• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Aulos
Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It's so cool that you play the oboe! I fell in love with the sound of the oboe while listening to the scores for Brideshead Revisited (both the film and TV versions). It's a very emotive instrument that touches my soul. I've heard that it's quite a challenge to play!
    Reactions: Aulos
    Aulos
    Aulos
    Thanks. Hm, I've never heard of that. I do like an OST with a lot of oboe! Just wait until you hear this. This performer is so expressive and the sound is just beautiful beyond words.

Yeah... It's a bit of a tough instrument. And think that I'm also a bassoon player, which is another really tough instrument. The oboe is extremely finnicky with reeds, though. Like it decides it won't sound as easy when the reed is done and that is really bad when you go into a rehearsal unprepared and that's all you have!

I also am concerned with the amount of air pressure it puts on my ears and the like. I love playing it so much, I hope there is a way to alleviate that.
    I like your signature. Do you play a woodwind instrument?

EDIT: Checked your bio, lmao. Oboe is beautiful. I really admire double reeds.
    TheCapsFan
    TheCapsFan
    super cool!! Do you play for like a local orchestra in your spare time?
    Aulos
    Aulos
    Sadly not right now. I've had some health problems lately. I'm really sad because I could have been the 1st/principal oboe this last semester.
    TheCapsFan
    TheCapsFan
    Aw I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully the spot is reserved for you when you feel better.
    Reactions: Aulos
    Aulos
    Aulos
    Hi. Sorry for the delayed response. I'm ridiculous and I see a message and go do something else thinking I'll come back to it in time. That didn't happen this time. Sorry.
    Darth Darkrai
    Darth Darkrai
    HA! That Sounds Funny. It's Fine. :) I'm LESS ACTIVE Here these Days Anyway TBH. I'm On a Different Site, BUT I AM TRYING to Come Back Here and Talk with People. :)
    Indeed... When I saw you commenting about the importance of the female protagonist, I hoped: "hey, maybe finally someone else who supports feminism in this shitty world!"

As a guy, I don't think guys should call themselves feminists, they should support the movement as allys and not lead it. So I support it and try to be a proper ally.
    Aulos
    Aulos
    I don't know that guys shouldn't be able to call themselves feminists. I just think they should be careful and understand that they are more on the ally side. But it's not like the issues that feminism hopes to address don't effect men. They most certainly do.

I've called Gamefreak/Nintendo out so many times for how they've handled the protagonists. How they've completely shafted Leaf and only shown Red (I can't forgive them for not giving an option to face Leaf in HG/SS, and now I just really don't like seeing Red, period. Which is sad. They need to be more fair.), how they did that Pokemon Generations series and only showed the male protagonists. It's all so ridiculous.
    Hi, I just wanted to say your avatar is adorable! And I see you like Pokemon Crystal in that game top 10 forum, nice! Also my favourite Pokemon game. And mentioning the female protagonist makes me happy, too many people ignore the importance of that. :3
    Aulos
    Aulos
    Thank you. Yeah, sadly people don't realize the importance of it... But people don't usually realize the importance of female representation to begin with, so it's no shock.
    Hi, long time no talk. I joined a concert band again and started regularly practice clarinet again. Do you know much about the band composers Phillip Sparke and David Gillingham?
    Aulos
    Aulos
    Wow. So much has changed since we last talked! I switched from the bassoon to oboe. Never really thought that would happen, but that's how things went. I returned to university last year and played in the Wind Ensemble as the only oboist. D: Kind of scary because I'm really not the best and still didn't know how to work with reeds and had no faculty that was always on campus that could help me.

I'm glad you got back into playing! I'm afraid I don't really know much about those composers. It's possible I've played something from them over the years, but it's been so many years. lol
    Hey, I just noticed your 3rd Bulbaversary was yesterday! Congrats!
    Aulos
    Aulos
    Oh, thank you. I've had so much going on over the last couple of days I honestly hadn't even noticed. lol
    Kharixi
    Kharixi
    As I said, congrats. :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom