Bulbagarden

Deadman
Deadman
thx, cut and shrunk down some random fanart to fit the pixel frame given with some amateur tools back then. Don't even know how many years this was ago. Never bothered with changing anything afterwards. Too much work. Glad you like it and cool for being a Zelda fan too. Been a fan since I played Zelda 1 on the NES I believe somewhere 1992-1994. Very dissappointed on what the franchise became with BotW and all it's major flaws (nobody seemed to see or refused to see because everyone praised it so much and was sensitive about pointing them out before them).
Die-Hard Dragon Devotee
Die-Hard Dragon Devotee
Really? Not a BOTW fan? I'll admit I'm not crazy about everything it did but the sense of freedom and ability to go almost anywhere in Hyrule is pretty cool you have to admit. (BTW, random question and I hope you don't me asking, but how old are you? I'm 26.)
Deadman
Deadman
Nope, call it "just hung up an old and antiquated stale things of Zelda" like many but to me, there was not much I cared for in this game and it ranked pretty low on my list of Zelda games I like (somewhere around the Phillips CD-i titles). Yeah could be I'm hung up on stagnating formulas, might be because I'm 35 already and thus too old to find any enjoyment with new trends like Candy Crush, Fortnite and other popular things in the present.
Back to Zelda. I don't wanna go too deep into it, I'm tired of it and I do get that BotW plays just a 100 years after the world ended thus of course there isn't much in the world but if the "empty fields and mountainsides" were to be left out, this version would be 70-80% smaller but still haven't lost much content though the world was rather pretty considering the platform...
Exploration hardly felt rewarding at all because most of the time, if it wasn't enemy locked, all you would find are new, useless weapons you either couldn't carry anyway or were weaker than water you had or sacrificed to find it.
I wasn't into any of the characters, if you can call them as such given how little is there of them, not much story that could keep me on the line and there was nothing that invigorating about the Holy Beasts "dungeons" to me, nice puzzles at times but not really making me "awe". I'd hardly call anything a dungeon besides Hyrule Castle.
The Shrines also were mostly puzzle rooms (with annoying motion control at times) or mini-dungeons at best and combat wasn't fun either because your "fresh" weapons kept on breaking (even the Master Sword would need to recharge after so many attacks) without even taking a single enemy down. Some of the Shrine puzzles were ingenious, I give the game that but everything looked mostly the same. I couldn't even have fun playing around with different items because there were none. I also loved be able to buy a house (that was most likely buying back my house) and build Tarry Town
Sigh, again I ranted on way to long, sorry I make a hard cut on that matter for now.
Frankly, I don't expect BotW 2 will do much to win me back over (after watching 10-20 hours of gameplay when it's out, I'll decide if I'm gonna buy for full price or see if I can get it used later, for much cheaper). Till then, luckily there are indies like Blossom Tales that do more for catching my attention.
Die-Hard Dragon Devotee
Die-Hard Dragon Devotee
I wouldn't say you're that old, 35 is still on the younger side if you ask me. But I kinda feel ya though. I've never played Candy Crush or Fortnite, but something tells me I wouldn't like them.That aside, I do hear you though. The breakable weapons thing did not sit well with everyone and the lack of traditional dungeons was somewhat disappointing. My personal favorite is Twilight Princess, which has some of the best dungeons in the series if you ask me. What's your opinion on Twilight Princess BTW?
Back
Top Bottom