Bulbagarden

FinnishPokéFan92
FinnishPokéFan92
I said in that post that I'm not really good at placing my favorites beyond Top 3.

I witnessed the Pokemania, but I mainly grew up watching the Hoenn saga. I mainly placed the final ones, the ones after my clear favorites, based on how well I felt they had been developed, and Misty didn't honestly get much development during her travels with Ash, and could get really annoying sometimes, especially during season 1.
C
Cybersai
That's interesting, so how did you feel about May?
FinnishPokéFan92
FinnishPokéFan92
She's definitely an improvement on Misty, but I think Dawn was written better.

If you're interested, I recommend you checking the YouTube channel of a guy name The RThor. He's done some dang great analysis videos on Pokémon, especially on the PokéGirls.
C
Cybersai
Yes i've seen them all and other rankings all over, I'm surprised you ranked Iris higher too. So you're a big fan of the SM girls in general?
FinnishPokéFan92
FinnishPokéFan92
Lana at least. Mallow is cute too, but looking back on the list now, I think it could use some rearranging. Iris is okay, but the preceding girls (maybe excluding Misty) were better than her.
C
Cybersai
I just think the writers need to figure out a good long goal for the girls to do again. Ever since the Contests were dropped from the anime the writers either had the girls be supporting characters again, or had showcases for Serena which is basically almost the same thing just without battles. It really puts into perspective how much more focus the female companion gets like Dawn and then May when they have a goal that gets almost equal screentime to the Gyms over the course of a saga. I feel like the writers have never been able to come up with a good replacement goal for the girls to do ever since.
Back
Top Bottom