Bulbagarden

Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
I loved the season premiere. Crossing the line is such a great song and Stronger than Before was really great too. I wish that there were a few more songs like there have been with other season premieres, but there was a lot for them to do in this episode and not enough room for them to have the characters sing.
Galar Adventurer
Galar Adventurer
Indeed. The premiere was great. I'm surprised the story crew went with redeeming Varian on the spot instead of saving it for an episode or 2 before the mid-season, but I thought it worked out nicely.

There are 2 more songs that we know about on the record for Season 3. One is apparently a Lance solo that a crew member hinted at somewhere on Twitter,
and from the looks of things, the other might be a group number that features Rapunzel (most likely), Eugene, Lance, Varian and Cassandra.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BoPDk3Rnr2b/
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
Varian's redemption felt a bit too sudden for me, or at least going from helping to overthrow the kingdom to backing down once people were going to be hurt felt a bit too sudden, but it generally worked out. It really helped that they could bond over the issue of trust after Rapunzel dealt with Cassandra's betrayal. That made their re-connection feel more genuine than it would have been otherwise. A Lance solo number sounds interesting considering he's been primarily used for comedy relief. A group number also sounds really fun. Tangled does have some really good songs, so I hope that the songs throughout the rest of the season are solid as well.
Galar Adventurer
Galar Adventurer
Welp, Rapunzel and Eugene weren't the only ones who changed clothes this season.
Q2KJ1fG.png

And also,
Varian (in The Alchemist Returns) said:
Oh, do you honestly expect me to be concerned about the welfare of Corona?

Varian (in The Lost Treasure of Herz Der Sonne) said:
Hey, look! Someone needs help! Hold on, we’re almost there!

^ Character development at its finest. :LOL: ^
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
Varian's new outfit is pretty neat. Seeing Varian being that worried about someone, despite how it was a trick, was pretty sweet. His redemption happened a lot sooner than I thought it would, but it is nice to see how he has changed. It does come off as pretty touching and genuine. I wonder what role he'll have for the rest of the season.
Galar Adventurer
Galar Adventurer
Indeed. I honestly wasn't expecting him to get a new outfit given that Lance still has his Season 1 attire so that was pretty cool.

I'm guessing that around either Beginnings or Be Very Afraid, Varian won't be left out of the loop on what happened to Cassandra anymore and that Rapunzel will tell him about what went down at the Dark Kingdom with Varian wanting to assist to Rapunzel in trying to bring Cass back to normal as a result since he was given top billing in Season 3's opening.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
That does make sense. It would be kind of strange if no one had already told Varian what happened to Cassandra or that he didn't ask about her after they saved Corona. Rapunzel is obviously trying to keep herself busy from thinking about Cassandra, but they've probably been back in Corona for at least a week or so in-universe, so Eugene could have told Varian about what happened by now. I could still see Varian determined to help Cassandra to further help atone for what he did and due to his crush on her.
Galar Adventurer
Galar Adventurer
And there's the Lance solo:
Bigger Than That
Music and Lyrics by Alan Menken and Glenn Slater
Performed by James Monroe Iglehart

So how've you been enjoying Season 3 so far?
Back
Top Bottom