Bulbagarden

FinnishPokéFan92
Max1996
Max1996
Ah, thank you! That particular screencap was...intriguing, to say the least.
FinnishPokéFan92
FinnishPokéFan92
That was from the class's first visit to Aether Paradise. While they were eating treats in Lusamine's office, Lillie got fed up with Lusamine being too busy for them and declared that they were leaving the office for a tour around the facility. Sophocles wanted to eat more, but Lillie then casts that cold look at him, and Sophocles quickly yields.
Max1996
Max1996
Ah, ok. Thanks!
FinnishPokéFan92
FinnishPokéFan92
No problem, pal!
LazySpy
LazySpy
Kind of goes on to show how much of an annoying anx selfish brat Lillie is. It would've been fine if the show at least acknowledged her nasty attitude at one point as something bad. As it stands right now though... This image reminds me of how Bolin and Eska were written in The Legend of Korra if anything.
Max1996
Max1996
Err...annoying and selfish? How so?
FinnishPokéFan92
FinnishPokéFan92
I can actually somewhat understand that. She was annoyed that Lusamine evolved Clefairy into Clefable, because she (Lillie) thought that Clefairy was cuter, but, as Lusamine herself said, she had every right to do so, since it was her Pokémon to begin with.
Max1996
Max1996
Ok, that's one instance.
FinnishPokéFan92
FinnishPokéFan92
And I guess it's also that Lusamine genuinely had a lot of work to do while still genuinely loving her children, even if she went a little too far at times for expressing her love for them, and yet, Lillie was annoyed of her never having time for her.
LazySpy
LazySpy
But did she even need Lusamine's attention in the first place?
She lived in a rich mansion with tons of books on subject that interested her, a beatifull garden, and lets not forget her ever kind and great Alfred copy paste, Hobbes, and was attentinding a highly regarded Pokemon School. And all of that was only possible because of her mother's negligence.

'But Lazy, Lusamine ignored her daughter's PTSD!'
Ohhh back of, the first time she overcame her trauma (at least before Nebby decided to be stupid), had nothing to do with her mother.

Other thing I'd complain about from this arc is Mallow. Isn't her backstory basically what Lillie would have become if Lusamine was killied by Nihillego after giving Lusamine 'Reasons you suck' speech? Then why is she calling out Lusamine on childish behavior when the only reason Lusamine is like that is because she's possesed by an allien monster, but she doesn't tilt at Lillie for her attitude being childish? Is that the message this arc's trying to get along? That being possesed by an allien and acting without your free will makes a person childish and deserving of being hated, but being angry at your guardian and benefactor for stuff like the whole Clefairy affair is not childish?
Back
Top Bottom