• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Tactician Karina
Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Hey you, yeah you. Cause it's all that's been being talked about now on the Weather Channel (well and a snowstorm too hitting elsewhere) I know of this. I dunno how close you might be to any of this current wildfire going on since obviously the state is huge, but you be safe, and careful out there just in case anyway.
    • Love
    Reactions: Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    It's crazy right now in California though it's mostly in NorCal and northern LA that really got hit with fires, and some smaller ones in central California, if it's not that then it's a Red Flag High Winds warning plus planned power outages in most places. So far here in San Diego there have only been Red Flag warnings of high winds, though for now it's mostly been in eastern cities in San Diego county, though my phone recently got a warning update too so I don't know how bad winds will be in my area. All I know is there will be possible power outages, hasn't happened to me yet though so I guess we'll see. Hopefully this passes soon, I feel for those people in places that really got hit with this, thank you for your concern though. :)
    • Love
    Reactions: Ebail
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Well good to know the more specific area you're at so then there would be no need for any kind of concern until I'd see any kind of issues more close to where you are. Either way the sentiment is the same, and you're welcome.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    I live around the Little Italy area, so far nothing though and haven't even had a power outage. I'm not too worried now though since we haven't even gotten any strong winds so far, and from what I've been told from my brother and father our area isn't much of a high concern (and I believe it tbh).
    Seeing as how I've seen you around a little more frequently again lately I hope that's a good sign that things have gotten better for you, and that you're doing better in general.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Well that can be a problem with siblings for sure. Almost makes you wonder why you even bother to talk to them half the time, but how can you not do so?

Well that's good that the situation is seemingly resolved for now, or at least at a better point. But good call, it won't hurt you to still take things cautiously. Right, I mean like I said we've all been rejected before (me included) so even if you have been before too it doesn't mean you should feel better cause you had to reject. You gotta do what's good for you. I can definitely see why your mind ran with it as I wouldn't laugh either or find it funny if that joke was said to me in a similar situation. And you're very welcome. You should know you're free to come vent any time you need to get something off your chest and I'll do my best to offer some encouraging words or advice.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    So true! Especially since usually it doesn't matter the age, but since they're family you learn to get used to it eventually I guess lol.

Yeah I'm hoping it stays that way, nothing happened today either so I'm being optimistic for now, though I'm hoping I don't jinx myself by saying that lol. He's still avoiding me so I think he might still be hurt, I just hope his attitude problem gets resolved so that if he likes someone else then he won't act that way to them (hopefully). My mom said the same thing about the joke not being funny either, like I don't mind dark humor depending on how it's delivered, but if it's at somebody's expense during an uncomfortable situation then yeah no, I don't find that cool or funny at all. You know I feel better getting all this off my chest though, this was definitely a great talk for me, so I thank you Ebail.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Right. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck when they don't pay attention when you're trying to say something important, but that's what a good smack to the back of the head on occasion is for.

It's for the best that he's just avoiding you now. Sucks to lose what seemed like coulda been a pretty good friendship for you, but the attitude issue is something that you certainly couldn't really overlook so. And even if you did find a joke funny at someone else's expense you certainly never would at your own. Well not a dark humor joke anyway. Of course. You're very welcome. Glad to help ya feel better.
    Well, since you requested this from me, I'll just chime in here to tell that I have completed Shadows of Valentia... if you still care. I did enjoy the game, overall, and the dungeon-crawling was well done, IMO, if maybe a bit repetitive in layout design. I can understand why the battle maps are so simple, being a remake of a two-and-half-decade-old game, and that didn't really bother me much, either. Oh, and I only lost two characters in the final map, but did just revive them, anyway, although I did still miss their respective endings in the epilogue as a result. :oops: I finished with the longest total hours played in a Fire Emblem title, so that might indicate how much I enjoyed the game on the whole.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    That's fine, I'm gonna see if I can get any maybe this holiday after my birthday so any recommendations by then is fine by me. From the limited shots of it I've seen it doesn't look it, though I'm not going to hurt about it if no gothic architecture/clothing appears, just thought it'd be a nice little nod to the title. As long as it's fun and difficult I'll still enjoy it, hopefully. From what you've said about Risen then my interest has peaked in it a bit, if it starts off difficult then I'll definitely give it a try.
    Trainer Gabriel
    Trainer Gabriel
    Just after your birthday, huh? Well, I guess you'll likely have more money to spend on that day, so I'll definitely give you a list to consider by then. In the meantime, I do hope you can finish KOTOR and whatever Switch games you're playing, too. Say, if you're too busy to chat much, then we can stop here and then start again when I wish you a happy birthday (lol). I can give you your recommendations list then, too.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Yeah I usually have money saved up (that isn't for groceries and other necessities) to spend by then, or as a gift, so sometime after my birthday and before Christmas I'll get a game or two. Speaking of KOTOR I'm gonna get back to it on Wednesday sometime after work, most likely in the evening, I'll be starting on Edelgard's route proper that day too but since it's shorter compared to the other routes in Three Houses I'll be able to get more stuff done in KOTOR then. We can totally pick up our chat on or after my birthday, that's fine with me, I'll be a bit busier until my birthday anyway so it would be easier until then at least. :)
    So I'm curious now that you've had a chance to finish a play through of Three Houses what don't you like about it? I haven't finished yet myself but given that I'm at point where they said to me graduation is coming up I figure I'm getting close.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Fire Emblem usually uses names that aren't as commonly used (especially in older games), and then the fact that some characters have name changes depending on the region. So I know that feel of autocorrect lol.

I sometimes go unconventional when it comes to pairing off characters in FE (especially in 4, with the exception of it's automatic couplings), but not pairing off Female Byleth and Dimitri together felt like a sin, imo (though that won't stop me from pairing her with Felix next time, maybe lol). I thought so about Edelgard's siblings, and my bad about the Lysithea spoilers then, I wasn't sure if you've raised any of her supports yet or not. Petra has grown on me more after starting the Black Eagles route, I think she's my favorite girl in this house; and her timeskip design is pretty neat too. This run I might S Hubert (even though his support is kinda hostile to start off!), but I might do the same and make another save when I raise Ferdinand's supports too and see how both compare.

Like I had a feeling he wasn't actually her brother and reading about it confirmed it for me, though that isn't to say older siblings can't have a large age gap compared to their younger siblings, but with FE I had a feeling they'd pull a twist with it. Linhardt has always been a dedicated healer for my playthroughs, so him backing Hubert's dark magic made sense for me; Dorothea might be a good healer for me too, but I might have her stick with swords, not too sure yet. Got it, I know for this route I'll be doing paralogues more so I don't miss out on backstories. And for me the BL final map and boss was tough (spoilers here), though when I logged on I guess Monstrous Edelgard was a cake walk for others in the video game thread. Though it didn't help that I didn't take the recommended route either (note, go left on the map, I literally went straight though and it didn't help), and there were reinforcements, so that kinda slowed things down a bit. She also has 4 HP pools to go through, and I mainly used Byleth and Dimitri to beat her. So most likely YMMV for this fight, but I would definitely recommend to grind anyway, hard/classic didn't give me much to grind so that does play a part too.

The relic for Byleth's sword is so great that I think, no matter what class you put him in, that sword will still be used a bit especially for boss fights. And he still gets the sword stat raised regardless that sometimes, it's best to just have him in most sword classes.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    It just kinda makes me laugh seeing all those names in there and then there I am strolling through the game running my name, Eric. Really feels out of place there.

Yeah that's how I feel about Edelgard now. Once I beat all 4 routes I probably will just do one final 5th run going with BE and marrying Edelgard to end my game and whatnot. No worries about the spoilers. If I didn't want to be spoiled on anything I'd have no bothered to come and message you about the game. Yeah Huberts B support alone is very hostile too. Like I said though it's tough because BE really seems like on either side they have a lot of units worth making S as opposed to other houses that may have one person. Wish it was as easy as past games where I was like "okay I like Tharja so her." Where I only really saw one unit I felt like making S and usually one you had to recruit in like her or Nyx.

Yeah that's for sure, my oldest brother is 15 years older than me. See for my Dorothea didn't even go down the heal route, she ended up being a main magic attacker for me, no healing at all. The battle with Edelgard is going to be tough for me because of our run together in the BE route and opting to save her life. It's gonna strike my heart.

Yeah his sword work is pretty damn good. I always need to at least split him leveling up sword and something else. I gotta say though I'm not sure when I'll even finish the first route. I'm so eh lately and this game isn't really helping for a few reasons. It is great but I might need to put it on the shelf for a while.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Well there is a boss character in FE6 & 7 with your name, but replace the c with a k. But in Three Houses I can see how it'd be a little out of place lol.

I kind of want to do both a male and female Byleth pairing with Edelgard, but I'm not sure if I'd ever get around to it, so I might just watch a support of it instead online; but male Byleth does give off a feeling of being a "canon" option with Edelgard (him or Hubert depending on who you ask I guess lol). I just ran into a transcript someone did of Hubert's supports with Byleth, and I just can't get over how hostile he is to them, I mean I get why but it's interesting regardless. I have to agree so far with BE having, pretty much, everyone being S support material, BL is similar with that too imo and for GD, while I like most of them, don't have much stand outs for S supports; exceptions being Claude, Hilda, and Marianne. I had similar feelings for Awakening and Fates too, for each three files there at least was one I want to S support and that's that; and when trying to complete the support log in Awakening was a drag since only three guys to me where best suited for S (Inigo, Gerome, and Lon'qu).

Oh wow 15 years older huh, that's similar with one of my acquaintances where her older sister is 16 years older; my older brother is only 2 years apart from me though. Dorothea is definitely better as a unit for attacking after getting a little bit farther in, I was gonna have her go healer but it seems RNG had other plans for me in that department. Even in GD route when you fight her it's pretty sad, since Byleth literally strikes her down mid-speech about her wishing Byleth was with her this whole time, so that one might get to you as well whenever you start GD.

RNG has not let me down with Byleth's sword stat, they're certainly up there for best sword units in the series I'd say with Felix as a tie in. Understandable, I wasn't able to get too far on the first BE route lately since other things irl has been going on (work and family stuff mostly), which is also why I haven't been on too much or at all these couple of days, I might try and get more progress in later tonight though. Hope everything is alright on your end though, and hopefully whatever's making you feel the way you are right now passes soon (those days can be rough/tiring, so I feel ya there).
    Loving the Famitsu cover for FETH. Probably the best one yet tbh:
    qn0tsyiwt9c31.jpg
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    I've just completed chapter 6 so far, though I haven't promoted too many of my students just yet. So far just Hilda, Leonie, Lorenz, Linhardt (whom I was able to finally recruit), and Byleth. Haven't done that yet with Claude though, might do that around chapter 7 or 8 I think. I was too busy raising Magic and Reason skills at the time. Maybe raise certain skills for whichever characters you want to recruit? If you haven't done so yet that is. I've just been taking my time though, trying to raise my professor level (almost a C rank) and doing quests, so I'm afraid I don't have much tips to give you. Sorry :(

But yeah the game is great so far. I do get a Persona vibe at times from it (mainly from 5 though), especially the art design. Glad you're loving the game too though!
    Reactions: Weiss
    Weiss
    Weiss
    I’ve just got the “thing” from the tomb. I’ve been leveling Magic and Bow to get Mercedes.

Yeah it’s mainly 5 vibes I get scared of making mistakes so the online feature that shows the popular choices for days off is cool.

I knew you liked Linhardt before release but I admit I’ve come to like him differently Bae tier. Leonie and Bernadetta have grown in me to.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    I really should talk more with Bernadetta now that you mentioned her. Her personality and trope is cute tbh, and Leonie has definitely grown more on me now after reading some her supports. So far she's been my MVP on most missions, probably gonna be one of my best units by endgame.
    Nintendo just took payment for my 3HousesCE T_T it’s almost time
    Weiss
    Weiss
    It’s the same release day ai think here it just takes longer to get to me as I live in a very remote village but Nintendo are good getting it here on release day 9/10

I know what you mean I even dusted the wii to play FE yesterday. Hopefully I have the hospital early this week a few days sleep to recover will make it fly in!

Be thinking of you when I put the cart into the Switch high five

Grace
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Hope it'll arrive the day of release then! I'll have to pick mine up from GameStop, but it's worth the drive.

I actually started a new file on both Sacred Stones and Awakening a couple days ago, I might also replay PoR and/or RD too just to make the week go by faster lol.

I hope everything is alright and you'll get to leave the hospital soon, wishing and praying for a speedy recovery for you. I'll also be thinking of you when starting Three Houses on Friday! :)
    Weiss
    Weiss
    I saw that! It’s what made me put batteries in the Wiimote...

Just to discuss my MRI and meds I’ll be out the same day but thanks for your concern.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Yup I know, I posted the same video on the YouTube thread . :)
    Weiss
    Weiss
    I remember this after I posted sorry >_<

Hyyype
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    That's alright, at first I thought it was a similar video by a different person until I recognized the thumbnail and YouTuber lol.

So excited for Three Houses though! Soon in two weeks!
    I am Black Eagles (It is close to my family coat of arms IRL) but I am lucky Mercedes confirmed recruitable. Do you want to play Golden Deer first time round? I admit Claude is suave AF.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    We get a calendar, artbook, sound selection CD, steelbook, and a pin set (GameStop exclusive only).
    Weiss
    Weiss
    I was about to rage quit life as I thought we only got the coin and pin set but I doubled checked...

UK/EU:

The Limited Edition includes
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses game and SteelBook
    USB Stick containing the soundtrack
    Artbook and a pin badge set of the three houses

Worth the extra £20 for a change really hope you enjoy it you’ve been getting me so hyped =)

Do you feel a bit “spoiled” by them revealing the timeskip? I’d rather not have known that personally.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    I was surprised that the North America SE gets a steelbook tbh since usually it's European SE's that get them, and for the pin set here in the US the SE has to be pre-ordered from GameStop in order to get it, I was lucky to order from them since the House pin set looks so cool. But it's worth paying $100 for it tbh.

I don't mind honestly, on one hand yeah it would be nice to find that out on our own but on the other hand I get why they showed us the timeskip at E3, most likely to reassure people that "Hey, this game isn't just set in the school so don't worry." Though I had a feeling the game wouldn't be in the school the whole time anyway, but it's nice they are taking cues from GotHW, so that makes me even more excited.
    More earthquakes and aftershocks in SoCal been happening, two happened not too long ago one after the other. Please be safe everyone in the area, people are saying more might happen in the coming days. A 7.1 hit Ridgecrest again few minutes earlier, really felt one here too, had to hold Sweet Pea's cage so it wouldn't fall so I put her cage on the floor close to me, and my cat Shadow is anxious. Again everyone in the area, be safe throughout night and the coming days.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    You stay safe and careful up by yourself too.
    TRNatalie
    TRNatalie
    You stay safe too. We’re all thinking of you.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Thank you both, I'm just really worried for the people up in Ridgecrest and areas closer that really got the brunt of it. Hours earlier today they got a 5.5 aftershock, and people have been saying the shakes were even felt as far as Sacramento and Las Vegas, NV. Definitely got things ready over here just in case, called my parents to make sure they are prepared too and my brother as well. Hope this passes soon.
    Timeskip Claude and Dimitri are looking good! Hoping that fourth path leak ends up true and isn't like Fates' Revelations path. Byleth's sword is also apparently a whip, so cool. And apparently no customization of Byleth beyond gender and name? FETH is looking better and better so far, now I'm just waiting on watching the gameplay tomorrow.
    Still kinda salty that Dorothea, Linhardt, Ferdinand, Ashe, Sylvain, and Felix aren't in Golden Deer in FETH. At least I still have my boys Claude, Ignace, and Lorenz (smh people are needlessly dunking on this poor boy) to look forward to.

Speaking of needlessly dunking on FE characters, let's appreciate Kris (yes I love them, yes I liked New Mystery of the Emblem, nobody can change my mind). Also put them in Heroes damn it! (at least male Kris has Cipher cards..)
    (Art by 南北(なんぼく)on pixiv)
    711ffab5f5bd2c5a6461345bb2cf6802-shadow-dragon-chris-delia.jpg
    Hi, how are you Karina? I just checked your profile, and we have one coincidence: we are both of Relaxed nature LOL

I saw you like SO many series that I just got curious: is Pokémon your favourite?
    Well, as you may have noticed, I did finally get back to another playthrough of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, as promised, and beat it a few days ago now, doing Ephraim's route this time. :) I gotta say that the Phantom Ship could get rather frustrating, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It was similar to that ship stage from Awakening, as far as I could see, just with fog.

Overall, I don't know if I have a preference for which route I prefer. And... honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about SS compared to Awakening after all. :/
    Trainer Gabriel
    Trainer Gabriel
    Well, when you put it that way, I guess I can see why supports are done on the battlefield (though I can't say I get how that works in-universe). Still, I can't say I like the idea of having the characters meet in the middle of battle so they can converse, instead of doing that at camp, and I never got exactly what supports do in SS and how they benefit the units. Yes, Lyon actually had more layers to his character than the cookie-cutter villains of Awakening. Strange that there are some who don't seem to like his backstory that much. I've heard about there being recruitable characters with the completion of special towers, or whatnot, but I do still would've preferred to be able to recruit Selena during the base campaign by persuading her that she's fighting for the wrong side. I saw her as a victim of her loyalty to her Emperor, who turned out to not be the real Emperor (rather just a shell, as it were), instead of a true enemy, and felt that this was a wasted opportunity for a redemption arc for her character. :/ I guess I've forgotten about Orson being a temporary team member, though; I rather wish I could've redeemed him for similar reasons as Selena, too.

So that's what I had to do, huh? Since Eirika couldn't recruit Joshua, I guessed I could only do it with a specific character, and I figured it had to have a been a girl who could convince him to join, just not necessarily Natasha. To be honest, I thought I might've had to first recruit Tethys the dancer from the house she's in and have her dance for Joshua, prompting him to join Eirika's band. :ROFLMAO: I'll definitely recruit him next time for sure.

Indeed, many of the RPGs from Bioware have choices with consequences (however minor) and more than one ending. And in KOTOR's case, it's about choosing to follow the way of the Jedi or the way of the Sith. You'll have a meter next to your character in the character menu - an alignment or karma system, if you will - that will start in the middle (gray zone) and will steadily shift toward the blue (Light) zone or toward the red (Dark) zone, depending on your actions. If you are compassionate and helpful toward people you meet throughout the game, you'll be more in-tune with the Light side of the Force; if you are aggressive towards NPCs or lie/cheat for personal gain, you will succumb to the lure of the Dark side of the Force. The choice is yours and yours alone. ;) (Or, in this case, do whichever you'd like to do first. Lol)
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Someone else on SF forums mentioned it better than I did about how it works in universe, but yeah it's essentially when a group of misfits fight with each other for a while in a army wanting to beat down the bad guy that wronged them in some way, friendships are gonna form into (sometimes) a strong bond. As for why they are there, some have a good payoff of seeing a great convo between two characters and the added bonus of a possible marriage, it's pretty much a bonus for putting in the work. Yeah recruiting Selena the usual way from a regular fight would've been easier, when I first found out how to recruit her a while back ago I was kind of irritated that they made it into an obscure way of obtaining her, but I guess that's the price to pay for a secret recruitable character plus her not having any influence in the game after getting her. :/

Natasha and Joshua are each others fastest support growth, though their actual conversation is kinda weak. But it's funny for Joshua's recruitment, in English he doesn't attack Natasha, but in the original Japanese version he can attack her. But yeah Joshua doesn't like to fight women but still attack if he needs to, so you'd think you'd be able to recruit him with any female character regardless if he attacks.

Ah good, as long as I know if I'm going to the Dark Side first I'll love that meter (even though I know some don't like that kind of "help"). I'm very interested to see what the Dark Side ending is so it pretty much prompted to me to try that one first. Definitely gonna start my playthrough tonight.
    Trainer Gabriel
    Trainer Gabriel
    Okay, I guess that makes sense now - by anime standards, anyway. I see, so supports just allow for chats between two characters and... possible marriage? I did not know that SS even had that function (yet another mechanic in SS that Awakening would later feature -_-). Yeah, and it's not so much the fact that I couldn't recruit Selena alone that I'm disappointed, but for development-related reasons for her character that made me wish I could recruit her. I could understand Selena's reasons for doing what she did, after hearing her story, and believed that she deserved a second chance for redemption and to see the truth of the matter for herself... before I had to kill her. :/

Glad I could be of help there! It will also help that the game will tell you that you have earned points toward either the Light Side or the Dark Side when you select a dialogue choice that shifts your alignment toward either side. And yeah, I guess doing the Dark Side path first sounds like a good plan to me, if you're planning to play both paths back-to-back.

In case you log in here again to see this profile post before you start the game, I do have one tip for you to consider: when you create your character, there are three starting classes to choose from - Soldier, Scout, Scoundrel. The Soldier, being the most combat-heavy class of the three, would likely be the best starting choice, for being the toughest and most straight-forward. If you do choose that class, you'll want to start by pumping the most attribute points into your Strength and Constitution, followed by Dexterity, to make the most of the class. On the other hand, if you do plan to work towards a Dark Side character, I'd be inclined to say, due to a slight spoiler-related second class you will later choose to become, a Scout or Scoundrel would technically be a better combination for the second class that I would recommend for a DS character, for reasons we can discuss when you get to that point. I hope I'm making sense here to you; I'm just trying not to give too much away (or maybe you already have an idea of what that second class is about). If you already start before reading this, then let me know what class you chose. Maybe you'll want pointers about the skill-related mechanics before you decide to create your character, anyway.

Well, I hope you have fun with the game, and that it runs adequately enough on your monitor to enjoy. :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom