• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Neo Blaze
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So I know you're from the Netherlands (I think, I could be remembering wrong). If so, do you know the theme park in Kaatsheuvel called the Efteling? I've been two or three times.
    I was attacked by a cat today while delivering mail. I've heard of mailman-hating dogs, but not of cats acting like that. It scratched my index finger as soon as I put a letter through the mailslot :confused: It hurt and I started bleeding pretty heavily but thankfully I was able to finish my shift without staining any mail with blood (at least I hope so...). I should really start bringing bandages with me just in case.

Also, I was literally almost blown away delivering mail today :ROFLMAO: Strongest winds I've encountered in some time. At least no rain was involved thank goodness!
    Awkward moment of the day: I was sorting mail on the street (currently employed as a mailman) when I suddenly heard someone say "Hello!", so I cheerfully said hello back, and when I looked up I realized it was someone walking their dog but greeting their neighbor and it wasn't meant for me at all :bulbaFacepalm: Oops haha...
    Welkamo
    Welkamo
    That's happened to me so much lol. The other day, I was saying hi to someone's dog in a cutesy "hello there~:bulbaLove:" voice, only for the guy walking the dog to say "hi", and I realized he probably thought I was talking to him...
    Neo Blaze
    Neo Blaze
    Yeah I've had this stuff before too. Once while sitting in the waiting room at the hair salon, I noticed someone who was getting a haircut waving in my direction, so without thinking about it I waved back... only to realize they were waving at a relative also sitting in the waiting room :confused: And the bad part is that I tend to randomly recall this stuff years later.

But good to know I'm not the only one with awkward moments like that :LOL:
    I managed to get both Shiny doggos today and I love them :bulbaLove:
    Screenshot_20211022-220454_Gallery.jpg
    Thanks to my friend @Darth Darkrai with helping me claim Zacian, since its code only works in Shield which I don't have
    Welkamo
    Welkamo
    Ahhh I see. I'll try and see if I can go to Gamestop. I like doing that, though. It reminds of the Gen 7 era, when I picked up countless code cards for the Legendaries.
    Neo Blaze
    Neo Blaze
    I just checked and it appears that in the US, Zacian and Zamazenta have separate distributions at GameStop:

• Zacian: October 22 to November 11, 2021
    • Zamazenta: November 12 to November 26, 2021

Weird how the distribution is wildly different per country, but I hope you can get them too!
    Welkamo
    Welkamo
    I hope so, too! Thank you so much!
    Man, I think I've become addicted to the "The Kiffness" YouTube channel. For those who don't know, The Kiffness is a South African YouTuber who makes incredibly creative 2 to 3 minute songs from animal soundbites, the soundbites sometimes only being a few seconds long. But sometimes he also makes songs out of non-animal soundbites, such as the "One Pound Fish guy" from like 10 years ago, which has been stuck in my head all day.

Just puts a smile on my face. Here's his latest song:

So the Lego set I mentioned earlier this week that was on a bit of a delay finally arrived: it's the 6975 Alien Avenger (1997) from Lego's UFO theme. I always wanted to have this set because since childhood I've had a bit of an obsession with space (both real astronomy and science fiction) and the possibility of extraterrestrial life. I just think this set looks really awesome, and it also has some of the most detailed and interesting minifigures Lego has ever made.
    20210828_171523_resized.jpg

20210828_171555_resized.jpg
    Now I already have my eye on 3 more old Lego sets with a space theme, but those will have to wait since I already bought too much for now :enzap: But hey at least my inner child is satisfied.
    I'm currently reading Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time (well, A Briefer History of Time technically) and while I've always had an idea of how unfathomably large the universe really is, this bit really puts it into perspective (I translated this from my native language so forgive me for any possible slight inaccuracies):

Nowadays we know that the stars visible with the naked eye are only a very tiny fraction of the total number of stars. In the night sky we are able to witness about five thousand stars, which is only 0,0001% of all the stars in our own Milky Way galaxy. The Milky Way itself is only one of the more than one hundred billion galaxies we are able to observe with our modern telescopes. And every galaxy contains about one hundred billion stars on average. If one star was a grain of salt, all the stars visible with the naked eye would fit on a tea spoon, but all the stars in the observable universe together would be able to fill a sphere with a cross section of about 13km (roughly 8 miles).

boom-mind-blown.gif
    Two new Lego sets I ordered arrived today (well technically three, the octopus-riding skeleton is a separate set too), one old (second-hand) set from 2001 I wanted to have for a long time and the other being Kylo Ren's Shuttle, which is a nice companion piece to the Millennium Falcon I bought earlier this summer. I absolutely love both of these sets. I'm also awaiting another vintage Lego set (from 1997), that is on a bit of a delay but should arrive by the end of this week or early next week, so I can't wait for that (yeah, I think I've gone down a Lego rabbithole... :confused:)

Lego1.jpg
    Lego2.jpg
    LazySpy
    LazySpy
    This 2001 set... That's early Alpha Team, I had the exact same set! God, really brings me back.

I even still have the Mission Deep Freeze video game on my computer.
    Neo Blaze
    Neo Blaze
    Yep, Alpha Team. A really cool Lego theme if you ask me. Although Lego sets nowadays are more... "polished" if you will, a lot of these old Lego sets had a certain kind of charm and imagination over them that I just really like.
    LazySpy
    LazySpy
    Agreed, I'd say that's also applicable to the LEGO games.
    Like, I always seemed to preffer the old Harry Poter or the old Star Wars videogames to, say, the new Marvel ones, althrough, both are good... The older ones just have this magic.
    My goodness, there was a shooting in my neigborhood :eek: I heard several gunshots, apparently some guy with a gun was spotted in the nearby shopping district and fled into my neighborhood, after which the police started firing their guns at him. Several heavily armed SWAT agents and a police helicopter circling above my house later things have calmed down, so I guess they got the suspect. I live in a rather mundane neighborhood where nothing ever happens so this was quite the night... :confused:
    The amount of Shiny Snivy I've gotten through Wonder Box is absolutely ridiculous. I just got an 8th individual Shiny Snivy from a Wonder Box. I once even got a Wonder Box with 2 different Shiny Snivy at once. Not that I mind though... It's just odd since while I've gotten a number of different Shiny Pokémon from Wonder Boxes, the amount of Shiny Snivy I've gotten is absolutely disproportional in comparison to other Shiny Pokémon.
    I Saw On The News Europe Is Flooding, And They Included Some Netherlands Footage. I Know They Said You're Probably Fine, But I'm Just Sending U My Safe Regards.
    So I bought myself something for graduating...

wPoIWIw.jpg

It's been years since I bought/got a Lego set, especially a big one like this. I've been having an absolute blast assembling it so far, really takes me back.
    Thanks for following me. I just wanna mention this is RetroPokeFan you're talking to btw. Lost access to my original account (can't post anything or set up a password as it seems my old email account is gone) so having to start from scratch again as PikaFriend.
    P
    PikaFriend
    Yeah, it really does suck. I should have mentioned with the whole external thing that it leads me to believe that the college where I made the account (each student would have email accounts of our own) most likely deleted it. I did make my own Google account before I left. I appreciate you all for helping out though.
    Neo Blaze
    Neo Blaze
    That's good to know. I was worried that maybe your e-mail address was hacked. Still sucks though :(
    RetroPokeFan
    RetroPokeFan
    :giggle:
    I have gained access to my account back now. Though it seems it only works on Chrome since when I try logging in on Microsoft Edge which I previously used, it does nothing.

Doesn't matter too much because I'm now back in the game. Thank you so much for helping me out on this.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom