Bulbagarden

Galactic_V
Galactic_V
I knew you were gonna ask me xDD Was just waiting for it. It's Nyasu (Meowth)'s Galar evolution. I have no idea what the English name is.

Thing is, I was gonna post the pictures instead but the chances of getting a Ninja'd were big since it's a somewhat time-consuming process. I'd edit the post and add the pics if you didn't ask me here xD
EternalPokéFanGirl
EternalPokéFanGirl
Oh now I understand, I tried to Google it but I only got Nidoking :ROFLMAO:. It's English name is Perrserker and in this case the English version definitely wins, the Japanese name is a bit unoriginal, it's literally called Meowthking :LOL:. Posting pics is a little too much work, if I had not asked it meant that I had understood everything :).
Galactic_V
Galactic_V
Yeah, Perrserker does sound better. According to Bulbapedia Nyaiking is a combination of "nyaa" (the Japanese purr), viking and king xD

Anyway there's another reason I avoid using English names too, because they get mixed up with the Japanese ones in my head. Think about it, there's almost 900 Pokemon by now, and to be honest I don't remember most of them anymore (especially since I play other franchises much more than Pokemon), thus keeping up with 900 Japanese names is already tough, imagine keeping up with two times that number? It's impossible! And those mix-ups are very annoying, when you wanna remember a certain Pokemon's name and you can't, or when only the English name pops up.
EternalPokéFanGirl
EternalPokéFanGirl
I wanted to answer before but my internet was bad, yes I understand that it can be a bit tricky. You, as a person who knows many languages, would you say that the more languages you learn, the more difficult it is to learn another? :unsure:, I think both situations are similar.

And about the next avatar game, I was actually going to say it but Chidamari said it first. The joke was funny the first few times but now it looks out of place.
Galactic_V
Galactic_V
I was about to stop doing it actually. Anyway it was all for fun, I really don't take that section seriously, I just go there to have laughs and stuff (I've been facing some predicaments in my life, at least it's a place I can forget I share the apartment with someone I don't even talk to anymore for instance).

About the languages, it depends. If I know English and Japanese, for eg, and I wanna learn French (and I actually do) it's not, since the three languages are much different. Now I taught myself Spanish when I was younger (indirectly, since I learned it by playing games), then improved it at middle and high school, growing a stale basis. Then a few years later I decided to learn Italian, which is VERY similar to Spanish, then yeah, it was hard. The mix-ups were constant, I'd confuse pronouns all the time, forget them (I remember using "Ella" in Italian, which is supposed to be "Lei"), etc...
EternalPokéFanGirl
EternalPokéFanGirl
I though that the short-haired character in your signature was a woman :ROFLMAO:.
Galactic_V
Galactic_V
Really? xD I do have this problem, don't I? Drawing female-looking hero characters. It's funny because I got so used drawing mostly girls that some of the guys are coming up somewhat androgynous now. Anyway there was the first time I tried characters with lips (to try to diverge a little bit from the traditional anime style), so maybe that helped.
EternalPokéFanGirl
EternalPokéFanGirl
Yes, drawing male characters is difficult for me as well :ROFLMAO:.
Back
Top Bottom