• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
CynthiaLover
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Well, I just learned that my mom has Covid. And this is on top of her recovery from hip replacement surgery. She feels she got it from either the hospitals she's been in or dad bringing it home from school. Either way this puts a new wrinkle on things for us. Makes me worried I might have it as I've been around her, helping her through her recovery, though I don't feel any symptoms right now. Of all the timing... as if mom didn't have enough problems already. I hope it'll pass quickly.
    Hey your profile says "Scorbunny fan " and I kinda wanted that sign on my profile. how did u get it?
    $Emperor
    $Emperor
    Also how do i put a little caption under my name?
    sry i'm new
    CynthiaLover
    CynthiaLover
    Well, to get the caption, you have to go into your account (which is clicking your username in the upper right corner) and access the "account details" and you can type in a "title" in the designated spot. As for the Scorbunny tag, I was just given it after a certain point since I had the "Scorbunny fan" tag for a while. I don't know much else about that as it was just given to me one day, but I assume it's because I had the Scorbunny Fan tag, but I'm not 100% sure how to acquire it now, as when I first got the Scorbuny fan tag it was at least last year. My only guess is to check your various account settings and see if there is a segment for it, since I haven't done anything with it since Sword/Shield were first revealed. Hope that helps.
    $Emperor
    $Emperor
    ok thx
    what did you feel was so bad about SM, if you don't mind me asking? Ash's design was pretty meh, but his character and the saga itself improved as it went on with some nice development for the cast and their pokemon.
    CynthiaLover
    CynthiaLover
    The series as a whole was horrid. The animation was an eyesore, Ash getting hit by the dum-dum ray again and being treated as a butt-monkey after his glorious showing in Kalos was a huge slap in the face, the other "main characters" were annoying as hell with over-the-top antics, it had some of the cheapest wins in the series to date (Rowlet's sleeping habits should've cost Ash the league like Charizard did way back in Kanto), Lillie veered right into unsympathetic territory due to the fact that Lusamine had changed for the anime but Lillie's animosity toward her didn't, the League itself was underwhelming and pathetic (the final bout only being a 3-on-3 instead of a 6-on-6?! Hell, the only 6-on-6 match in the entire series was Ask VS Kukui), and the humor and slapstick was overblown and overly exaggerated to the point it wasn't even funny. I may like a good gag dub like Samurai Pizza Cats, but after the incredible Kalos League the entirely of SM was a big, fat insult and a huge middle finger to long-time fans like me. I was only able to watch four episodes before quitting because it was just that atrocious. Even BW was better than SM and I hated and avoided that series like the plague. That's my reasoning for hating SM with a fiery passion that could burn a Charizard to ashes.
    $Emperor
    $Emperor
    You know that's actually pretty true, some of the other " people " were so cringy.
    I have your Pokemon ready, but in case of Spritzee, do you need it evolved? I realized I don't have the item required to evolve it. Is that still okay with you?
    D
    Hi, it says i have you followed on here. I have a crush on Korrina like you do on Cynthia, so it may be fun to talk about crushes with you xD
    Saw that you're quitting Pokemon? Any particular reason? Possibly the move to the Switch? Just curious. Hope you're doing well :)
    CynthiaLover
    CynthiaLover
    It's because I can't afford a Switch in multiple senses, so once Pokemon shifts to the Switch, I won't be able to shift with it. Plus there are no games on the Switch that I'm interested in to make it worth the costs (I have a policy: when buying a game console, there has to be at least 3 games that I want to make it worth the purchase). So USUM are pretty much my last Pokemon games because of it. I'm not outright quitting, I just won't be able to effectively continue playing the series after USUM.
    DoctorWhy
    DoctorWhy
    Sorry to hear that - I don't blame you. I'll end up buying a Switch eventually, probably when Pokemon comes out, but I definitely would prefer a dedicated handheld 3DS successor. I'm glad the Switch is successful and all, and I think a console-handheld hybrid is cool, but there's something special about the clamshell handheld that I'll miss. I'm really hoping they release a handheld-only/handheld-optimized Switch Mini around the price of a New 3DS.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom