Bulbagarden

Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
It does seem like a bit much, especially when it really favors the people who spend money to get the best kind of decks. Before the changes to the regular PvP, I appreciated that I didn't have to worry about getting a lower rank after losing multiple times, but now they finally changed that. My shaky luck with PvP duels doesn't help matters either. At least it is a pretty easy way to get more Gems and they do tend to offer some nice rewards too.
Reactions: Ebail
Ebail
Ebail
I know what you mean. I've never actually had luck reaching King of Games. Mostly because in the first days of the game I didn't realize you could close the app before losing, and the game wouldn't count it as a loss against you. Beyond that I'd reached the final rank of Legend once, one duel away from King of Games, and promptly proceeded to have awful luck, losing about 8 duels in a row. Now with how far the game has come I have awful luck in PvP just the same, even with competitive 20 card decks. But yeah, I guess at least the 50 daily gems is nice if nothing else. Before I forget may as well send you my friend code for there too since I did for Go and the Switch. 959-677-075
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
I never thought of doing that myself. The highest I think I've gotten was Platinum Rank 3 or 4. Even with some my best decks, I tend to run into terrible luck, like getting a lousy starting hand or my opponent having an overpowered deck with multiple Ultra Rare cards. I just sent over a friend request from Duel Links to you.
Ebail
Ebail
I use to just think people were rage quitting, but then later found out that was why. Of course this was real long ago, back when Dinosaur Kingdom Rex was the main deck to use just because it was a beatdown. It's usually the lousy hand for me when the opponent has a FTK combo hand that does me in. I only use to get far because back before they changed it using Mind Scan with an anti-meta deck seemed to work wonders. Ah well. And accepted the request, of course.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
I always assumed that it was an Internet connection problem on their end. I don't know if I could end up at the King of Games rank with my luck and how many different decks there are nowadays in Duel Links instead of the pretty standard ones when it first started up. I have been having pretty good luck with the new Neos deck with Judai/Yubel. That is still such a weird way to separate season four Judai from the regular Judai, but I guess that they had to think of something.
Ebail
Ebail
Yeah I hear you there. Not to mention nowadays too when you hit a streak of the same deck, set a deck to counter it, then face something totally different. That always seems to be how it goes when a new main used deck came out like Ancient Gear, or even Neos like you're using now. I mean I guess I like it better over them saying it's just Judai (Season 4) as it at least sort of makes it seem like a different character. Like you said previously something like this will probably never happen again.

Anyways, how have you been lately? I mean besides busy.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
The ban lists and restrictions on certain cards and Skills can also be frustrating. They are necessary to keep the game balance, but it can be disappointing when it makes a good deck unusable. I can only use two copies of Neos Fusion instead of three, which isn't too bad all things considered, but other decks have gotten worse.

I've been okay. I'm just waiting for November 15th so I can get Sword/Shield at this point. I'm trying my best to avoid the starter leaks. I may give into temptation, but I'm hoping that they'll be officially revealed before that happens. I hope that you've been doing fine.
Ebail
Ebail
Yeah at this point now with how often they seem to change how a lot of the Skills work I question if it was even worth including Skills in the game in the first place. It seems like anytime any of them start to see a fair amount of use in PvP they tend to be nerfed a month or two later. As for the ban list that's funny, because usually reading complaints a lot of the time it seems to mostly hinder decks that are free to play. Cyber Angel, Amazoness, and the old Red-Eyes being prime example while cards that cost gems are usually left intact. Generally cards out of packs seem to be left alone for the most part. A bit surprised to see Neos Fusion hit, but I guess it isn't that surprising seeing how many top level decks in recent Duel Links tournaments were using it.

You're definitely strong enough to resist the temptation. At this point you just need to make it less than two weeks now and the games will be out, I believe you can make it that long, I mean heck I've been able to avoid everything short of the tiny bits you can't help but read here and there. Eh, I'm eh overall.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
Skills can still be pretty useful in farming decks and makes some of the best archetypes work better than they would otherwise, but they can be pretty overpowered too. I never noticed that about the ban list, but that would explain a lot. The Cyber Angle and Amazoness decks were some of the best ones I used before the ban list came out to hinder them. I wouldn't have expected Neos Fusion to be hit, but it kind of makes sense given that players would be able to prevent a monster's destruction three times. At least being narrowed down to two still makes the deck playable.

I appreciate that encouragement. Before the leaks came out, I thought that I would jump at the chance to see the starters' evolutions. That's really the only thing about Sword/Shield that I'd want to know about before the games come out, but once I heard that the leaks actually started, I just wanted to avoid them as much as possible. Since we're so close to the games' release date, I'd just rather wait until they're officially revealed, which could happen if they don't want the leaks to go around for the next two weeks, or wait until I have the games. I'll want to look up which nature would be best for the Galar starters before starting the game anyway, so seeing the evolved forms then wouldn't be too bad when I'd probably get to their middle stage within the first day of playing anyway. I've had surprisingly good luck thus far with avoiding spoilers. Most everything is either vague or hidden in spoiler tags. I can understand feeling pretty eh, but I hope that things are going well for you.
Ebail
Ebail
It seems like most of the overpowered ones have been phased out. Really only seems like they're trying to make skills only work for specific decks. At least except those type draws which are good for farming like you said. Yeah those two were easily all over the place before the ban list hit them. I remember Amazoness being particularly bad, as Cyber Angel was handled easily enough by Enemy Control...which they also semi limited too anyway. Yeah I think being set at 2 really does still make it very playable. I think if nothing else it was set at 2 to prevent use of other cards along with it like Enemy Control and Treacherous Trap Hole.

Hey no problem, I know you're a tough cookie so no reason to doubt you can't withstand these last 2 weeks yourself now. Well that does make sense. Seeing the final forms of the starters isnt the worst thing anyway, especially if it will also influence your choice in what you'd want your starter to be as well as figuring out the best nature for it. Good to see you've been able to fight off the spoilers yourself. Makes the games far more enjoyable that way, I feel. Thanks for that, but still I don't think I'd worry about me, afterall I'm sure you've got plenty of your own stuff going on.
Hidden Mew
Hidden Mew
Yeah, Amazoness decks were everywhere for a long time. As useful as the deck was for me, I kind of didn't mind it getting hit by the ban list since it was kind of hard to work against. Cyber Angels were more easily countered by comparison. I almost wish that they'd make some more restrictions on Enemy Control. I absolutely hate it when a player uses its effect to take control of my one monster to defeat me. It isn't against the rules obviously, but it just feels so cheap or unfair.

I appreciate that. It's already kind of difficult with some of the threads here and a YouTube preview thumbnail might have showed me something, but I'm not sure about it and I'm okay with that. I don't think that seeing the final forms would change my choices. I'm pretty set on Scorbunny for Sword and Grookey for Shield. Sobble is cute, but I just prefer Scorbunny and Grookey. I do hope that they'll officially reveal the starter evolved forms before the games come out, if only so that I won't have to worry about avoiding those leaks, but I'll keep doing my best. You're welcome. I have stuff on my plate sure, but I can still hope that everything works so that you'll feel better too.
Ebail
Ebail
Yeah, I think maybe if we'd had some more Spell/Trap card removal at the time, such as Mystical Space Typhoon or something it wouldn't have been so bad as a big issue of the deck was Onslaught. For a while Enemy Control was actually my main counter to Cyber Angels. When the opponent would summon Dakini with the intention to use it's effect I'd generally chain Enemy Control to take control of it, and send Dakini to the grave via it's own effect. I can see why you feel like Enemy Control is a bit of a cheap move though. It certainly seems like it can be a headache if you weren't ready for the opponent to end the match with it.

For sure. Some of the threads here, whether intentionally or not, do seem like they'd give away a fair amount of info. If it wasn't for some thread titles I'd end up being spoiled on some info myself. Well I did at least figure you were taking Scorbunny in one game given your badge info, but interesting to see you take Grookey as your other. For some reason I saw you being more of a Sobble person there myself. Well knowing you doing your best to avoid the leaks will be plenty enough to avoid being spoiled, but I'm sure that the info there will be officially released ahead of time even if the games are just around the corner. Well yeah, naturally you can do so, and of course you know I'll appreciate it, I'm mostly just saying make sure that you are your top priority for being fine, and whatnot.
Back
Top Bottom