Bulbagarden

Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Thanks, everything is fine now. Mostly just weird stuff about work, so my coming online is gonna be pretty sporadic for a while. I hope everything is fine on your end though?
Reactions: Ebail
Ebail
Ebail
Don't worry about me, I'm a lost cause, we're here to talk about how you're doing. Good to see you're better for the most part at least. Good luck with all the work business, you know I'll be around and answer if you ever gotta vent about it.
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
I don't think you're a lost cause personally, just know that I'm willing to listen though if you ever need it. Thank you, work is... well work, and sometimes my co-workers can be a little annoying at times too, I feel bad saying it like that though.
Ebail
Ebail
I think I am, but regardless that's another topic for another time. Back to you, of course, you're very welcome. I know how you feel though as far as work goes like that. Listen, since I've met you you've been nothing but sweet, and friendly, and well sometimes when people bother you you've just gotta let it out, so really you have no reason to feel bad for saying that. Let's be honest here if you feel annoyed by them then they must be pretty bad so.
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Sometimes work is so draining, and working at a restaurant is already bad enough with the occasional costumer being rude (and in some cases worse). Recently we got a new waiter, he was alright at first and mostly kept to himself and I'd have the occasional chat with him about stuff like gaming, anime, and certain sports on our lunch break, well a couple days ago he started getting aggressive in our convo's for some reason. Like I'd mention an older anime I recently re-watched and he'd scoff and suddenly changed the topic, usually I have no problem if the other person wanted to change the topic of our convo, but the way he went about it kind of threw me off. It's also only with me he started getting aggressive with, everyone else he's nicer to, I brought it up with another co-worker and she told me to brush it off and I'm taking it too personal, she also mentioned he likes me or something? Apparently he asked her if she knew my cell number (she doesn't), which is weird to ask, we weren't that close. My parents and brother told me I should bring it up with the manager, I probably will on Monday, but I don't know if there's much he can do, and the question he asked the other co-worker was after their shift so nothing he could do on that part. Maybe I am taking it too personal, I don't know, it's confusing and annoying at the same time. And him asking her for my cell number rubs me the wrong way regardless if he was aggressive or not.

Sorry, had to vent that out a bit. On a lighter note, I didn't even notice at first you became a mod! Congratulations!
Ebail
Ebail
First off there's no need to say sorry about that need to vent, I mean I did let you know you're welcome to vent here so.

I hear you on that draining bit especially. Not sure if I ever told you but I just work in a grocery store myself so I'm always dealing with people too. I don't think you're taking it too personal, honestly. If I'm trying to pinpoint the frame of mind here I think your other co-worker could be right. This sounds like a case of maybe having a crush or something, because sometimes people can be outright rude when they feel something. Not really sure why, but it is true. Either that or he's just turning out to be a jerk for no valid reason. Definitely weird trying to ask someone else if they have, and would share, your phone number though for sure. I gotta agree with your family about bringing it up if this issue is continuing. Even if your boss can't do anything, if you feel uncomfortable, well it needs to be addressed, I feel anyway.

Ah don't worry about that, it only just happened this week so pretty missable! But thanks a bunch!
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
That's true, though sometimes when I vent it can go on and on so I try to catch myself with that lol.

I really appreciate your insight though. I think you and my co-worker might be right about him having a possible small crush, this morning when I got to work he met me outside and asked (still in a rude way kind of, but not as bad as before) if I wanted to go hang out with him after work. I told him no and said I was busy (which was true, had to take my dad to get his check-up done anyway) and he just did this half shrug motion, he avoided me for most of our shift afterwards so I guess he might've been irritated? I did talk to my manager about him though, he told me not much can be done but he did write everything down (which I'm assuming for reference just in case anything happens), he also said he'll at least talk with him so I wonder how that'll go. Thank you though, I think another push but this time from a friend to talk to my manager about it really helped.

That makes sense, of course I wasn't on for too long or at all for the past couple weeks, so I missed the day when you became a mod. That's so cool though, I know you'll be a great mod!
Ebail
Ebail
That's fine though, I mean if its stuff you need to get off your chest who cares how long you go on for? You say what you gotta, no matter how much.

It is good that you brought it up to your manager at least. Even if they can't do anything they know the situation so if it does progress any, well they were given a heads up so they can react. Based on his asking you to hangout, regardless of the context of it, and then avoiding you it definitely sounds like a crush as it seems he avoided you due to rejection. If they were just asking you to hangout as standard friends do, whether annoyed or not by the no, you would typically just go something like "ah well, that's cool, maybe another time then" but in this case it definitely seems like it was something more in his mind. I mean I guess if push comes to shove if he could be persistent about it you could always just say you have a boyfriend or something.

Which is understandable. Afterall you did tell me in our prior chat you currently had a lot going on. Either way it's not a big deal that you weren't here for it, because it is just nice to see you around in general. But thank you again for that, although I do intend to be no different than how I already am as a normal user here.
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
This may sound annoying but, once again, thank you. I've only ever really vented to my parents mostly, and occasionally my brother but sometimes I notice him zoning out when I talk a bit longer. So I try not to drag it on too much lol.

My dad said the same thing earlier too, that at least it's written down in case anything ever does escalate (hopefully not though, I'd rather avoid a confrontation if possible!). On one hand I do feel slightly bad that he might be hurt and feel rejected, but on the other hand I was busy anyway and he's been rude to me so even if I wasn't busy I don't know what he'd expect my answer to be, a happy affirmative and brush off rude comments and the cold shoulder he gives me? He's so confusing, and well if he gets persistent then I'll say I have boyfriend, like you said. At least he doesn't know any of my offline friends or knows where I live, my co-worker kind of made me a little paranoid today with a joke by saying he could be a stalker, I don't think so but it still nags in my mind a bit.

I still feel bad about that though, but it's nice hearing (or rather reading lol) that from you.
Ebail
Ebail
It's not annoying at all, so don't worry about it in the least bit. And of course, you're welcome. That's understandable. It can be a bit tougher to vent to family at times anyways so it would make sense that you try to cut yourself off, especially when you notice someone zoning out a bit.

Absolutely. It would of course be far better if the situation is totally dropped, and there is never a need for any sort of confrontation. Eh you shouldn't feel that bad about it. I mean we all get rejected at times (well maybe not everyone, but you get my point) it happens. With all the more iffy attitude he'd been giving you later you have no reason to feel bad about rejecting him asking you to hangout. Besides you said yourself you already had plans you couldn't break so. Yeah that boyfriend card could be a good trump card to just hang onto, just in case. I doubt that they are, that other co-worker just made a dumb joke. I wouldn't be too paranoid about that personally, I mean you're smarter than that.

Ahh, don't worry! There's no reason at all to feel bad about it, really.
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Yeah with my parents it's fine cause sometimes even they vent about stuff to me every once in a while, but with my brother it's a bit harder. I know he means well, but it still kind of makes me disheartened a bit when he doesn't want to listen much (even if I'm not getting things off my chest).

Well I least I don't have to worry about him confronting me so far since he's been avoiding me now, and this morning he just said hi when I walked in, so I think his talk with our manager most likely helped ease the situation a bit. Though I'm still gonna be cautious of him, in a way. And that's true about rejection, and I'm no stranger to it either so I guess that's why I feel a little bad, but you're right his weird attitude problem doesn't give him the right to still be a jerk anyway. Yeah I shouldn't be paranoid, I think it doesn't help with the current situation (which hopefully goes away soon) so I guess my mind just ran away with it, not to mention the joke wasn't even funny for a dark humor type either, but thank you so much anyway.
Back
Top Bottom