EternalPokéFanGirl
Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• do I get thrown in a dark cave filled with dark type Pokemon if i don't use Lunala?
    --just kidding--

might change Thursday and Friday - then use Espeon on Saturday since it will be Espeon Day, Sunday back to non Pokemon for another day

haven't decided between Gaturro, Måns, Şerafettin, Hugo (Jungledyret) Roman Zorro, Tom, Scratchy, or Katnip - a few to guess in 'what user will use next avatar' topic
    If curious,
    I might be known for loving metal music and rock n' roll (they are different)... dislike the others – I really do dislike popular music 'pop music' and 'new wave' and 'disco' to keep the 'rock n roll' stereotype, do like a couple songs, not all

For 'rap' thing, mainly dislike since it reminds me of an uncle who tried to 'force to me to listen to it because he listens to it', reminds me of that. he was a bit mean and aggressive if disagreed with.. half to most of the time I can't understand what they say, even if the songs in English

My most favorite genre of 'metal' called 'Folk Metal' also mixes tradtional instruments and history, lots of classical music mixed in from where ever the band is from, and most times they sing in their own language.
    I do listen to all sub genres of Metal.
    Do kind of dislike the sub genre of 'Black Metal' its more of 'shrieking' than 'singing'

Ohhh, and yes, I do listen a lot to the national anthems of every country, my hard drive has about 40 GBs of various recordings vocal and instrumentals
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    I wasn't expecting it but thanks for sharing your tastes with me, that situation with your uncle is terrible, trying to force someone to like the same things you do is awful, and downright immature, sorry about that. I usually don't listen to Rap or Hip Hop, maybe some songs, but in some cases it's great when those genres are mixed with others, and it's amazing how fast rappers pronounce the words o_O.

I didn't know about Folk Metal but it sounds interesting, honestly I haven't heard many national anthems but it would be interesting to do it some day. I also love listening to Rock and Metal, but I probably don't have as much knowledge as you :LOL:, in my case I do like Pop, especially old Pop. Also Opera, a genre in which we hear the human voice in all its glory, and I love romantic ballads, both in English and Spanish, generally Spanish romantic ballads are a bit more dramatic, but I guess most Latin Americans are that dramatic, including myself, is what I listen to most of the time as I write here :D.

And Mariachi, at this point that genre belongs to all Latin America, not just Mexico. I don't remember if you've said it before but, what's your opinion about Mariachi music? I'm curious, I remember you said you didn't like it but I'm not sure.
    Jyo
    Jyo
    No worries, will give more ideas for 'lie' 'known' and 'banned' topics at times

even if I say I don't like pop-music, its not every song just a couple, as a few I do hear....

rap/hip-hop I never got into it, having troulbe understanding them even if I speak English, and bad experiences from other family members, made me stay away from it. Too much swearing, that 'regeton' also fits in, to my ears its basically 'rap in Spanish'
    when I visited Mexico in 2006, almost every one was hearing it, when it got popular, it never caught my attention

Folk Metal a sub genre I been listening for about 3 years, searching for music that was not in English from countries where English is not their first language.... such as searching for bands from Hungary, searching for some that sing in Hungarian, not in English.
    my most listenined to sub genre of metal almost no one likes, called Death Metal, loud guitars, bass, drum, singer sounds like they are growling/roaring instead of singing

Yes, I do listen to national anthem, no matter which country it is, I do love hearing them in football games.

those soft 'ballads' I do remember it, lots of music bands from same sub-genre 'hair metal' always had to have a ballad on them (such as Poison, Cinderella, Winger, Warrant, White Lion, Stryper, Motley Crue).
    Some pop music and wave from the 80's and 90's I do like, most pop music I don't like is from the 2000 to today, my most favorite non-metal songs are
    Elastica - “Connection”
    Cheech and Chong - “I'm Not Home Right Now”
    Whale - “Hobo Humpin Slobo Babe”

When replying on forums, I'm mainly watching YouTube.
    Most of my music listening is when drawing, or on my Mondays when I take the bus to work.

Your right on that, might not listen to it on my own, not a fan of Mariachis, I won't say anything bad about it
    I do get a bit sad hearing it, since my grnandma loved it, kind of emotional reason every time I hear it in restaurants or stores

to be honest... my most favorite song in Spanish is:
    Metal,
    “Guerreros del Arcoiris” by Rata Blanca
    non metal:
    “Pelo Suelto” by Gloria Trevi
    Jyo
    Jyo
    otras preguntas? feel free to ask, will share as a different VM post
    There's a new Cars series?
    it was about saying that BDF will soon be getting rid of Lucario and would make you smile and be glad it was gone - for some reason Chida thought it was too mean, I, got rid of that part of the message to remain friendly and nice
    Neat theme. Mina's one of my favorite Trial Captains. Aside from both bein' an artist and the Fairy representative, Mina has the kind of personality that I wish I have, being all chill, even-tempered, and lackadaisical. Like a hippie except without the pretentiousness.
    Based on you leaving a like on that song I posted, have you watched Breaking Bad by any chance?
    Reactions: EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    No, sorry, I don't have Netflix but I've heard that it's very good. I liked the song because is catchy and here in Latin America the part "ese compa ya está muerto, nomás no le han avisado" (but that homie's death, he just doesn't know it yet) is a very well-known meme and thanks to your comment I listened to the whole song and discovered that it came from Breaking Bad, it took me by surprise :LOL:.
    LazySpy
    LazySpy
    Ahhh, I see, well, anyways, you should absolutelly watch that show if you will ever manage to get a Netflix subscription, it's one of my favourites (and I'm only on season 3 out of 5) for all the good reasons. Writing wise it's like a 7 or 8 out of 10, easilly a 9 in terms of my enjoyment.
    Wow, that Exeggutor meme was interesting. I didn't even know about that.
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    Thank you, I found the meme while looking for an Alolan Exeggutor artwork for the "Post an image of the above Pokémon" game. I already knew that fact thanks to a YouTube video, and the first time I saw it I was quite surprised o_O.
    Hey, answering your question from the "What's the user above known for?" (I think it's better to do it here than there).

To get things straight, you mean why people say "Yungerah" and not "Yungeller", or why Japanese people say "Edowahdo" and not "Edward", right? To be honest I'm not sure myself, but I gotta guess that's it got something to do with the katakana vocabulary (which is used mostly for foreign words and follows how a word sounds).

Something I'm sure of is that they have a hard time pronouncing Ls, for eg. I'll give an example: one of my Sorrow characters is named Lucy Scorge. Her name in Japanese'd be ルーシー・スコージ (Ruh - shi Sukoh - ji). Their R sounds is not the same as the English Rs though, it's a far weaker sound (more likely the Portuguese and Spanish ones, like the "R" in "lampara"). It's interesting that because of this the term "Engrish" was created lol (when Japanese people speak\write English really badly).

Idk why but Jyo Rose keeps insisting that the kana version is supposed to be the right one, though I'm not sure whether he's joking or not lol Sometimes I think he is and others not.

Anyway something else I was say yesterday but for some reason didn't. There was a rumor that Disney was producing a new El Chavo series for Disney +, and people were discussing it. In my opinion it makes no sense. I mean, El Chavo is not very well-known in the US, so Disney'd produce it to appeal only for the latino market? Every time I asked for a character in those game threads, most people here didn't seem to know what I was talking about (other than you, of course). Besides, would they rename it "The kid"? lol
    • Gold Star
    Galactic_V
    Galactic_V
    Sorry for taking some time to respond you, and doing so so late (it's 2 AM now lol), but I've been working on my birthday art for the last few hours. Soon you'll know more or less how I look like (even though it's a retroactive art, so it's not me from 2021, but me from 2010 lol I'm drawing myself as a teenager in the picture). Right now I'm just thinking what you (and the others for that matter) believe I look like. Am I blond? Am I brunette? Am I pale? Tanned? Blue-eyed? Green-eyed? Long haired? Short haired? lol (tbh I do have somewhat of a curiosity of how you, and the other guys, look like)

Anyway, yeah, it's always good to ask someone who lives in Japan or who is fluently in Japanese (I base myself a lot on Dogasu. As far as I know he's been living in Japan for the last 10 years or so, so he's got an extensive knowledge on a bunch of subjects). And lol, Jyo doesn't know me well enough then. I wouldn't write something like that if I wasn't certain. When I'm not sure of what I'm saying I tend to add "I think", or "I believe", I'd never say "Known for needing to study Japanese" or "What you're saying makes no sense" otherwise.

For Chaves (er, I know you dislike this name, but for me it's so weird saying El Chavo), the only way it could be real was only if it was popular in the US, which as far as I know it's not. And with the whole issue with Televisa (which's worldwide), the Disney thing becomes even closer to a rumor. There was one these days that Chaves'd go to Globoplay (a Brazilian streaming service), but it was soon debunked lol It's just like you said, any news regarding Chaves goes to every media possible. It manages to be popular to this day! With all age groups. Quico's Brazilian voice actor has a Youtube channel and, lol, people are always bombarding him to say Quico's catchphrases or talk about the show (and he doesn't know that much!), if he's not careful his whole live becomes a Chaves live, one hour straight only talking about Chaves lol He usually complains about that.
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    Don't worry, sometimes it takes me years to respond :ROFLMAO:, there's no rush. I think we're all curious at some point about how the others really look, you mentioned once that you had blue eyes, in my case I have black hair, black eyes and my skin is slightly tanned, but I don't think I will ever post a photo of me on the forum, even if I had a really good photo I'm too shy for that :LOL:.

About the name Chaves, that was just a joke, I have nothing against the name, what I find curious is that the name means Keys, how are keys related to El Chavo? :unsure:. What you tell me about the brazilian actor of Quico reminds me a lot of how latin fans treat the actor of Goku, always asking him to say Goku quotes, and when there's a top of voice actors, whether made by fans or not, he's always number one, something that surely wouldn't happen if he wasn't Goku. But of course the actor is very talented and has other incredible roles, like for example playing Jim Carrey in most of his movies (in fact playing Jim Carrey in general is his favorite role).
    Galactic_V
    Galactic_V
    That's fine, I won't too. There's no reason for others to know how I look lol I'm still expecting one of your drawings though. And about taking years to respond, there's still our chat lol

Chaves (pronounced "Sha - vees") is not in the meaning of "keys", it's because it's a popular Brazilian last name. I remember reading somewhere that they preferred to choose a popular surname for the title character instead of going only by "O menino" or something else (not mentioning it is similar to Chavo). I remember calling it "Keys" when I was learning English years ago lol, to friends, etc... As in, "Have you wached Keys?", lol Anyway I did watch some episodes in Spanish, before the whole Televisa issue, and I don't really like it xD Other than being a very old sound, sometimes it's hard for me to understand what the characters say. I'd much rather my local dub.

About Goku, lol, I'm a little biased towards my local dub because our VA is basically treated as a God and Son Goku himself! For me it's ridiculous since the "original" Goku will always be Nozawa Masako, but I can understand the reason of some people not being able to get used to his Japanese voice. Idk, I'm not a fan of how voice actors (or dubbers, since what they do is dubbing, not creating new voices) are treated by fans as celebrities nowadays. I really like their work (even if I don't watch anything dubbed anymore, other than Chaves, of course), however some things are kind of frustrating (like when they start to feel like they are the character themselves). I don't know if I'd like Aria's future Brazilian dubber to be calling herself Aria for example. But yeah, it works the same over there xD
    Something silly funny happen to me
    Not long from this message

Replying to Ban Topic
    I missed the bus.
    Typing by time I looked up, bus I was going to catch had left.
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    It seems you had a bit of bad luck today, be careful with that :LOL:. I was going to ask you something on your profile but since you're here I will ask, you really had no idea who my avatar was?, maybe it's because she's a DC character :ROFLMAO:.
    The avatar and title you currently have are probably the scariest ones yet. In the best way possible.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom