• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Hidden Mew
Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thank you for all of the hard work you and the Mods put in policing the threads and trying to make them more comfortable for everyone. There are times that it can be overwhelming when you are enjoying the show and meet such negativity. it can really sap the enjoyment and sometimes I can't even bring myself to post anything, so I appreciate the voice of reason.

Thanks.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That's so sweet of you to say. Thank you and you're welcome. ^_^ I can definitely understand how overwhelming the section can be with its negativity. It honestly makes me a bit nervous to post what I like about Journeys too just because I don't want to be bombarded with reasons why I'm wrong for liking it. I can understand how all of the negativity would sap the enjoyment too since I've dealt with that for both Journeys and other series I like too. We want the section to be a place where everyone feels comfortable and just enjoy talking about the anime, but that is obviously not the case at the moment. We are trying to find solutions to make the section less toxic that will hopefully improve discussions.
    Happy birthday! :) Hope you have a nice 2021.
    Reactions: Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Thank you for the happy birthday wishes. ^_^ The year has still been rough all things considered, but I had a nice birthday at least, so that's always good.
    Reactions: Daren
    Happy b-day.

As per tradition, I'll share a piece of music. Since you said last year that you like listening to whatever catches your attention, hopefully this is going to. Just be warned it's 20 minute long.

Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Thank you so much for the birthday wishes and for the music. I haven't heard the whole video yet, but it does sound quite nice based on what I've listened to thus far.
    LazySpy
    LazySpy
    Glad you appreciate it. :^)
    Dream Theater is a fantastic band, this song is probably not only among my favourite of theirs, but in generall. Do recommend checking them out.
    It's still a few hours early, but I don't wanna forget to do it soooooo. Happy birthday, Mew! Hope that you end up having as good of a birthday that you can have!
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Thank you so much. ^_^ I had a really nice birthday and it is sweet that you wanted to make sure that you didn't forget about it too.
    Hope you managed to have a pleasant Thanksgiving, as well as past few months with life being....well 2020.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Eh, honestly I wouldn't even say the virus plays a role in all of this for me. I'd say I've been iffy for a good while, but certainly in a lesser mental health state at least as far back as August of last year.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That does sound pretty rough. I'm sorry that you've been dealing with this for so long. I don't know if there's anything I can do to help, but I hope that you feel better and are able to get more reassurance from your family too.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    It's probably just the feeling of loneliness, but eh it's a whatever I guess, and an it is what it is.
    have you had time to read my PM?
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I have. Sorry for not responding sooner. I've been a bit busy and I wanted to take some time with my response too. I'll hopefully be able to give you a proper response later today.
    dig
    dig
    No worries!
    I dunno how you feel about the new cards in Duel Links but, while it's cool they already added some of the D/D cards, I'm honestly loving the addition of the Malefic cards to the game. When you get a good starting hand they're such a quick deck to overpower, and win with.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Yeah it was unfortunately that way with me a few packs ago specially Chocolate Magician Girl. It had been in the second to last pack so it cost me a lot of my resources to pull it. To the point I had to make the decision to skip the following mini box. Yeah those two archetypes are bound to get much better once they receive more of their fusion monsters. The only thing with Frightfurs is they'll probably need to be held back until the next main box since there's too many signature cards for a mini box where they could dominated the SR and UR category. Yeah his main Pendulum card was pretty bland, but I did like the batch of the ones he had overall. They really help out the D/D series as a whole, and make it incredibly easy to spam all the summon types specifically. From what I saw of the mini game they'd had on the 3DS Pendulum in Speed Duels are the same as in a regular duel, pre Link format. That is with the 3 Spell/Trap zones, and then two Pendulum zones on the side.

Apparently when someone did a datamine at one point last year, in between the 5D's and the Zexal world was a DSOD world, which obviously did come to be, but also a Grand Championship world which I just really don't see happening. I'm sure as far as dialogue goes though a lot was probably done far in advance with the intention of the worlds coming eventually. Worst case scenario is there either would be no audio dialogue, or they'd just have to use generic "I summon a monster!" sayings for some key cards, sorta like how the redubbed that for Ed when he summons Destiny Hero Dangerous. I mean they have to evolve the game eventually to include Xyz summons, and by bringing in another summon type they'd surely drive up sales of packs and decks as people want to stay with the meta so they'd win with sales by doing it.

It's alright, not like its your fault. I mean as far as the virus goes it sorta messed with me for about 8 hours. I'd been fine in the morning, started getting one symptom after another in the afternoon, and evening and felt my body spiraling bad. Took some Nyquil before going to sleep, and then only felt very mildly sick the next two days. So really things were only rough for a few hours while sick at least. Unfortunately though I don't think things are going to cool down. I work in a beach town and with the beaches slated to be opened in time for Memorial day it's just going to bump things up here like crazy to go hand in hand with everything with the virus as well.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Sorry for not responding sooner. The past few weeks have been a lot. I hope that you're having a good Happy Birthday. It took me forever to get Chocolate Magician Girl myself, butI I've been using the Dark Magician Girls deck for both Carly and DSOD Yugi. It is really great and I can see why I would often have such a hard time against it in the PvP matches. It's been rough getting all of the event items for the past few events, but it was cool that they finally included Yugi in DSOD. I'm still expecting them to have Atem playable at some point. There must have been some issue with the Japanese audio because Yugi's lines aren't any different, while other characters have different lines when they duel him.

I'm glad that you were able to recover. That still must have been overwhelming to go through. I hope that things have gotten easier for you. Reopening is so scary to me now. Just reading the headline that Disneyland plans to reopen in July made my heart sank. I understand why people want businesses to reopen and hopefully they still follow safety guidelines, but considering that the virus has increased in quite a few states, including my own, and people throw a fit over having to wear a mask, I just worry that it will ultimately backfire and make more people sick in the long run.
    Reactions: Ebail
    Ebail
    Ebail
    It's cool, I can't, nor won't, get mad at you for needing to take some time before you respond, I mean after all the last few weeks have been very hectic for me as well. Whatever's been keeping you at bay, well I hope it's eased up for you by now. Thanks again, honestly it was just a rather uneventful day. Yeah a Magician Girl deck seems to be incredibly powerful whether against the AI, as they never seem to attack a Magician Girl due to their effect, or in PvP. Especially with all the copies of Dark Burning Attack we were able to obtain now. Yeah it was nice to finally see them include that version of Yugi. I've been using him for most duels lately. But really? I didn't know that since I've been back to playing in English while using him where he had all his updated lines. Most be an issue for sure.

I really don't know to be honest. This was before we'd really known about the virus being here much, and while it did feel like my body was hit by a truck it was only for a few days. I honestly took it, and thought as any other body cold I maybe get, and was treating it the same with what I took. My immune system is pretty good so I walked away just fine without a second thought. It certainly is a tough call that's for sure, I mean out here in NJ we'd easily kept stuff closed the longest. Restaurants are only opening for outdoor seating starting today, and places like barber shops aren't open for another week still. I am sorry to hear that the news of the reopening hit you so hard though. The mask wearing is surely annoying, as running around in the heat wearing them does surely make me sweat more, and make it a bit tough to breath at points but it's nothing worth throwing a fit over. With how people didn't want to adhere to distancing in grocery stores, nor care about how many people are in them at times I figure anything at this point will honestly be a backfire.
    Why isn't there any laugh react? PSB's locomotive example was chuckle worthy.
    Neo Blaze
    Neo Blaze
    Neo Blaze
    Neo Blaze
    @Panky.. The answer is gonna be no. There is not enough incentive to install such an emote. Although they may not directly convey the emotion of laughing at a joke, the Bulbasaur and Clefable emotes can be used to show affection as well. Please consider these to be the middle ground.

As for the misuse of emotes; the like system has been misused before so it's something we're cautious about. We've had enough experience to know that would not work out well.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Yeah, that was my exact worry about a laughing reaction to posts. I could just easily see it get out of hand and people using it as a way to belittle or insult people's posts that they don't agree with as opposed to just finding something funny. I think it would be too risky even for a trial run and I have seen emotes being misused before here and in other places, so that doesn't give me a lot of confidence that it would turn out better here.
    Wanna say that with all of what's going on now that I hope you, and those close to you all stay safe, well and healthy.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That's great that you've been able to grab paper goods. We're lucky if we can get napkins or paper towels at this rate. I'm sure some of the things would be hard to find with home delivery services. I'm sure that my Dad wouldn't be into that option for a few reasons, but it is still something we should consider to keep both of my parents safe. That sounds really stressful and rough. I'm sorry that it's been so physically draining for you. The situation has been hard for everyone, but it's been especially difficult for a lot of essential workers like in retail and doctors. I hope that you'll be okay. A part of me worries whenever I cough that I'm coming down with it or that I'm infecting myself whenever I accidentally touch my face, despite how I wash my hands with quite a bit of soap so frequently now. I think that's a combination of not wanting to get my parents sick and panicking over the estimated toll this is supposed to have on the country. I appreciate your reassurance though. I'm not sure if I'm tough exactly, but I'm a pretty healthy person and I've been doing my best to follow all of the safety guidelines, so hopefully that does help out in the long run. I want to be healthy for my family, for myself and to reduce the spread in general for everyone.
    Reactions: Ebail
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Well being there when a delivery comes in does always help. Even lets me get Clorox wipes and whatnot. But I can understand your guys situation, and frustrations if you can't come across any paper goods, I mean I keep seeing it with others constantly. We've only mostly been getting in a few packages a delivery. Really only enough for 7 or 8 customers. I can see why your parents would be opposed to home delivery for their groceries since my parents are like that. That is the main reason still why I try to grab whatever I can when at work since I'm there either way. At this point the physical is gone, I just feel more depressed than anything lately, but eh it is what it is I guess. It's understandable, I mean you keep hearing about how bad it is, at least over here anyway, so I get why you'd worry anytime you do the slightest thing that could make you think you're potentially sick. Well I'd say you seem tough enough, emotionally at least. I'm sure you'll but fine either way. And hopefully you have a good Easter tomorrow, I mean despite everything going on of course.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Getting something like Clorox wipes is pretty lucky. Fortunately, we've had better luck with paper towels and napkins earlier this week, but toilet paper is still way too hard to find. I think one reason why they don't want the home delivery option is because they only go out for grocery shopping and to walk Clancy, our puppy dog, with me. That is exactly what they should do when people shouldn't be going out unless it is something essential, but they also might now want to remove one of the few times they can get some fresh air. I'm sorry that you've been feeling more depressed lately. That is completely understandable of course, but I hope that you'll feel better soon. I'm not sure if I'm that emotionally tough either, but I appreciate the reassurance and being that confident in me. Thank you for the Happy Easter wishes as well. We were able to have a nice Easter Sunday. It was certainly different with everything going on, but it was still nice. I was still able to watch a televised mass with my Mom and I had some nice chocolate too.
    Welp, that's a wrap for Tangled. Great finale. With the series being over, we should be getting Season 3's soundtrack
    pretty soon now that the series has come to a close.
    Bummer to see it go though. With a couple of flaws aside, this is easily still a Top #3-Top #5 tier Disney Television Animation series in my book.
    6dt6n4C.png

xPp9BLU.png

2h8X1v7.png
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I just saw the finale and I loved it. It wrapped up everything pretty nicely, everyone got some kind of happy ending and I adored the final scene. Even though we already saw Rapunzel and Eugene's wedding, I kind of wish that we saw it in the style of the show now. This is easily the best animated series Disney Channel has made in ages and definitely one of the best ones in general. I'm going to miss it, but it was such a great ride and made me love the original movie even more.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    Agreed, and in what seems to be a mixed opinion in the fandom, I honestly thought Cassandra's betrayal arc was fine. If anything, maybe I woulda tweaked it to where she realized she goofed up at the end of the midseason and would be trying to make up for it for the remainder of the series, but it's not a dealbreaker for me imo.

Anywho, Season 3's soundtrack is out now.
    Amazon product ASIN B08595837LView: https://www.amazon.com/Rapunzels-Tangled-Adventure-Plus-Music/dp/B08595837L/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=rapunzel%27s+tangled+adventure+music&qid=1583505376&sr=8-3

View: https://open.spotify.com/album/7y9MPw7xXw4FYZJFZDZVeP

Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Yeah, I was not expecting Cassandra's betrayal to result in some pretty extreme reactions from other fans. I thought that it was fine as well. While I wouldn't have seen it coming before the end of season two, I think that they were setting up for it pretty much from the start of the series. The reason for Cassandra's betrayal was tied into her desire for glory and to stand out, which was established as early as the Challenge of the Brave episode. Even the notion that Cassandra was Gothel's biological daughter was a common fan theory during at least season one. There was a lot of setup for the betrayal that I think was only clear in hindsight, so that was a big reason I was fine with it. To be fair, Cassandra did endanger a lot of innocent people, including her friends, so I can understand why that would get people more upset, especially when she wasn't being directly controlled. She was being emotionally manipulated and pushed into the role of the villain by Zhan Tiri, but Cassandra was still in control of her actions.

It might have helped if Cassandra at least questioned who the ghost girl was before she found out that she was Zhan Tiri. I thought it was interesting and sad how Cassandra was so consumed with her anger and sadness that she genuinely didn't realize that she was the bad guy until she had already caused so much damage. Waiting until the season finale to realize that she was in the wrong would have felt too rushed, but having Cassandra slowly start to question herself at least after the mid-season finale would have helped. It still wasn't a huge problem for me. Cassandra's villain arc was fine. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't terrible either. It made sense with Cassandra's character and was pretty key for multiple character arcs and the series as a whole. I've seen people argue that the betrayal wasn't necessary, which is just mind boggling to me. The main focus of season three was Rapunzel trying to save Cassandra and defeat Zhan Tiri for good. Not to mention it was pretty important for Rapunzel, Cassandra Varian's character arcs too. I can understand not liking how Cassandra's villain arc was handled, but saying that it wasn't necessary doesn't make much sense to me.

That's cool that they already have the soundtrack for season three out. There were a lot of great songs during this season. I'll have to check it out later. I wish that they'd release the series on DVD box sets, but at least I can buy the seasons off of Amazon or iTunes whenever I want to rewatch the series.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom