Hidden Mew
Local time
11:02 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Right, I forgot to ask now that it's officially out in the US. Did you get Legacy of the Duelist?
    Reactions: Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Not yet. I wanted to make sure that they didn't butcher the physical release. I might have been too paranoid, but this is Konami and they have pulled that stunt before. Fortunately, based on the trailer they revealed yesterday, that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll either order it online later today or go down to my local GameStop to buy it tomorrow. I am so excited to play as Arc V characters and I was really happy to see that even Odd Eyes Arc Pendulum Dragon is in the game.
    Reactions: Ebail
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Well that's a pretty valid reason to not get it. I can understand that. When you do get it one way or another I hope you'll have a lot of fun, and enjoy playing it. And yeah no need to specify that, I know you well enough to know you're mainly just looking for the Arc-V story in the game haha. Yep you can make a full Odd-Eyes deck in this game thanks to that being included.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I just wanted to emphasize my excitement for the Arc V storyline and characters. I just hope that the new rule format with Link monsters doesn't make it too hard for an Odd Eyes deck to work in the game.
    a new avatar? What's the world coming to xD
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    It is one of the rare times I change avatars outside of Christmas time. Thank you. ^_^
    Reactions: dig
    I like the new avatar. Feel like it suits you pretty well.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Thank you. I'm happily surprised to see that so many other people like it as well.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    You're very welcome. And I could see why. It is good to see others enjoying it rather than giving you any grief over your avatar.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That is certainly a nice and appreciated difference from that experience.
    Welp, a new Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series has just started production and will be premiering sometime next year.

View: https://www.twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1152820954948464641

So long, Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS and good riddance. I honestly jumped ship after the first arc had ended.
    Hopefully the next series will actually be better than its predecessor. :ROFLMAO:
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Sorry that I didn't check your previous messages. I heard the news about Vrains ending this month. I knew that its timeslot was given to another series for October, but I am kind of shocked that they're actually ending the series this soon. There were signs pointing to that and I wanted Vrains to end sooner rather than later, but I didn't think that was going to happen. I kind of hope that having a longer break between this and the next series can help with any production issues and especially so that the staff isn't overworked even further. I'd also love it if Konami took the time to fix the card game rules so that players aren't forced to use Link monsters or whatever new summoning method they'll introduce next.

The only downside of Vrains ending this month for me is really the amount of people complaining about Arc V some more. Because people still harass and belittle fans two years after it ended, which is why I try to avoid the fanbase like the plague it is. That part of the fallout is definitely going to be annoying and frustrating for me, but the bitter part of me is quite happy knowing that Vrains couldn't even last three full years.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    It's cool. But yeah, the suffering has ended (hopefully). Vrains will be concluding on September 25, 2019.
    Same here. I hope we get some news on the next series soon but we'll still probably have to wait until Jump Festa.

But I agree on the TCG/OCG. Imo, Links were unnecessary. Reformatting the field to force players to put their Pendulum cards
    in the Spell/Trap Card Zone I get, but Master Rule 4 completely screws over the Pendulum Monsters' mechanic and some other archetypes
    in the game now making some of them virtually useless as some archetypes don't even have Link support yet. I honestly feel bad for the players
    that invested all of their real life cash into constructing Decks with those archetypes and only to have the Master Rule 4 format come in and mess everything up for them.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I am still pretty surprised about it, but it does explain a lot. They wouldn't have already announced a new series back in July if Vrains wasn't close to wrapping up. There also aren't any other villains and most of the cast is out of commission. If there were more villains and if Vrains actually cared about anyone besides Yusaku, they could have stretched it at least a bit longer, but as it was, I was having a really hard time imagining how the series could last for the rest of the year, let alone until next spring. It's a shame that we don't even have the new lead's design at least, but they probably are going to hold off on that until Jump Festa. I just hope that we get a different head writer. Anyone would be a step up from Yoshida practically.

That is a big reason as to why I don't think that Link monsters are that popular. Most new mechanics have backlash from varying degrees at first, but the reception gets more positive over time. I didn't really get the impression that happened with Link monsters. Most fans I've talked to didn't like that players are basically forced to use Link monsters and the changes to the rules effectively ruined a lot of archetypes. It's such backwards logic to change the game to force a new mechanic in rather than making a new mechanic fit with the established rules. I still wonder if the negative reception towards Link monsters factored into Vrains' shorter run. That might have been the case if the more recent cards haven't been selling as well as Konami would want them to. I'm not sure what kind of new mechanic they'll introduce for the next series, but hopefully it will be better than Link monsters and they can alter the rules to fix what Link monsters damaged.
    This season on DuckTales...

Season 3 guest stars:
    Chip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers

KwzRTGk.jpg

m2zp6j7.jpg

Daisy
    IUvOFZ9.jpg

Goofy
    vlA2t2E.jpg
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That was a pretty cool trailer. It's nice to see them incorporate other Disney characters like Goofy and Daisy. I was wondering if at least Daisy would show up. DuckTales is a pretty good fun show. Delia's return was fantastic too, so hopefully the rest of season two and season three will be fun to watch as well.
    And happy bulbaversary to ya! While I may not have met you until two years ago I'm still glad you joined here and have been around so I got the chance to meet a pretty awesome person.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That's so sweet of you to say. Thank you. You're a really great person too. I always forget my Bulbaversary and it is amazing to think how long I've been a part of this site, but I'm glad that I did since I became friends with you and quite a few other users too.
    • Love
    I'm gonna go respond to the rest of the chat in a little bit but first, yeah that Extra Monster Zone is a real inconvenience. This took so much time and extra effort to pull off.

tumblr_psjm1kiWUq1ww3p3a_540.jpg

tumblr_psjm1nHHXm1ww3p3a_1280.jpg
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Yeah, I imagine that can make some of the decks that rely heavily on the Extra Deck summoning hard to pull off. I'm still pretty excited about playing as Zarc though. I love your Yuya avatar by the way.
    So I've finally started the Arc-V story and they just didn't even try with some of these decks. It's like for the story based deck Yuya pre Junior League Championship his deck has at least 2 copies of Graceful Charity which he never once used, especially since its been banned since GX days.

Not to mention they didn't bother updating DM character decks. Their all still the same original Legacy of the Duelist decks despite cards coming out after that game was made that characters used. Like Dark Sanctuary could have been added to Yami Bakura's Battle City deck.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I do feel bad for the fans of the series, especially when a rushed sudden ending to a series is pretty rough, but I'm still pretty happy that the series will be over sooner rather than later. The only real downsides for me are the amount of people who will use Vrains' rushed ending to complain further upon Arc V, like the nonsense that Arc V's supposed production problems affected Vrains, and that people will still say that Vrains has a better finale than Arc V. People still complain about that ending, but I seriously doubt that the Vrains finale will actually be more interesting or meaningful than the Arc V finale.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Definitely. The only time she was a real handful was when she'd have Future Visions in her starting hand. Even then I'd just try to counter her using Jack with Vice Dragon and A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon or something. I'd been skipping on it due to Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle's 300 million players download event. All the different stuff going on there really distracted me from her event. Hopefully her second event adds some more dialogue outside of the duels instead of just rehashing the same stuff. I mean you never know because they've done it with other duelists. As far as the Yusei and Kiryu goes I'd just like to think it's an oversight. Similar to how when Yugi first arrived he had nothing special with anyone, including Yami (heck they couldn't even duel each other) due to him being considered the same character, an issue later fixed.

Geez that's crazy. Reminds me of last year when someone came to tell me Dragon Ball Super was ending in 3 weeks at the time out of the blue. Seems like there's no spaced on time of telling anymore. Vrains though, what a rushed series. Done in just a little over two years with so minimal done. But you're right this episode did immediately give off a vibe of a final duel with them saying about how Yusaku said he was going and Revolver giving his farewell to him plus Ai saying this was the duel to decide who gets to live. Agreed. If they wanted to roll with the idea of Ai was leading Yusaku into finding him one day to form an actual team so humans and AI could live together it would work and make sense, but Ai leading him just so he'd start his quest for revenge just feels too forced.

Yeah I mean we're going to get what now, an episode of closure? One where everyone revives and you see everyone move on with their lives. If anything everyone should have been revived first and then the Playmaker and Ai duel should have taken place for the fate of their future. Just like all the prior series have always done, have that one last post duel to close the series on a less somber note. Err aside from DM since that final duel meant the end of Atem. Even still though. Like you said all this has shown is that no one really matters besides Yusaku for the most part. Especially Aoi. I guess they had her just meet Yusaku just so they could say they went through with them meeting. What did we get from it though? A handshake that made Aoi smile and that's it. At least a tag duel or something could have been nice, but ehhh it's bad all around.

Same, I do feel bad for the fans too. Even if we don't like it that doesn't mean others don't enjoy the show...for some reason. It ending now just saves me the trouble of remembering to watch it on Wednesdays after work. Don't you worry about those people complaining though. People are always going to complain about something no matter what. We both know Vrains ending will no way be better or even close to the ending of Arc-V. All I could have used from the ending of Arc-V was seeing that duel between Yuya and his father.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Fusion Vision definitely made things more difficult, but I was farming her with a Red Eyes deck, so it was pretty easy to avoid it. I do wish that the scenes had Jack and Carly confess their love for each other, but they were mostly sticking with the dub dialogue from what I could tell. Yusei and Kiryu could have been an oversight or they didn't have time to record all of the new dialogue in time for the first event. Yugi and Yami Yugi not being able to duel each other for so long was such a weird decision.

Vrains being over in a little over two years is just insane. It's even stranger when you factor in that the premiere was delayed until May and it would have already been over if they had been able to start around April like they normally do. Ai leading Yusaku to find him so that they could become a team and prove that humans and Ai could coexist would have made so much more sense. That actually would have fit with what Yusaku has been trying to prove since season two and it still would have given him some agency in his own story. As it is, it just takes away his motivation and makes him look like even more of a generic Gary Stu protagonist.

Releasing everyone so that they could watch the duel would have been a good choice, but then we wouldn't have an artificial way of increasing the tension. Plus, the writers would have to care about giving the other characters screentime and dialogue when it was much easier to just put everyone in a coma. We'll be lucky if they devote even half of the finale to showcase how the other characters are doing, but it's going to feel really moot when so many of their storylines, if not all of them, felt so meaningless. The characters themselves may not have been pointless exactly, but their overall impact on the plot felt so minimal at best and I'm just wondering what was the point of most of them. Why bother having Onizuka revert back to his season one characterization when he barely interacts with Yusaku before his last duel? Why have Aoi learn who Yusaku is when she's just staying by her brother's side? Why have Aoi want to be stronger to protect people when she loses all of the time? Why devote so much time to hype up Spectre initially when he's just used as canon fodder for the rest of the series? It is just so painfully bad that it is almost impressive in a weird way.

I've seen some more positive reactions to Vrains and while I don't agree with it, people are obviously welcomed to enjoy it as long as they aren't being jerks about it. A series that you enjoy getting a rushed conclusion is pretty rough, but this is still pretty satisfying news for me. Despite how often I complain about Vrains, I still often forget that it exists on Wednesdays. Having more time to watch shows I actually like is going to be great. I know that it shouldn't bother me, but the amount of hate Arc V still gets for its ending bothers me so much. I'm already expecting people to still prefer the Vrains finale, despite how it's practically guaranteed that it's going to be a rushed job and quite possibly the most rushed finale we've seen thus far.
    Thoughts on the Season 2 finale of Tangled if you've seen it, yet? :eek:
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    King Edmund and Eugene's interactions were pretty funny. I remember thinking that Cassandra was going to be a red herring at the end of the previous episode, but it turned out that both she and Eugene betrayed Rapunzel for different reasons. Getting another forty-five episode season premiere would be great and definitely warranted with a cliffhanger ending like this one. They'd need to explain why Cassandra absorbed the Moon Stone and what the goal is for the new season. More songs would also be great. I want them to air season three as soon as possible, but I'm also going to miss this show when it wraps up. Hopefully season three will still be a solid end to the series.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    Yeah. Chris Sonnenburg (the executive producer) has confirmed on social media that Cassandra's motive for betraying Rapunzel will be revealed in season 3.
    As for its premise, most fans have begun theorizing that Zhan Tiri will be released and will be the season's final main antagonist, while a reformed or mostly reformed Varian and Rapunzel whether they like like it or not, will have to join forces with the combined powers of magic and alchemy to stop him as it took both science and magic with Demanitus' machine to stop Zhan Tiri's blizzard in Queen for a Day.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That's pretty cool. I figured that they would have to explore Cassandra's motivation in the next season after that cliffhanger ending, but confirmation is always good. That is a pretty interesting theory too. They have been building up Zhan Tiri a lot more than I thought they would. I thought it was just a one time villain, but it has been used a lot more frequently with this season. That would make sense as a reason to bring Varian back, but a part of me thinks that they would have hinted at him more during this season if he was going to play a big role in the third one. Granted, they couldn't just meet him on the road or have him be on the same boat with the other prisoners from Corona, but I kept expecting him to show up at some point during this season too. I wouldn't be against that theory since it sounds pretty neat though.
    So now I'm thinking I was wrong before and the field is fully updated. Originally I didn't notice an Extra Monster Zone because the field spell on display in screenshots didn't make it look like there was one. Now after looking at new screens I'm seeing that the pendulum zones are with the spell and trap zones which does mean its updated. I suppose we can only hope that for the story mode it's not mandatory.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That sounds really cool. I didn't think of buying the Japanese version to see how it plays. I just hope that they'll include both English and Japanese voices for the western release. I hope that you'll enjoy playing it.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Well haven't started yet as I need to go do a few things first but what made me opt to buy it is seeing that despite this being from the Japanese eshop the game is fully playable in English meaning that (at least to me) this is the Western version we'll get too if it's fully in English, including all the cards. Makes me wonder why our official release is pushed back then.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That sounds pretty cool. It's possible that they needed more time to record English dialogue, alter the dialogue to fit with the dub versions and/or edit any of the cards. They could possibly use the dialogue recorded for Duel Links for the first three series worth of characters, but they would need to record more dialogue for at least the Arc V, Zexal and Vrains characters available in the games.
    Indeed. Can't believe Season 2's coming to a close already. I won't link the source because one song its tracklist contains a spoiler, but I can confirm that a season 2 soundtrack for Tangled is getting ready to drop soon. :)
    As for Milo Murphy's Law, it's had a few duds here and there, but I've actually enjoyed its season 2 for the most part.

And on that note, another film, The Phineas and Ferb Movie has been announced for Disney+.
    NwVL23s.jpg

In this all-new animated feature length adventure, Phineas and Ferb travel across the galaxy to rescue Candace
    who has been abducted by aliens and taken to a utopia in far away planet free of pesky little brothers.

Ferb's new actor from The Phineas and Ferb Effect, David Errigo Jr, will continue to voice him.

Disney+ launches November 12, 2019 with a monthly fee of $7.00 bucks or an annual fee of $70.00 bucks.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    Same here. Not gonna lie, while it had some of its moments, I thought that island filler arc was kind of meh, tbh.
    Yeah, I enjoy Doofenshmirtz as much as the next person but I kinda wish they would show some of the other cast as well.
    Heck, Phineas and Ferb took Milo's offer to come visit his side of Danville every now and then, but that's never even happened yet. But oh well.
    While I'm not much of a shipper, I do like that Amanda/Milo finally seems to be becoming a thing though and that she's grown to tolerate Murphy's Law.

Indeed. I was iffy on Disney+ in the beginning, but it sounds great. I'm surprised that it's actually affordable, too. $7.00 per month isn't bad at all. :LOL:
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Yeah, for a season that was all about traveling outside of Corona, I think that they had the cast spend a bit too much time in certain locations for awhile. The island is a prime example of that and probably factors into the pacing issues the season has. They probably wanted to save a bit on backgrounds, which does make sense, but added a few bumps on the journey at the same time. It might flow better upon rewatching it though and it still a pretty great season as a whole.

There have been a few episodes where I think that the creative team just misses writing Doofenshmirtz and Perry episodes. They might be saving featuring more Phineas and Ferb characters for near the end of the season. Milo and Amanda seemingly becoming a couple is rather cute and it feels like a gradual buildup from Amanda's appearances throughout the series. For all the content Disney+ is going to have, seven dollars a month is certainly a good price. They probably wouldn't want to have the price too high when there are so many other streaming services to compete with nowadays.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    Heya, Mew. I was just wondering if you'd heard about Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist Link Evolution and/or if you were going to consider getting it?
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Yeah, it would be kind of weird to get that late into Arc V's storyline without Zarc. I just hope that we can get good artwork of all the characters and it won't just be reused when we get an Arc V world in Duel Links. I'd still be happy with an Arc V Duel Links update even if they do use the same artwork from this game, but I would hope for more new artwork and voice recordings would come with it. Some of the DM video games were also pretty weird. Some of them didn't even bother following the rules of the games and emphasizes the attribute of the cards, like how water cards could instantly destroy fire cards. It was confusing. I'm not surprised that the Tag Force Special had so little of Arc V. It was announced relatively early into Arc V's run, so they would have limited options available for the characters and their decks.

I remember just how badly Zexal Duel Carnival was butchered in the U.S. version. On one hand, I kind of don't blame them for cutting out some of the characters. They included a lot of the one shot characters from Zexal and I don't know how many people would be interested in playing as the girl who could talk to dogs or the random soccer player kid, especially when Zexal was never that popular in the west at least to begin with. But on the other hand, they really should have included at least all of the main and prominent supporting characters. It was strange that they didn't include all of Tron's family and especially the Barians. That basically doomed the video game to poor sales, which was a shame since I liked playing through some of the different characters' storylines. I just hope that being on the Switch will lead to pretty good graphics. I never thought we'd get a Yu-Gi-Oh! video game on a Nintendo system again, so I'm hoping that it will look good and especially that it will be fun to play through.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    So I see they announced today that it's set for Western release sometime this summer. Still kind of a vague release time but it does at least confirm its coming at some point in the next few months.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised to see it reused in Duel Links since all character models of series there now seem like they were the standard models used in the previous games. Even still come Duel Links for Arc V they're bound to have a lot of lines. To me it seems that with each new series added characters have a lot of card lines. I mean Jack and Yusei seem to have 3 times as many lines as Yugi or Kaiba. Yeah those original games were odd. It was a nice way to be able to beat some harder characters but at the same time I dont want my Blue-Eyes that I just summoned destroyed so easily by a 500 attack point Shadow type. Definitely it's just a shame. If they would have held off Tag Force Special another few months it could have had more in depth for early Arc V at least.

Duel Carnival was just over killed with the US release. I'd had the Japanese version because I had a Japanese 3DS for some Dragon Ball games that never got released outside of there so I'd gotten this game too and while it did seem a bit lazy the Japanese version wasn't that bad. Hearing about the English version though geez. I dont blame them for cutting out some characters but to cut 2/3rd of them is a bit extreme. I had my hopes we would get a game on the Switch eventually but I do have to say those hopes were slim given the success of Duel Links and them more focused with making money with that.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That's awesome news. I was worried we wouldn't hear about a western release for months. I'm not too surprised by a vague release date. They might be still figuring out when to release it, but summer sounds good. Hopefully it will be around June instead of August, but I'm still thrilled that they didn't take long to announce a western release at all. It's going to be pretty hilarious to me if this game comes out before the Vrains dub gets a U.S. premiere. I think Canada has already aired all of season one, but there hasn't been any official announcement for a U.S. premiere and even the premiere in Canada had absolutely no attention. That hopefully shouldn't affect the video game's release date since the dub has aired and the subbed version is legally available too, but it's just going to be funny to me if we get a video game featuring Vrains before an English dub even airs.

I've also seen the cover for the game. It looks pretty cool. I wish that all of the protagonists were standing together, if only so that there was a better picture of Yuya, but that would be a lot of characters to put in the center and of course they'd want Yami Yugi and Yusaku standing together. It is still a pretty awesome cover though.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens either with a eventual Arc V Duel Links world, but I'd just like to see some more new artwork too. At least recording some more lines would be nice and I still hope that they'll include the Japanese audio for this game. Just seeing and hearing the characters in new content would make me really happy in both games. I remember playing Reshef of Destruction and that type strength/weakness idea definitely made duels more difficult than they needed to be.

I don't remember hearing much about the Japanese version of Duel Carnival. I think fans liked the idea of playing through so many characters. Even if I liked Zexal more than I do, I don't know if I'd want to play as nearly every character in the series. Playing as one shot characters sounded boring. While the game was enjoyable, it was pretty repetitive to do the same thing with each character. They all had different stories and events played out differently, but since it was all about getting to the Duel Carnival tournament, it still felt a bit repetitive and dull after awhile. That might have been one other reason they cut out so many characters, but they really should have kept at least the more recognizable character. No one cared about playing as the one shot filler characters. After how poorly the Duel Carnival went, I didn't have much hope for a proper Yu-Gi-Oh! video game again. The focus on Duel Links didn't make it too likely either. The mobile game has been quite successful, so I wouldn't have blamed them for sticking with what works. But I'm glad that they're able to get a video game for the Switch. I playing through the storylines from various series sounds great and I want to play the Arc V story mode so badly. That is the biggest selling point for the game as far as I'm concerned. This is the closest I'll get to a proper Arc V video game and I'm going to take it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom