• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Puddle
Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• No sign of my Brilliant Diamond pre-order yet. It could arrive in the next couple of hours, but I have a feeling I might not get it till tomorrow.
    Welkamo
    Welkamo
    For me, it's supposed to come at 10 AM. That means that it's, realistically, coming in the afternoon.
    Reactions: Puddle
    Puddle
    Puddle
    Did your copy arrive in the end? My Dialga figurine is still nowhere to be seen, I might have to contact the retailer and ask them what's happened to it!
    Welkamo
    Welkamo
    @Puddle Sure did! It arrived at 2, but I didn’t get to play it until 5 lol.
    Is the team in your signature the team you will be using in Brilliant Diamond?
    Puddle
    Puddle
    Yeah! That's my planned Hall of Fame team but I might switch things up a bit in the postgame.
    Decided to change my name from Puddle to Bastiodactyl in celebration of this Frankenmon Hallowe'en thing. But I might actually keep this as my name beyond Hallowe'en as well.
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    Your new name fits very well, we could say that you're a pioneer, you were a Frankenmon before everyone here :cool:.
    Puddle
    Puddle
    Haha, yes! Thanks :) After submitting the username change request I wondered if Aerodon would have been better, but apparently that's also the name of a World of Warcraft character and a nausea medication. :wynaut:
    I just accidentally pre-ordered two copies of Brilliant Diamond. No option to amend or cancel the order. I could really use Dialga's time-controlling powers right about now...
    lisianthus
    lisianthus
    sorry man! that's really terrible...but in that case make the most of it, i guess. a sealed copy could do well someday who knows?
    or just give it to a family member.
    Puddle
    Puddle
    I have contacted customer support asking to amend or cancel the order, but haven't had a response yet. Hopefully they'll be in touch soon. If they send me both copies, I can get a refund on one of them but I have to pay the return postage, so I'd much rather cancel it before it's despatched.

I did think about selling it on eBay so I can get the money back without paying postage - or I have some friends in Scotland who were planning on only getting Legends: Arceus, so I could send it to them as a gift.
    Puddle
    Puddle
    I just had an email back from the company and they've amended the order for me. Thank goodness!
    Am I the only one who keeps accidentally taking Ditto out of the Nursery in Sword and Shield? I ask for my other Pokemon back, then accidentally select "yes" when the lady asks me if I want to take Ditto too. Then I have to pay another P500 to put it back in. :wynaut: I can avoid this mistake by scrolling through the text with the B button instead of the A button, but sometimes I forget.
    I only just discovered that there's a way to view Pokemon's stat changes during battle in Sword and Shield. I honestly thought they'd removed that feature!
    Thank you to everyone who has given me Clefable hugs recently, I appreciate it! :bulbaLove: I think feeling run-down after my COVID jab was affecting my mood. I'm feeling a bit more optimistic about things now that I'm back to my usual healthy self!
    WyndonCalling
    WyndonCalling
    I've only had my first so far, and was lucky enough to not get the worst side-effects... but when people tell you that you'll likely get a sore arm they REALLY undersell just how sore your arm will be.
    Puddle
    Puddle
    It was my first vaccine too. "Sore arm" is, indeed, a bit of an understatement! Besides the sore arm, and feeling shivery on the first night, I was fine; but then about a week later I started getting headaches and fatigue, which lasted a few days.
    It's just occured to me how brilliant Pokemon Showdown's custom sprites for Gens 6, 7 and 8 are. A lot of them look like they could have been made by Game Freak.
    A Pokemon Legends game set in medieval Galar would be super cool.
    All I can think about when I hear this song is how it would be a perfect theme for a stadium battle in Sword and Shield. It even has crowd sound effects. In my headcanon, this is the theme other trainers hear when they challenge me and my Gigantamax Butterfree in the Champion Cup.

Reactions: Fan of Jarrus
    Fan of Jarrus
    prog rocker
    prog rocker
    Now that I think about it, I wonder why there are few games were you can use a custom soundtrack. The only ones that come to mind are Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle and J-Stars Victory VS.
    Does anyone else find it hard to stick to one playthrough at a time, sometimes? I'm in the middle of a Sword playthrough but now I'm getting the urge to start Omega Ruby again...
    WyndonCalling
    WyndonCalling
    I definitely experience early/mid-game disinterest a lot more these days - nowadays I revisit games to create quite specific experiences (such as a Nuzlocke or solo run) and once I've gotten the gist of it there's often little point in seeing it through to the end.
    Emmy
    Emmy
    I try not to as I know if I do it leads me to have a bunch of games left incomplete for ages unless I desperately feel the urge to go back to them.
    Esserise
    Esserise
    I'm lucky if I can even make it to the start of all the playthroughs that I sit and plan out! It's like part of me really wants to delve into another go with Sword, but then there's another part of me that has developed team plans for a run through *all* of the 3DS titles... while I'm already playing Sword with my wife and Ultra Sun on my own! So who knows how many of these plans will even come to fruition.

(In my defense, my current Ultra Sun playthrough has an explicit purpose; I'm trying to discover and document all of the sub-events that are scattered throughout the game. I have not been able to find a comprehensive list of them online, nor have I experienced them all for myself, so I decided to take matters into my own hands... except it didn't take long for me to remember how much I like the Alola games, causing me to get sucked into the playthrough more earnestly. The outfit I created for the protagonist is so cute! And I like taking pictures here and there with the Poké Finder/Alola Photo Club. All that stuff is making me take a lot longer than I would have if I had just stuck to the mission, lol.)
    I am worried about joy con drift because I make lots of curries.
    Reactions: Boss1708
    Fan of Jarrus
    Fan of Jarrus
    That's fine.
    Poke Dragon
    Poke Dragon
    I'm used to playing with the joycon drift, it may seem annoying sometimes, but the only reason why I didn't send my joycons to Nintendo to fix again or bought new ones is because they haven't permanently fixed the issue.
    Puddle
    Puddle
    Yeah, it almost doesn't seem worth repairing or replacing them if the same problem could occur again. Plus the fact, if I send my joy cons off for repair I won't be able to play my games until they come back! I've found ways of adapting to the drifting - for example, sometimes I'll wait a few seconds before selecting a move to make sure it isn't going to drift and make me choose the wrong one. Occasionally, the drifting actually works in my favour - I was in the Wild Area and my character started running forwards on his own, and I was able to "steer" using just the right stick (this has actually always been my preferred way to navigate the Wild Area, but usually I would have to push the left stick forwards as well).

Scrolling through menus can be a pain, but they've never been the most exciting part of the game anyway. It's been an intermittent problem for me: I get more drifting on some days than others.
    I just realized that all the Pokemon getting Galarian forms in the Crown Tundra (Slowking and the legendary birds) had prominent roles in The Power of One. Are Game Freak paying homage to the movie or is it just a coincidence?
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    Probably just a coincidence. I mean, Slowking was a given since Slobro got one.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom