Bulbagarden

N
Norzan
I also started to drift away from the forums around four years ago, mostly because i was getting tired of the franchise. Since then up until now i showed up maybe once or twice, mostly around the time of Sun and Moon's release. Ups and down but mostly alright, and you?
W
WindBlast
Yeah I still remember the crazy XY cycle. I oft look back it with fondness. Tbh, my interest also dipped around Sun and Moon. I like the games but I dunno smt was different. Then Gen 8 was announced and I got all hyper again.
I guess it is good that there is at least ups, yeah?
I am ok. Finally finished uni but in the process of obtaining my license so i can finally start working. It is really nice that we r catching up after all this time :)
R u getting the new games?
Reactions: Norzan
N
Norzan
The pre-release of XY was indeed crazy and i too look back fondly at it. It was the last time i was truly very excited for a new pokemon release. There are stuff i liked in Sun and Moon but didn't even bothered to finish Sun and didn't bought Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon. Didn't helped i was truly burned out at the time and couldn't muster much excitement for that gen.

Don't have a Switch yet, so not getting any of the new games at release. Honestly, some of the choices Gamefreak made (you must know the Dexit controversy) turned me off big time from the new games. When i get a Switch, if i get any of the games, it's gonna be in used condition. Just so i can get it cheaper. Or wait for a third version or maybe the possible Gen 4 remakes.

Congrats in finishing university.
W
WindBlast
Omg we are literally in the same boat! I also do not have a switch and this will be the first time I do not play the game upon release. My hype was dampened cuz of SM. It took me 3 years to finish moon and i have not even started ultra sun.

Yeah I have heard about dexit! what a mess tbh! like why? I am not even good with technology but I am sure there is a way to fit all poke in this game like come on. I wanna play sword but might end up doing what u also said as playing a third version. The remakes I am actually really looking forward to. My very first game was pearl.

Thank you so much!! are you still studying or working?
N
Norzan
I still plan on finishing Sun at one point but i keep putting it off.

To me the Dexit stuff just got worse when they claimed they were doing it in order to improve graphics and animations. I mean, the graphics are better and some animations are great, but the game just looks like an HD upscaled 3DS game. And it should have been more than that given the circustances. And really, the whole being able to change natures with an item and max out the IVs of the pokemon through pokemon camp just upset me even more when i have so many old pokemon that would benefit from this.

If they don't release a third version, i hope they at least patch the games. Reading the games have several issues and gonna wait for that to be patched. I'm interested in Gen 4 remakes, just to say what they will do with it.

Unemployed at the moment but looking for a job. Fortunately, i saved a lot of money from my previous job, so my financial stituational is very stable. Plus got a driver license and my own car.
W
WindBlast
Yeah, I heard about that as well. It seems that the games lags off a lot and that it glitches? Hope they fix that! I am def more interested in gen IV remakes way more than a 3rd version.
Do you think there is a chance for megas to return? I wanna see gen 4 starters megas so bad!
Yeah I understand. I have lots of shinies and competitive pokemon on X that I guess will sadly have to stay there forever now :(

Oh good for you on the car congrats! What kind of job are you looking for? I hope u got what u r looking for soon :3
N
Norzan
People are reporting several issues with the games from a technical standpoint, hopefully Gamefreak will do something about it. They have released patches for previous games to fix major stuff, so it's not like they haven't done it before.

I honestly hope mega evolutions return and not just get dumped in the graveyard of forgotten features (and it's a big one). Mega Evolution is probably the best feature they have introduced in recent memory, even though there are a few designs that are weird. And yes, i want megas for Gen 4 starters.

We'll see what Gamefreak will do in the future. Maybe they will make a game with every pokemon in them and then you can transfer every pokemon.

Thanks. I left curriculums in some places and i'm trying to go back to the library (that was my previous job). We'll see how it turns out.
W
WindBlast
Oh I had not realized it was that horrible! Well by all means I hope the my fix the problems! Makes me kind of glad I still have a switch. Would be better to get the game when all bugs are fixed.

Yeah, I would be salty if only gen 1 and 3 starters have mega! Like come on! Then again I am salty gen 8 starters have no Giga forms! Sometimes I wonder what GF is actually thinking eith these decisions!

If there is smt good about gen 8 is the love? That ice types got! I dunno what possessed GF but they actually gave us 10 newice pokemon / forms. It is my fav type and seeinf it get some love makes me happy. Ofc they destroyed Frosmoth with that speed but oh well, at least they made Galar-Darmanitan a beast and they finally fixed Kyurem’s movepool. What’s ur fav type?

Oh I see! That’s awesome. I am a big reader so I have an unwavering respect for librarians :3 I hope u get a job in a place u want :)
N
Norzan
Yeah, better to wait for when the bugs and issues are fixed before you buy it.

It would look really awkward for only Gen 1 and 3 starters to get mega evolutions. Hence i'm hoping GF is also thinking like this and finally starts giving megas to other starters. Plus some megas for Gen 4 pokemon like Weavile.

Gen 8 did get a lot of ice types, that's true. Galarian Darmanitan looks hilarious though. And yeah, it sucks that Frosmoth has such poor speed because i was expecting to be a ice Volcarona. That would have been awesome. Don't really have a favorite type because i love several pokemon from each type.

Thanks. I really liked the job at the library. The hours were good, i had access to the internet and the job was pretty chill.
W
WindBlast
Mega Weevile would be amazing. In fact if megas are back I am hoping many ice types from gen 4 get aome love. Mega Mamoswine, mega Froslass...etc

Yeah, at this point i am happy we are at lest getting more deisgns. The penguin is my fav.

I am happy to hear this :3 in an ideal world I would probably also work in a library :3
N
Norzan
There are so many Gen 4 pokemon i want megas for. Electivire, one that makes Magmortar less fat, Rhyperior, Staraptor, Luxray, Vespiqueen and Floatzel. So many underappreciated pokemon that could get a boost with a good mega.

I find the penguin one pretty funny. I do like its gimmick that it gets bulky and slow with the ice cube on its head and fast and frail without the ice cube.
W
WindBlast
Ahaha a mega that makes it thin I lol’d.
One for Froslass as well, she deserves one.
But do you think we will get new megas? I heard somewhere that they no longer want to make them or smt.

Ahaha he is precious lol probably my fave new ice pokemon xd
N
Norzan
Don't recall them saying they didn't wanted to make new megas. I hope they make more in future games, specially because they are basically cross gen evos.
W
WindBlast
Really? I must have remembered wrong then! I would be happy if they pump out more. A lot of pokemon could use some buffs.
merry christmas btw :3
Back
Top Bottom