• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden

Boss1708
Boss1708
No...

I have a PC, a Laptop, and an Android Smartphone :(
Silktree
Silktree
When you buy a new one, make sure it's compatible with the game.
Boss1708
Boss1708
Yes definitely!
Boss1708
Boss1708
Expansions bruh...

But they almost cost what a full third version did.

I am confused lol
Silktree
Silktree
DLC shouldn't cost more than $20 unless it really is akin to half a new game, which this isn't. They're just making the post-game more comparable to DP and BW's; even the new legendaries just make up for SwSh only having three to begin with. Lol at their continued phobia of more engaging battle facilities.
Boss1708
Boss1708
Ikr... this just sounds... cheap
Boss1708
Boss1708
I mean Game Freak's attitude is cheap, not the DLC. I agree that 30 euros is too expensive for what they're adding.
Silktree
Silktree
Things are looking kind of grim for the series. SwSh aren't bad, but they're too expensive for what they offer unless you're a competitive player who can't get enough of ranked battles (or you're a shiny hunter, I guess). Most fans just continue to eat up whatever Game Freak throw at them. "New forms, yay!"

I think that DP remakes would be a very "meh" way to celebrate the 25th anniversary. At the same time, Let's Go Johto shouldn't be a simple combination of LGPE and GSC (for one thing, fans expect the National Pokedex to be restored). I'd rather not get my hopes up for anything, but I've entertained the idea of a game like the new anime that allows you to travel to specific locations in every region. It wouldn't be easy to pull off... Maybe Let's Go Johto with events in the other regions?
Boss1708
Boss1708
Personally, now that a cheaper Switch Lite exists, I am considering the possibility of maybe getting Sw or Sh. But it all depends of how the DLC will turn out. I am liking the Isle of Armor sofar. It is the kinda place I would like to explore.

But you know me: if the Battle Facility is small and unimpressive, my hype would quickly go down and I would lose interest.

So I am confused rn. There are things that I like, but I think they are trying to milk us like cows. Too much money. Especially when we add online and both Expansion packs.

As for the next game, what do you expect?
Silktree
Silktree
I wouldn't expect much from that facility, and the island seems to have less places to explore than the tundra. The Wild Area should give you a good idea of what to expect.

What do I expect from 2021? No idea. The hardcore fans are making it easy for Game Freak just to release DP remakes and call it a day, but based on that logic LGPE wouldn't have happened (same for SM in 2016!). I think that my idea (LG Johto with events in other regions) would work pretty well, but for all I know Game Freak have never even considered it. Masuda's quote about no LG entries being planned is pretty meaningless considering that he said the same thing about SwSh not being updated with missing Pokemon.
Boss1708
Boss1708
Well I still have some slim hopes about that Battle Facility, because the description on the official website said something about "different styles of battling", which sounds potentially exciting for me. I know that I will probably be disappointed, but I will just hold some hope until it's revealed.

As for the next game, I am clueless. I am pessimistic and so I think it's going to be just a lame Sinnoh remake. That they will just make to get it out of the way. They hate Sinnoh anyway LOL, at least Masuda does.

But I hope I am wrong. I would definitely buy a Switch Lite for Let's Go Johto!
I would have even bought it for LGPE if it had a Battle Facility lol...
Boss1708
Boss1708
Hey bro... Are you here?

I bought a Nintendo Switch Lite yesterday, and I am about to buy Pokemon Shield and the DLC.

So I think I am back here for good...
Silktree
Silktree
I'm here for the anime discussion, but I only rented a Switch two years ago for LGE. I didn't feel like doing that for SwSh, and the DLC doesn't help.

I don't think that SwSh are "bad" games, but they never excited me and I need a break.
Boss1708
Boss1708
I understand you. No problem. Just letting you know we can talk mote often now.

Also I got a question for you... I am planning to buy Pokemon SwSh digitally, rather than a physical copy. What's your opinion? Do you see any advantage/disadvantage to this?
Silktree
Silktree
I've been buying games digitally since Y. With the 3DS the only disadvantage is that if your device is stolen or broken, you end up losing your digital games. As far as I understand, the Switch doesn't have that problem.

Boss1708
Boss1708
Thank you very much my friend.

Btw, on a digital copy, I can always play single player as usual, without internet connection yes? Just like with a physical copy right?

I ask because I heard the new digital version of PS5 doesn't work without an internet connection :(
Silktree
Silktree
Primary Switch: Your account can launch any game offline or online and can play them without limit.
Secondary Switch: Your account can only launch games when you have an online connection. If you go offline (like on a plane or subway), you cannot Switch to another game.

So this is only an issue if you end up getting another Switch.
Boss1708
Boss1708
Ok thanks a lot bro.

Btw just to update you: Hoenn, Johto and Kanto remain my favorite regions and games.

But Galar (including the 2 DLC regions I mean) beats Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and Alola for me. I am very happy with it :)
Silktree
Silktree
I thought Unova was one of your favorites, but now it seems to be pretty low on the list. Maybe I misremembered?

It's Johto, Kanto and Unova for me, then probably Hoenn? I am not sure I prefer it to Sinnoh, but the latter felt like an imitation with a climate change. Alola has a very nice island (Poni) and a very bad one (Melemele), with the other two not really standing out. I can't rank Galar without playing SwSh, but the DLC feels very separate from the main region (an island with a very obvious Chinese motif, and a tundra full of old legendaries?). But I suspect that Galar is a lot like Kalos, which felt like a Japanese tourist's take on a popular destination without much depth.
Boss1708
Boss1708
No you remember correctly. Unova is still one of my favorites. Close to Galar.

The issue is I hate all Unova Pokemon. I love Galar Pokemon.

It's what gave Galar an advantage for me.
Back
Top Bottom