• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Tactician Karina
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• You have watched ALOT of anime!
    Reactions: Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    I've had a lot of time throughout my life, and especially now since I can't go back to work yet (if at all). Gotta get to my plannings list after my current shows end.

Though my completion list is still rookie numbers, I've met one person on AniList with over 8,000 anime completed.
    skywaffles
    skywaffles
    Thats crazy :oops: 8,000???
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Yup, and from what I've seen in forum threads there is someone that apparently has more than that. It's pretty crazy.
    Merry Christmas, Karina!
    Trainer Gabriel
    Trainer Gabriel
    Well, I do hope you still read my month-old message. You could carry over any replies to it here, if there's anything you'd like to say in response or just to continue the conversation where we left off.

Good on you for getting new Switch games! For myself, I didn't receive any games directly, but I got a $35 gift card for GameStop that I used to get Vampyr for the Switch (priced at just $30) and a pre-owned copy of Assassin's Creed: Rogue for the Xbox 360 to round out the remaining value two days past... only to find out they were apparently on some kind of sale, which left me with a few dollars remaining on my gift card. :LOL: As it happens, GOG is having an on-going Winter Sale that I mentioned in our previous conversations that started on the 16th and will end on the 4th of next month, so this would be the time to grab the games I recommended to you, if you haven't already, plus anything else that might interest you while you have the chance. I haven't gotten anything from GOG myself yet, either, but I've been keeping tabs on cPRGs from the last decade that I should now be able to run smoothly on my new gaming computer while they're still on sale, namely Pillars of Eternity II and Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

Happy New Year! Here's to hoping for a better year.:)
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Neat! I didn't even know Vampyr was also on the Switch, might even put it on my wishlist for the system. But cool that you got games still! As for GOG I did indeed picked up some games for the sale, mainly Star Wars and a few others though I have yet to really play any (MH has been eating up my time lately, especially since now I can't go back to work for now, again). Also I'll finally get to play Baldur's Gate sometime Thursday or Friday morning, so pretty exciting to be getting to that soon.

Also a Happy (late) New Years to you as well. (and don't worry I read your other post after this one, we can continue here if you want instead)
    Trainer Gabriel
    Trainer Gabriel
    I'm glad you didn't miss the GOG Winter Sale, and I hope you enjoy the SW games I recommended to you (plus more?) when you get to them! I, myself, also got a few cRPGs during the sale before it ended, which I also mentioned in the appropriate thread, plus another game that I used the few remaining dollars on my GameStop gift card to buy yesterday. I couldn't believe that I went through three other games that happened to be out of stock at GS before I finally settled for The Witcher 3 on the Switch. 0_0 Well, I'm sorry to hear about not being able to work right now...and hopefully all these lockdowns will end soon.

Great to hear that you'll be starting Baldur's Gate soon! Before you begin, I have a few pieces of advice for you.
    - Baldur's Gate I is a low level D&D campaign game - in that you'll only be able to reach about level 7-9 or so, depending on your class, by the time you finish the game, and only if you do as many quests as it takes to reach the exp. cap (which is 89,000 in the vanilla game and was raised to 161k in the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, if you decide to install that right away). Because of this, battles rely more on the RNG than tactics to decide the outcomes. Just something to keep in mind when you start.
    - It's for the above reason that I would STRONGLY suggest you choose to be a Fighter for your character class. Fighters are the most straightforward class and excel in low-level AD&D, due to their decent starting HP and ability to equip any weapons and the heaviest armors, giving them the best chance of survival. I understand that you like to play mages in RPGs, but Mages in BG at level 1 start with only 4 HP and will only be able to cast a few level 1 spells once per day, so I would definitely not pick that first. A Paladin is also a good starting class, due to their ability to use a few low-level Cleric spells and Turn Undead skill, but a Fighter gets more HP and will be able to use a few spell abilities because of a plot-related spoiler.
    - I would also suggest you equip as many characters in your party as you can with ranged weapons - bows, crossbows, slings and darts - due to how overpowered ranged weapons are in BG's engine, with one bulky fighter with a solid melee weapon to draw the enemies' attention.
    - Lastly, while I understand that you had fun with the Dark Side path of KotOR, I would advise against playing evil in your first playthrough of Baldur's Gate. Instead of your CHAR's alignment being affected by your choices, BG uses a Reputation system (similar to Fallout or something like that). Evil choices drop your reputation number which causes merchants to jack up the prices of their wares for you and turns city guards hostile to you when it gets too low. Just play the adventure straight and be a hero.
    I really hope you like the Baldur's Gate series! If not, I'd understand. Baldur's Gate isn't for everyone, but it's possibly the richest and one of the most rewarding RPG experiences for those who do get through it!
    Funny that you start using a FT avatar after I got the game.
    prog rocker
    prog rocker
    Maybe I'm mixing things up? The way the wiki described something from the game made me think it was an RPG (that was years ago, though). Might also try the DS games, but lack of Japanese knowledge and walkthroughs for the special characters makes me think I should skip them (for now at least).
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    The PSP games do look more like RPG's to be fair, though I'm only basing this off of screenshots. The DS game I have is Madoushi Kessen, so I didn't even know for the longest time till now that there was another one on the DS. It's fun though not fully understanding Japanese, especially the first time I played it, made it kind of confusing at first, but it goes by arc so my knowing of what happens and playing it years after it's release made it easier; everything else was simply trial and error.
    prog rocker
    prog rocker
    Makes sense.
    I just read your bio, I agree with the best lords section, but you forgot alm :p (and I say this as a diehard archenea fan, marth kind of sucks)
    Side note: do you have discord?
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Ha I was contemplating putting Alm as well but he just became more neutral on my list of favorite lords; he's still my favorite between him and Celica though. Marth is kind of lame yeah, I don't hate him though but out of every other lord he's just kind of bland, fun to use in Smash at least.

I do but I haven't even logged on in a long time, I only really used it when I was a mod on another dead former Pokemon turned anime site, I don't even remember my password :oops:; luckily I do have it saved somewhere though, I'll just have to find it when I'm not being lazy after work lol.
    finally someone that thinks mineta is overhated
    • Love
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Literally one of my favorite MHA characters after Shoto. And tbh, he isn't that bad when it comes to pervy anime characters. I just wish that we'd see even more use of his quirk plus get more screen time (though I wish the same for the other lesser shown 1A students as well).
    Hey, just wanna say that I hope you've been holding out fine by you with everything going on nowadays.
    Finally more Thracia 776 characters in FE Heroes (well Thracia and GotHW in Brigid/Eyvel's case lol), and now normal Mareeta ofc. Pretty happy that at least two of the characters I wanted from Thracia 776 are now in. Also Peony is adorable, loving how we now have fairies (even if it's in a side game), now I want to see an elf and a (playable) centaur; and, ideally, more fantasy creatures please, IS.
    Hey, I thought I should let you know that GOG is currently doing a Black Friday Sale - with over 2,000 games as discounted by as much as 90% off - and the Gothic series is currently 75% off the original price! If you didn't buy it already, this would be as good a time as any to jump for it! Risen may not be on sale, oddly enough, but the KOTOR series is 65% off for the big sales event, so you could consider getting the sequel instead, as well. That's two games for less than the price each one regularly costs individually! The sale lasts until December 3rd (that started yesterday), so you have until then to make the purchases and browse for anything else that might interest you! :)
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Oh I already got Gothic, though maybe I should've waited and gotten it during the sale, ah well. I'll definitely get the KOTOR sequel either tomorrow or the 1st of December. I'm going to start Gothic sometime soon after I finish SwSh, but thanks for the heads up! :)
    Trainer Gabriel
    Trainer Gabriel
    Well, that's too bad. But, oh well; perhaps there will be other games that will catch your eye, too. Then again, I know there's bound to be another big Holiday Sale next month, anyway, so there's that, too, if you miss anything else. And this is exactly why I say that there's never any reason to not wait for a GOG Sale, due to how frequently they pop up. Hope you have fun with PC gaming all the same! :D
    So apparently a former Fire Emblem ROM hack previously called FE: Midnight Sun is probably going to be it's own game if it gets enough funding on Kickstarter, now called Path of the Midnight Sun. Looks interesting and I'll definitely get it should the Kickstarter be successful, especially since it'll release on Switch. Character designs look neat so far, you can definitely see it's FE roots, even the silver haired girl looks like she could be a FE Heroes original character (specifically, one of Hrid's sisters if you put her in a similar outfit to theirs). And the team is Italian based so I'm super pumped for them.

Though the title reminds me of Black Clover's Eye of the Midnight Sun group lol. (not a bad thing since I also like it, but that'll take some getting used to to not mix it up)
    Hey! I've learned that Zwei!! and its sequel are basically half off right now at GOG.com as part of their XSEED anniversary sale, and I'm probably going to be picking them both up. I didn't think that I'd be playing either of these games quite so soon because I was actually waiting for a sale just like this one, but then 'tis the season, I suppose! I might not actually start playing them extensively until a little later — I have a lot of things going on right now — but I might give the first one a quick try this weekend, depending on how things go.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Oh really? That's interesting to hear, I already have the PSP port of Arges Adventure and I did play Ilvard Insurrection when it released worldwide in 2017 on PC. I'll have to look into it though, I wonder if the first game on GOG is the 2008 version or the original (cause if it's the '08 version then it'll have cut minigames, but at least has the superior OST). Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I did though, oh and just as an fyi leveling up in these games isn't like in normal RPG's where you defeat enemies to gain EXP, you have to eat food to level up instead and combining more of the same food can give more EXP.
    InfiniteBakuphoon
    InfiniteBakuphoon
    I think that it's a "complete" version that has both OSTs and at least some of the content from every version released, although I'm not sure if all of the mini-games are there. I think that I'll enjoy it in any case, though, since it'll likely be the most complete version of the game that exists for quite a while (if not ever). Thanks for the info, and again for introducing me to this series with that wonderful track you posted on the video game music thread (a surprisingly good place for discovering new games!).
    Hi there! I know that we don't really talk a lot like this, but nonetheless I wanted to say that I hope you had a wonderful (belated) birthday and Halloween (what luck to have both on the same day, huh?). As a "present", I offer you a follow, since I've always appreciated your input here and... well, because I don't really have anything else that I can give, unfortunately. Hope you don't mind the follow.

Also, I hope that you and your friends and family stay safe during all of the chaos happening in California right now. From the outside looking in, it looks almost apocalyptic out there, so I can't help but worry a bit, even if I don't know what your exact situation is right now. Make sure you continue to stop by here every so often to let us know that you're OK...
    • Love
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Yep, and if it's not wildfires here then there's possible earthquakes, which scarily enough happened on July 4th and 5th in Ridgecrest this year and majority of the state felt it, and part of Nevada even got it a bit (a 6.4 foreshock and then a 7 to 8 mainshock, it sadly caused fires to happen in a home and business too). I'm just happy that so far I haven't heard too much about the fires now, winds have been dying down lately so our high winds warning where I'm at isn't in effect now, and I haven't heard about any other fire in the eastern counties. It's terrible though whenever I hear a weather (or any) disaster happening in the US, or anywhere else in the world, I always hope there won't be too many, or any, casualties but especially with nature you can never know sadly.

No problem! To be honest I've actually wanted to follow you for some time now, but I wasn't sure if it'd be weird to get a sudden follow from me out of the blue lol, sometimes I get nervous about wanting to follow others for some reason. I don't spend too much time online now too, I used to when I first joined and a little bit after, but irl stuff and work for the past two years had really gotten to me at times so there'll be some days I just don't get on; unless I have a day off or not much going on in general I'll get on a couple days in a row and stay on a bit longer, but not much nowadays. I know how you feel about sticking to a few threads and forums, I mostly hang around the Entertainment forum (as you know lol) and Fun & Games forum, but I'll also go to Outside the Box and the Pokémon forum/threads occasionally; though in the case of the latter I don't go there too much anymore since a lot of the threads that caught my eye I've already posted in, or somebody else already said something similar to what I wanted to say and I don't want to make a redundant post. Though I'm good with just browsing the threads there now, at least, and like you said being here already is fun and nice overall - and speaking of a certain spoiler thread, I was actually going to post my thoughts on one of the leaks but then an argument broke out around when I was about to post it (seriously, like fifteen other posts were posted before mine in around 3-5 minutes!), and I was just like "yeah, not going to get involved", even if my post had nothing to do with it; let's just say my head hurt from rolling my eyes too much - but I'll definitely still be in the video game music thread too, it's just way too fun.
    InfiniteBakuphoon
    InfiniteBakuphoon
    Indeed for all of the above! You needn't have worried about following me, though; if anything, I probably would've welcomed it even it was random, haha. Speaking of which, you wouldn't mind if I asked you about random stuff here every once in a while, would you? Not about anything personal or serious or anything; just Pokémon-, video game-, and anime-related stuff. Because based on your profile and the things that you post on the video game music thread, it looks like you have quite the impressive collection of stuff that you like, and as a lover of those types of things myself (except anime, which intrigues me but isn't something that I actually watch a lot of), I can't help but be interested. :)
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    No I don't mind at all! I like conversations so it's fine if you ever want to ask me something, or to just talk about anything in general, I'm all ears for any kind of chat. :)
    Happy birthday, Karina! Hope you're having a good Halloween, too! :)
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Thanks! I'll be having a birthday dinner with my family a bit later, then after that I'll watch some horror movies. Oh and I should mention the second week of November I'm gonna get Gothic and, hopefully, Risen by then.
    Trainer Gabriel
    Trainer Gabriel
    That's cool! Hope it turns out fun for you! :) Oh, so you've decided to go ahead and get those games next? Not what I would've expected you'd go for next, but that's cool to hear that you'll be adding more games to your GOG catalogue!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom