D
Local time
8:13 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Well the one thing is that I am now back in the emergency department as opposite to ICU so in that sense, though no one would describe A&E as calm lol, I am much happier! I’m very glad you got your second dose but DAMN you’ve run out of people wanting the vaccine that quickly?! I didn’t realise there would be so much reluctance where you are! What is driving it?

Haha omg your description cracked me up - so so relatable :ROFLMAO: Have you got anything planned for it other than sleeping, eating etc?

Omg I think Legends looks phenomenal, my only concern is that I now have the means but not necessarily the time to play it… (I am yet to start Pt that I bought for Christmas…) Was there a new trailer for BDSP? And what are your thoughts?
    :confused_emoji:

Meanwhile I’ve just had the worst set of night shifts since starting this job thanks to a sudden and totally predictable influx of sick covid patients… UK govt obvs still in self-congratulation mode tho for removing all restrictions!

Omg an air fryer!! Yeah definitely marry that mate because an opportunity like that comes around just once in a lifetime. 3 weeks off sounds dreamy and I wish you a speedy August to get there.
    Ugh, sorry, sounds like Barbados is having a terrible time of it. How's vaccinating going over there? I imagine this hurricane would have caused serious disruption to that too. I hope your week off does you some good.

Haha yes thank you! And I've kept both my maiden name and obviously my professional title, so I remain Dr SS :p
    Well the funny thing (or perhaps not so funny…) is that whilst we are now very much in a third wave of covid, the government is hellbent on fully removing restrictions on July 19th, although the vaccination programme has a way to go, so… I am not hype for the shitstorm I’m certain will abound at work in the coming months but oh well.

In other news we finally tied the knot! It was a lovely day and I am in newly wedded bliss lol. I feel now like all my worries that I was splurging on here before have been reassured and things are going really happily :giggle:

What news with you?
    Thank you, and I'm so happy you've had your first jab! The first step for you for all this crap to be over! I will likewise pray for a bountiful supply of vaccines at least until you've had your second :p

I will keep an eye out for any nice gals heading your way and make you a recommendation (though... I must admit that they are few and far between especially given the total lack of international travel atm lol). Even as a maximal extrovert I found dating to be such an absolute gut-wrench that I nearly just gave up and accepted singledom so many times, so I can only imagine the struggle. Even though there's no logic to it however, I do truly believe that people who want to find love will find it even (or maybe especially) when they don't go looking for it, so if you are that way inclined I'm certain someone amazing will come and drag you away against your will :ROFLMAO:
    No Groudon?! Yeah that is a lame volcanic eruption.

I'm glad things are quieting down for you. I think with all this covid crap work (or maybe everything?) feels even more intense/overwhelming than usual. Work stuff has deffo eased for me too since covid 2nd wave badness. We're slowly reopening in the UK, though in the early phases of a third wave so that's a bit on pause again haha, but I feel like progress is being made especially wrt vaccinating which feels like the endgame rn.

Thank you so much for your input on the introversion stuff :bulbaLove: You have mentioned about it before but as you say screen powers make online communication so different! (What's uncanny is that V's also an accountant lol.) I think you're right that the balance works and that he often has fun despite himself when I've dragged him out. He's also pretty clear about his boundaries RE time and space which is so helpful in reminding me to let him be. As you say, communication is key! We're pretty good but sure there is work to be done to make it even better going forwards.

If it's not too nosey to ask, how do you fare on the dating scene being an introvert? V and I got introduced through mutual friends which forced his hand a bit lol.
    V beat the Monster Hunter game in a weekend so I can't imagine it's all that tbh :p I get you RE the remake art style, like it's nostalgic for sure but I'm not sold on it compared with the styles used in Let's Go/SwSh/Legends.

OMG what is this volcano shit?! Sounds like Team Magma is running amok over there?! Stay safe, what a nightmare with asthma as well... Hope the sun emerges before the next time you log into the forums...
    Fan of Jarrus
    Fan of Jarrus
    What are the Monster Hunter games like?
    ii kanji
    ii kanji
    Pal I have no clue, just that my other half loves it (or at least really loved it as a kid and felt the need to relive that as a grown-ass adult and found it a little easy this time around). Our man Foxy over here also hasn't played them. If you pick it up though, let us know how you find it!
    Yes! Finally beat ORAS, did all the stuff I wanted and put it back down (screw catching them all). I have to admit I am yet to start Pt... The good/bad thing is that V has bought a Switch (for some (other) dumb monster hunting game) so come June I am going to have the ability to also play the new games... How will I ever catch up now?! I am psyched for Legends though, that is the game I really wanted to play when I saw the trailers!

Haha I can so relate RE groceries... I'm glad things are improving in Barbados though. Things are also much better here. We just shut the covid ICU last week and are kind of headed back to normality. I think/hope it helps that we've had a really good vaccine rollout here. Yes, thank heavens, I've had my 2 now, as has my granny, and my parents have both had first doses. Hopefully you'll get yours soon!

And yes Happy Easter!!! Any other news with you? How goes the number crunching?
    Yeah the EXP share is broken in this game too. Pretty much since I picked the game back up again in winter, my team has been consistently 20 levels higher than every opponent faced, including E4/champion. Surely blacking out must still exist though, because what would happen otherwise?! Omg though, the struggle to get Gyarados back in RBY, the kids will never understand!

I'm sorry, that's shit :( (Apparently literally as well as figuratively, lol?! I liked your toilet joke too buddy.) We've been in a state of utter chaos too. No hospital beds, no ICU beds, no ventilators .etc. This week even one of my colleagues in the same department died of covid. I didn't know them well but I felt so sorry for the staff that did who just had to carry on working like nothing had happened...

Will this 'pause' make much of a difference to your day to day life?
    Maybe you’d be right if the game was so damn easy. I’ve not faced a single hard fight yet and I haven’t done even a second’s worth of grinding!

I’ve just sat down for the first time on my night shift (it’s 7:11am...) so suffice to say I don’t have any happy news to tell you from here. Why is your office shut again?! I mean I guess if there is covid in the community then it is the safe thing to do but I get your frustration...

I put on 5kg since covid and I can’t really be arsed to do anything about it... oh well! I accept these newly fattened regions as the first signs of middle age :p
    Excuse me how dare you be rude about my baby Dustox?!

NGL it did bring me to tears :p I've been lucky not to have my leave cancelled over Christmas but honestly I am just feeling a little burnt out and fragile at this point that even these little things are painful... Also I got an email on NYE telling me my vaccination slot was also cancelled so... Anyway, hopefully that'll be at some point soon! Damn I'm sorry things are worse on your end as well though. It's harder than I'd have thought to enjoy days off caused by covid, but make the most of it I guess?

20lbs weight is always worth it for good food, let's be real.
    Thank you, you may be right. You know what I did finally succeed in doing was entering a contest, which for some reason Wouldn't Work on previous attempts. My Dustox was very cute and poisonous but came second to a freaking Zubat lol.

Haha I know the feeling, where are the days running to?! What made me feel this even moreso was an email with the subject: 'Annual Leave Revoked - COVID Surge Rota' :cry: This shit just needs to end. HOWEVER I am getting my first dose of vaccine on Jan 1st so I feel like this is heralding a better year to come!

Yeah something tells me that Christmas ain't gonna get better at this stage of life... Mmm sounds delish, I'll let you know when I am coming to Barbados and you can save some food for me ;)
    I reached Lilycove already (thanks for your show of faith there chum) because that submarine man gave me a ride there for free so I can go watch Team Aqua use his submarine to wake The Beast.

Of course I'm psychic ;) I had a good Christmas thanks, can't believe it's my last one at home with the family without V bothering me lol! London is back in lockdown but luckily I had some leave, which the hospital kindly did not cancel (since we're going onto a crisis roster next week due to Much Covid Badness...) I'm also feeling much more like myself. I did a course of online CBT and even though it was annoying I'm shocked at how much it helped get me out of that funk.

How was your Christmas? Not your best ever I'm guessing, but hopefully had some quality time with the family?
    It's nearly Christmas and I'm still on this long route after Fortree City... Don't think I'm gonna be in a position to start Platinum on 25th :confused:

Hope you're doing ok anyway pal, thought you'd probably end up on here in the next few days if you have some time off lol. As ever, ping me a PM if you need a chinwag.
    I'd quite like a pill that enables time travel myself, so if I find one don't worry you'll be the first person I tell :p

Honestly, now the exam is done and there is no good excuse to be miserable anymore, I am coming to realise that revision made me happy and gave me purpose if anything - how fked up is that?!

Remind me, did you enjoy S/S and did you play the first DLC and did you like it if so? Whether I complete ORAS by Christmas remains to be seen, but as for Platinum it is too late - I have already purchased the game in anticipation trolololol.
    Tbh, a lot of what I prescribe to patients I'm sure works only by placebo...

I'm glad you've had some restful time off, you deserve it! Hope the remaining week or so is equally nice, don't let your brain start worrying about going back to work yet buddy.

Tbf the written exam felt ok, fingers crossed eh?! I've kinda just given up the fight RE the practical, cba with much more of this revision nonsense!

No Sinnoh remakes yet, I'm pretty sure even you couldn't hide from that news :p I would like to get Platinum.
    Oh no I can’t believe you were ill too! Was it the plague or some other bullshit? Please don’t catch anything this time around you need some R+R buddy...

I am completely recovered, though as you’ve guessed, the bloody thing managed to wreck my actual week of annual leave I’d taken, but never mind. One way or another I feel like it’s over and done with.

I only managed to rescue my DS charger recently and I am currently neck deep in revision for an exam (tomorrow) that I am certain to fail :p Definitely after my practicals in Oct I am kicking back and gallivanting round Hoenn - how else will I be ready for Sinnoh this Christmas otherwise?!
    Haha I'm glad to provide you with the emotional whiplash you'd otherwise be missing ;) And thank you for your wishes! It is nice to have an imaginary wedding to look forward to amidst all the other shit.

Ok in fairness to me, I haven't really played until this week since I moved to the flat because I'm now cycling to work as opposed to sitting on the train and playing Pokemon. So anyway I picked the game up this week and have finally extricated myself from what was as you say a pretty insignificant desert. And then my DS battery died and the charger is at the flat but I'm at home... TBC...

I'm ok actually! Daily fevers which is a bore but nothing very worrying and I'll be fully recovered soon I'm certain. The best thing is that I have scored 2 weeks off before I start a new job including skipping a set of weekend nights, woohoo! Hopefully me catching it means that in karmic terms you're safe. Take care ok?!
    so I legit haven't talked to you in probably like... nine years now? I'm VERY surprised you're still here. =O I wouldn't be surprised if you don't remember me, since I kinda disappeared from here years ago.

HELLO!
    Um, enjoy your week off :confused_emoji: Ditto RE 2020.

I got engaged! Although planning a wedding is obviously off the cards :p Otherwise same shit different day. Any news with you?

Don't you dare bash my baby Dustox! She's an MVP in a team of MVPs. If I'm honest I still haven't crossed the sea and am lost in that stupid freaking desert near Lavaridge Town...
    ii kanji
    ii kanji
    Oh! I too have managed to wangle a week off!
    By catching coronavirus :cry:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom