Bulbagarden

TeaWest
TeaWest
Yeah I'm a huge AC fan (I've played 2, 4, 5, Zero, AH, AH Legacy, Infinity, and 7). I bought 7 the day it came out but I haven't played it since I beat it so I'll have to check it out!
ReturnofMCH
ReturnofMCH
so I assume since you're missing 3 and 6 on that list you know the story behind what happened with 3 overseas? well there IS a fanslation for the original release, but everyone has different ideals when it comes to piracy or fanslations, plus linking to sites for any of that stuff is against forum rules, so if you ever decide you're interested in playing 3 as it was meant to be played that's up to you to figure out on your own :p (me personally,I can't stand emulation of the console playstations as the best PSP one at least can run on a potato, same can't be said for any PS1/PS2/PS3 emu, so instead I resorted to playing on actual hardware which was a hassle in of itself)
as for 6, there's a big reason I want remasters of the older games for modern consoles. putting a historically playstation series as a 360 exclusive may have seemed like the right call at the time because of the PS3's poor launch and the 360 already had 2 years of consumer trust at the time, but then the PS3 caught up near the end of that gen and the PS4 reclaimed the throne, so it ended up hurting the game in the long run, plus while the story does have it's issues in 6 (do we really need to hear their middle finger equivalent speech to the bad guys EVERY SINGLE CUTSCENE?) the multiple objectives structure makes it so much fun to replay and experiment with, because the design is such that you get a list of 10 objectives, and need to complete the majority to win the mission, but can tackle in any order you want, leading for some VERY diverse ways to play similar to the karma meter in 0.
ReturnofMCH
ReturnofMCH
Tbh I feel that given electrosphere happens 21 years after skies unknown, if they make ace combat 8, it could go one of 4 directions:

1. This example of going backwards in time canonically
  2. Post electrosphere, decides which of the endings was canon after nemo was let out of the simulation and should displace that UGSF bullshit that bamco created in the early 2010s but obviously dropped.
  3. Same as above, but with a twist of neucom discovering how to time travel and general resource comes back from the grave to change wars seen in every previous ace combat game, may serve as either a grand finale of the series or a start to a soft reboot a la mortal kombat’s modern trilogy and warriors orochi 3 ultimate, thanks to back to the future style ripple effects of time meddling.
  4. Straight up alternate canon where general resource was caught years before they actually were and is an AU to electrosphere but same timeframe in the general timeline of things.
Personally I feel 3 has the most potential but also the easiest chance of screwing up (like most time travel stories tend to have and end up doing) but 2 seems like the best course of action in the end

comment I made on a reddit thread about a potential ace combat 8 set doing a strangereal world war 1.
Back
Top Bottom