• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden

Maniacal Engineer
Maniacal Engineer
That's not being annoying. That's asking a good and valid question.
I've been a bit busy the past couple of months, with trade shows, getting married, and a slew of Jewish holidays, so I haven't had the time to go through everything on the checklist.

I can definitely look into changing the settings for avatars, to see if we can revert them to the larger size.

Please don't hesitate to bring things like this to the attention of myself or other staff members. In point of fact, we have a thread just for this sort of thing: FAQ: - Forum Update: Question & Suggestion Thread (though absolutely continue to reach out to me here or by PM if that's preferable to you).
EternalPokéFanGirl
EternalPokéFanGirl
Thanks for clarifying my doubts :giggle:.
Maniacal Engineer
Maniacal Engineer
A couple of questions for clarification. Are you talking about how the avatars appear by thread posts, or how they appear here:
1632491405949.png
Also, do you happen to remember how much larger the avatars used to be?
From what I can tell, no settings were actively changed by anyone, so it must have reverted to a “default” with the upgrade.
EternalPokéFanGirl
EternalPokéFanGirl
I was referring to how avatars appear by thread post, I honestly couldn't give you a specific measure. I'm going to borrow this screenshot made by Galactic_V to show you the limit that tall avatars used to have, horizontal avatars used to appear full size, not cropped. Actually avatars weren't cropped unless they were insanely large.

I hope this helps, but if you need specific numbers I'm not the right person to speak, sorry :confused_emoji:.
post.png
Maniacal Engineer
Maniacal Engineer
The specific numbers could have been helpful, but the screenshot is exactly what I needed. I’ll pass this along and see what we can do. :D
EternalPokéFanGirl
EternalPokéFanGirl
Hi, sorry but did something happen? It's been some time since we talked.
Maniacal Engineer
Maniacal Engineer
Last I heard, Archaic and the tech were looking into it.
Remind me to check back with them in a couple of days. I’m on a temporary, and hopefully short, leave of absence after the very recent passing of a beloved family pet.
Back
Top Bottom