• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden

Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Which platform? I got it on Switch even though some have told me it's the worse version, didn't run into any problems though luckily.

The game itself is pretty short and easy though, easily platinum around 40 hours; still had a fun time with it. I just don't like how some events and characters are either removed or switched around from the manga/anime, and the DLC prices are ridiculous but that's KT for ya. :rolleyes:
prog rocker
prog rocker
I got it for PC as a sort of time waster. I agree that they could have done waaaaay more, specially considering that Fairy Tail ended a while ago. I still wonder why some things were just... text. They could have made Laxus vs that guy I forgot his name in the Grand Magic Games and Kagura vs Yukino playable for example. They could also have made a model for Capricorn because the whole POV thing was bad.

I found the game enjoyable, but I feel it could have been more.
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
It's definitely odd that some characters only have a portrait but no model, makes it look goofy when Natsu and co. are talking to just air. I also feel more characters should've been playable like Yukino, Flare, Leo/Loke (I can see why not but they could've worked it out), Cana, etc. and having three members of Fairy Tail being reduced to DLC only is bad. The Blue Pegasus guild could've been shown a bit more in the GMG, at least just portraits and models of The Trimens, especially since Ichiya is playable. And having screenshots from the anime plus text, but no actual cutscenes is baffling, they had the time to make the pool cutscene with the girls but no other important fights or any other moments. (I'm not one to complain about fanservice, but come on)
prog rocker
prog rocker
True. Loke could have worked either by blocking Lucy's move when he's in the party, or just... do like with Robin's FS and act like nothing's happening. Yukino could have been interesting considering her spirits were never shown in game. Flare's situation was worse since she's already a guest character, and I think she even has art for the playable menu (might be really wrong about this). I was also going to suggest Ultear, but... yeah, they might have to write around that.
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Yukino's situation feels lazy to me, they don't show her spirits (not even in portraits or screenshots either) yet she's shown helping Lucy. It's even more weird since her spirits have obvious appearances in the manga/anime yet they didn't bother showing them. Ultear would've been a cool addition as playable but yeah there would need to be a heavy retcon around her situation. I think Flare has/had art for the playable menu, especially since early trailers made it seem like she was playable, I'm going to be so mad if they bring more DLC and she's in the same situation as Lyon (guest member but pay for their unlock). Overall still a fun game but I agree with you in that it could've been more, especially for a first FT RPG, though it's on me for letting my hype get too high for a anime game.
prog rocker
prog rocker
Well, it's not the first FT RPG. There were like three for the PSP but they didn't get translations (official or otherwise). I wonder how those games stand compared to this one.
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Huh the wiki said they were fighting games, at least I know the DS one is since that's the only Japan only one I've played (though skill customization is similar to an RPG). But interesting that this game might be one of the lesser games in the series, the DS one I certainly clocked in more hours on, I also wonder how the others compare.
Back
Top Bottom