frequently for that alone. I hope that I'm not raining on your parade if you do enjoy Vrains though. I don't want to make other people feel bad for liking a series that I hate. Although, I don't really see a lot of DM references in Vrains.

They would probably release the earlier Pendulum cards to ease players into the mechanic like they did with Synchro monsters. I wouldn't be too surprised if the Dimensional Dragons were part of the Yuya counterparts' Skills similar to what happen with the Signer Dragons. I really appreciate the reassurance. Hopefully people won't get on my case about it next time. I've used a Lucario avatar for such a long time that it would take awhile for me to get used to having a different one too.
Ebail
Ebail
Yeah that game is pretty old by now. Besides you had to actively search out Marik postgame as an unregistered duelist so it is possible you never ran into him too. Rather than DM at this point they really should put some more focus into GX. That's an area that could desperately use a few more duelists honestly.

I didn't even find my shiny Feebas from an egg, it was just a random wild encounter. I'm mostly sticking with the 7km and my fingers crossed for Riolu because lately all I'm getting is some 5km eggs, no 10 at all so figure I'll just keep trying my luck with the 7. To hatch some Shinx would be cool though if I can find more 10.

To me that's just how I'd seen it. The whole "that felt strange" with the then smile on her face to me made it at least seem like her thinking she had a crush. What with her suppose to have been similar to Yusaku in the sense of not being able to bond easily. Agreed. I understand the sentiment of her saying she felt Yusaku should sit this one out so he didn't have to fight Ai but realistically it's like you said when has anyone but him been able to handle more than one duel? Even in prior series characters proved themselves. Like in DM by the time of the end of Battle City Jou was a good enough duelist that he was able to beat Yami Marik if he didn't just collapse due to the plot needing to have Yami Yugi beat Marik in the end in their eyes. Same deal with Kaiba with him starting the series as the best duelist in the world losing only due to needing to lose to Yugi in their eyes and then Pegasus with mind reading. In 5Ds despite duels being rigged for him to become king Jack was always a very credible duelist who could handle things, same with Crow. And Arc-V goes without saying. Yuya wasn't needed to save the day, and everyone was pretty much on even footing as a duelist save for the duel with Yuri.

Yeah I mean I understand from the early standpoint they wanted you to think Haru and Bohman had a connection but then it was said real early they weren't really brothers it was just fake memories. They just had this makeshift bond at the end to make the AI seem more human. Aoi really did gain nothing from the duel you're right. It basically just showed Haru was meant for nothing as Lightning knew he'd lose anyway and for him to just stall. Maybe if we saw Haru duel before this and win a duel it would have made more sense. Like if after SOL took apart Earth they gave him to Onizuka who in turn lost to Haru for him to be absorbed by Bohman. I think at this point now it's only Onizuka, Ghost Girl (who due to her friendship with Aoi and Akira could find out real easily) and Bloodshepard who don't know. But yeah no matter what I feel the final boss is coming. Who knows maybe it'll even be the "Kings" they have been mentioning them since early in the series.
Ebail
Ebail
I don't blame you for avoiding the online community. I remember back when I used tumblr the way people would get if you didn't like the Yu-Gi-Oh! series they did. Don't worry though, even if I did love Vrains I wouldn't care about you hating it. You're very welcome to your opinion and if I didn't want you ranting about it or expressing your issues I wouldn't be talking to you naturally. You know you're free to hate the series as much as you want. It's a lot of subtle stuff. Stuff like Mirror Force being a deadly card, which I feel was always really Yugi's signature card more than Dark Magician. Mind Crush being used as a way to penalize Lightning for his actions, though the card didn't have the same effect as the penalty game. Kusanagi and Yusaku being forced to duel to break Yusaku. Just like Jou being controlled and forced to duel Yugi so he would be disposed of.

Yeah I'm sure we won't get those Dimensional Dragons. At the least we'll probably get Odd-Eyes Dragon maybe but that's it. We certainly won't get Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon for free. Well don't worry if they do, it's your decision afterall. Yeah if I didn't see you with Lucario it would take me a bit of getting use to. I might not recognize you right away if I don't instantly see your username.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
It would be really cool if they introduced more GX characters. Jim and O'Brien are such good underrated characters that I could see coming to Duel Links. Hayato would also be neat, but considering he was only around for one season and the dub turned him into an idiot, I don't think he has a high chance. I also have strong mixed feelings on the Kiryu event. It is a different kind of event where we don't have to make farm decks, but it is also insanely difficult to defeat him within such a short time limit. I keep getting bad hands, even with event items, and sometimes he'll be able to defeat me before I'm able to do anything. It is quite frustrating and I hope that they'll fix that in future events.

I kind of wish that we could carry more eggs. Nine sounds like a good amount, but with all of the friends people can make combined with all of the Pokestops, having a bit more room for more eggs wouldn't hurt. It would also be nice if they made shiny non-Community Day Pokemon more common. I rarely find shiny Pokemon during non-Community Day events, although I have been lucky with the Adventure Week and finding a random shiny Chikorita. It would be nice if more of these Pokemon were easily available.

The scene is even more ridiculous now that nearly everyone has lost to Ai and Roboppi and of course both Pandor and Aoi are going to lose too. It was a nice gesture, but it really made no sense when none of the characters have been capable of defeating any major threat without Yusaku. Even Zexal kind of got that right with how both Shark and Kaito were still strong duelists who were capable of having at least some impact on the plot. The most these characters get are a token victory against a minor villain, but that's about it. That is a huge problem. Yusaku being the only one to defeat the villain wouldn't be as big of a problem if everyone else wasn't treated as defeat fodder and proven multiple times to be completely useless.

That could have been a better way to handle the whole Onizuka subplot with the Earth Ignis. The more I think about it, the more his storyline really didn't mix well with season two. It just made it feel even more directionless and the whole thing just feels completely meaningless. He learned the same lesson off screen, so it just feels so hallow. They would have been better off writing Onizuka out of Vrains for awhile and then bringing him back. He was so drastically different in season two that he might as well have become a different character. Maybe they wanted to have him go through a redemption arc, but it just feels like they didn't know what to do with Onizuka and possibly didn't care about him either.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
In my experience, people would usually either try to downplay my opinions on a Yu-Gi-Oh! series. It was pretty common to say that I like Arc V just because it wasn't Zexal or to just insult me more directly. I know for a fact that certain sites would eat me alive if I declared that I love all of Arc V, that I think season three is really good and that I liked the ending. I still feel comfortable going to Pokemon sites, although I avoid most conversations on the video games due to leaks and the Pokedex controversy, but I wouldn't feel comfortable going to a Yu-Gi-Oh! forum. I appreciate the reassurance and understanding though.

Those don't really seem like really strong DM references to me. I'm not sure if they'd really need that to get the older fans back when Arc V was full of nods and references to all of the other series, including DM. I didn't think that Yugi used Mirror Force that much, but I haven't seen the series for awhile. If they were trying to make a call back to Yugi vs. brainwashed Jonouchi with Yusaku vs. Kusanagi, then they failed miserably and probably don't understand what made that duel work. Yugi and Jonouchi had a much deeper friendship that was shown throughout the series. Yusaku kept referring to Kusangai as his acquaintance. The duel also didn't seemingly have any long lasting impact on either of them despite all of the drama. At least Jonouchi was still upset at Marik for endangering his and Yugi's lives with that duel. Yusaku vs. Kusanagi could have been easily avoided, while Yugi vs. Jonouchi couldn't and there was a lot of buildup for that match.

Yeah, giving the dimensional dragons away so easily might be hoping for too much. I wonder if they'll have a Zexal world announcement for this fall. I hope that they do just so that we can get an Arc V world next year, but I also feel like they can do more with 5D's world and especially Synchro monsters before throwing Xyz monsters in the mix. It sounds like we might get season four Judai later this month, which would be interesting and yet kind of sad at the same time. There are still plenty of GX characters to feature in Duel Links, but we'd potentially have two versions of Judai.
Ebail
Ebail
Jim and O'Brien would be interesting, but the only issues I see there is that the latter has his signature card in the game already, and the formers main cards are all anime exclusive. Now we do get unreleased anime cards in the game, but only a few. The Kiryu event was not fun at all. I don't mind them trying something different but this wasn't it. It seemed like rarer rewards didn't really drop unless I got in the most damage vs level 400. It wasn't really right that we always started first effectively only giving us 4 turns to attack, not to mention his instant Hundred Eyes Dragon ability. The only way I was able to cause real damage to him was by using a Blackwing deck since they swarm the field quick enough and provide easy enough Synchros including one that causes piercing damage. I know a lot of people didn't like this event so I feel they really need to change it if they bring it back.

Yeah really, even something like 15 eggs would be much better. Or if we could toss eggs like items. It is definitely tough dealing with so few. I won't even open a gift usually when I hatch an egg until I hit a Pokestop and try to get a different egg first. Yeah I saw you say you caught that in the shiny thread which is still pretty cool. I barely find shiny Pokemon myself too. I've only found 3 so far. I'd like to find a few more myself. I never find them during events or the Community Days.

Yeah I mean honestly in Yu-Gi-Oh! almost always the main villain will be beaten by the main character but usually the backup characters are proven duelists. Or at least credible enough. I mean like you said as far as Zexal goes I hands down believe Kaito is a better duelist than Yuya as the latter never even beat Kaito in the series. The only one besides Yusaku to really be any good is Revolver and since he was a villain anyway it hardly counts the same since the villains are almost always suppose to be tougher. Speaking of I have a serious problem with how they handled Specter. I get he is how he is due to his childhood. My issue is how he was build as being tough to duel against with Yusaku having trouble facing him, and him even giving Lightning a tough time, but then he's just instantly beaten offscreen by an Ai clone. Why build the guy up any to just have him lose like that?

I feel like they're trying too hard to make him synch up as a wrestler. Going through phases where a wrestler might be scripted to turn heel or bad. Doing whatever it takes to win (in his case fusing with an A.I.) having no remorse for their actions as long as they win (like with him capturing Earth) but then because the crowd likes them enough (in this case those orphans) they go back to being a face or good guy going back to their prior ways. I'm just speculating here but as a person who has watched wrestling, it's just how I feel they built him. Especially since his cards and himself were all based on wrestling anyway with all the cards being named after moves or wrestlers. Either way it's not a good way to handle him.

Yeah I'm sure people would be all over you back then for not being into Zexal and loving Arc-V. I mean I knew people who didn't like Arc-V and wouldn't give it a chance just because they found Pendulum summoning "cheap and broken" It shouldn't be so difficult to just let people like whatever Yu-Gi-Oh! spin offs they like and leave them be. I won't ask you your opinion on the whole Pokedex matter, that's yours to keep and not bring up in a public place.
Ebail
Ebail
I'm not sure about the Zexal duel world. I mean I feel like they've barely done anything about 5Ds so far. While they did minimal for GX it hadn't introduced a new summon type like 5Ds did so. I did see people do some data mining that showed apparently the Grand Championship arc of DM as well as Dark Side of Dimensions have their own worlds listed for the game, after the 5Ds world but before the Zexal world. So not sure if we'll for some reason end up getting another DM world first. Yeah season 4 Judai is sort of a waste to me. If you want a second version of him in the game we should have just gotten the Supreme King. The only characters who should have two versions are the ones who have the Yami spirit in the Millennium Items really. I mean if this is suppose to be a world where everyone has their own life digitally there should only be one version of themself their. If we get Season 4 Judai because he fuses with Yubel then I don't see how the original Judai would still be in the world.

Oh yeah also I'm not quite sure how close are to those earthquakes/aftershocks since I'm not entirely sure of your area and the area out there, what with living on the other side of the U.S. and all, but anyway just take care of yourself and stay safe if you're remotely close.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
Yeah, the issues with Jim and O'Brien's cards would make it difficult to put them in the game. Plus, I don't think that they're particularly popular. The Kiryu event has been really frustrating for me as well. It took me forever to find a deck that was even slightly consistent. I try to get Red Dragon Archefiend as quickly as possible so he can't stall behind a bunch of monsters in defense mode. Even then, I'll still have bad hands or he'll have a combo that just instantly defeats me. It also figures that all of the really good Inferity cards aren't available yet, so even playing as Kiryu is pretty frustrating. They definitely need to change this event if they try it out again.

I could see why they wouldn't want players to toss eggs, but having at least a few more available would be nice. I'm at a point where I hardly get anything really noteworthy in the eggs anymore, so now I'm just hoping to be lucky enough to hatch another Shiny Pokemon, which has surprisingly happened three times already. I've had better luck on Community Days recently, but there were plenty where I didn't find shiny Pokemon either. I still wish I could get a Shiny Bulbasaur, Dratini and Mareep in the game.

I'd probably count Takeru since he seemed to be at least capable enough to defeat a more established villain like Windy, but even then he can be treated like defeat fodder too. Honestly, I'm not really sure what was the point of making Yusaku duel Spectre in the first place. They are both Lost Incident victims, but I'm not sure if that really went anywhere. All it did was basically allow the writers to not have to create another new character for Earth's origin by using Spectre. I kind of laughed when he lost off screen since I completely forgot that Spectre was even there. I've heard other fans being upset about it and I can understand it, but I never cared for Spectre. He always came off as another hammy over the top secondary Yu-Gi-Oh! villain without anything really noteworthy about him. It didn't help that he had virtually no presence until he dueled Aoi either. He wasn't interesting, intimidating or entertaining to watch. He was just boring, so his treatment doesn't really bother me, even though I agree it is still pretty bad.

That would kind of fit with how his Entertainment Dueling was basically wrestling. They pretty much dropped that aspect about his character pretty fast and I'm glad for that. They obviously didn't care about Entertainment Dueling and Onizuka certainly doesn't deserve to be in the same dueling category as Yuya. If they were going for something like the wrestler storyline, then I think that they really messed up. Onizuka was never really popular, but I think that this pointless subplot and his terrible character development only made him more disliked among fans. I don't even follow much of the Vrains discussion and even I'm pretty sure most people didn't really care for Onizuka's face turn.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
I can understand why people would be upset about Pendulum summoning in the competitive scene, but that wouldn't really have an impact on the series itself. Some fans get a bit too defensive towards their favorite shows and others just want to justify their hate towards a series by jumping on anyone who likes it. The Yu-Gi-Oh! community just seems really toxic in a lot of ways. I don't mind sharing my opinion on the Pokedex issue. I've already mentioned it on the site anyway, but I'm not upset over the decision. I don't think they've handled the situation particularly well, but I can understand some of their reasoning for it. At this point, I think that the backlash is worse than the Pokedex issue itself.

I'd be extremely upset if we get a second DM world. Why even make a Dark Side of Dimensions world when they didn't add a lot of new characters and the characters from the movie could just show up in the regular DM world? If this data is about two different events, that could be neat, but they'd be stretching really hard for DM content if they made Dark Side of Dimensions its own world. Plus, that would mean more time before an Arc V world, which would be both heartbreaking and upsetting for me. It does feel like they need to do more with the 5D's world and Synchros, but I do like how they've included new series every year, so I hope that they'll keep doing that this fall. I can understand why they'd want a season four Judai in the game. He is different from how he was for most of the series and I think that they wanted to focus on the nostalgia of early GX when they brought it into the game. It's just kind of annoying to do it when there are still plenty of other GX characters they can bring in before bringing in another version of Judai. It's also kind of weird to have two versions of the same character in the game.

That's sweet of you to say. Thank you. I do live in California, but fortunately, I don't live anywhere near where the earthquakes have been happening. It is a bit nerve racking, but I still hope that we won't have to deal with a major earthquake here. I do appreciate your concern though.
Back
Top Bottom