Local time
1:59 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• My Sobble Fan badge has mysteriously vanished. I swear it was just there a second ago...
    Is this related to the new Gen 9 Fan Badges? Is having two of the same group no longer allowed or do I just need to go through and reset it?
    Stalking around your profile and saw your music taste section! How do you feel about folk?
    DawningWinds
    DawningWinds
    I'm not too sure where the line between soft vs hard music drawn. I won't really listen to anything that's screaming rather than singing, so if that's the official line than yes, I prefer softer; but I have nothing against music with lots of loud instruments and stuff. That said, there's music that I know is definitely considered softer that I enjoy as well.

Thanks for the recommendation! The stuff of his I've gotten through listening so far all sounds really nice.
    TheCapsFan
    TheCapsFan
    It's all very subjective, to be honest. I don't think I've ever heard country where they scream, though. I don't doubt that it exists, but I suppose it also depends on what you call screaming. My girlfriend and I have had many a debate about this. :p

No problem, I'm glad you like him! He's a very down to earth guy, and I love how soft and smooth his voice is. Father John Misty is in a similar vein of music to his as well, if you've heard of them.
    DawningWinds
    DawningWinds
    I haven't heard any country with screaming I don't think, either- usually when I run across scream-filled music is when I've listened to other genres. Probably the closest I've coming across for screaming in country is some of Eric Church's stuff, but even then its not really. (Also I think like one or two of HARDY's songs are kinda close? He's not someone I'm super familar with though so don't take my word on it.) I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find country with screaming, but I don't have any interest in doing so at all.

I think I have listened to a little bit of Father John Misty's stuff, the name rings a bell for sure. But I'm not familiar enough with them that I know immediately what your talking about in reference to them being in the same vein, unfortunately. I definitely agree with everything else though, he's got a very nice voice.
    Can someone hopefully revert my name back to DawningWinds some time soon? The admins read the newest profile posts, right? Thanks, that'd be much appreciated.
    If you don't mind me asking, what made you think the series would be one I'd like when you guessed Kino in the other thread? Obviously you were right but I don't think it's all that similar to other tastes I'd mentioned at the time? Or really most of my tastes in general, I was kinda surprised at how well I liked it.

Well, in all sincerity, most of your themes that I've seen are things that I don't have much knowledge on. From Yu-Gi-Oh! to The Owl House; I only barely know much about them that indeed, many of my guesses tend to feel stretchy.

In Kino's case, I actually do remember my train of thought on that guess: I interpret Kino as a gender-neutral/genderfluid character, just as you are willing to take any pronouns and how you have a similarly genderfluid OC, iirc. Sure, Kino's past in the country of lobotomized people indicates that Kino was raised a girl prior to meeting the namesake motorcyclist, but while most official sources and otherwise give Kino the she/her treatment after the reveal. I prefer to interpret the traveler as moreso as someone who doesn't strictly identify by any gender role. Kino's design, both the 2003 and 2017 one; comes across as androgynous to me than tomboyish and the character in question never particularly is in a hurry to make their gender identity apparent and responds to any pronoun given to them without protest.
    There is a certain scene in the 2003 adaptation where Kino gets upset at someone referring to them as a 'boy', but given the context of that scene, I just feel that Kino just doesn't like to be called a 'child' or anything condescendingly juvenile.
    Reactions: DawningWinds
    Chidamari Sketch
    Chidamari Sketch
    If you wonder why I didn't just post at the thread in question; I don't like having to sandwich post just to answer a specific question. I feel like it clogs the flow of the thread.
    Oh, huh, the default style changed to celebrate BDSP's release, cool. Also the style switcher's location makes it really easy to accidentally click when trying to check your alerts on mobile.
    I just noticed Trevenant's Japanese name (Ohrot) and I'm torn between thinking it's incredibly cool and incredibly dumb. Like, I'm sure I don't think it's somewhere in-between, but I can't decide which one of the two I think it is.
    Welkamo
    Welkamo
    "Ohrot may be a combination of 大 ō (big) and ロット rot (as in a root rot)."
    It's so simple... big rot... I know I should think it's dumb... but I really like it...
    Hey Happ Birthday DW!!
    index.php
    • Love
    Reactions: DawningWinds
    DawningWinds
    DawningWinds
    Thanks! And those arts are incredible, where'd you find them?
    Can't believe you still have that screenshot. I don't know if I've said it before, but that's the plural form of the word plea. Which, is in fact, an actual word.
    dawn dusk
    dawn dusk
    Just click the image to see where did I get it from.
    -:wynaut:-
    DawningWinds
    DawningWinds
    Well, that feels obvious in hindsight, but thanks for telling me. And for the new avatar.
    Happy birthday! How does it feel like hatching from an Egg?
    DawningWinds
    DawningWinds
    Thanks! And to answer your question, I don't actually remember what it was like. It would probably have been in Ancient Egyptian-ish times, years befors they put my spirit in a stone tablet, which I would be in for millenia until I got moved to a card. I don't think it was ever actually stated that all cards were previously stone tablets, but I'm guessing it's safe to assume that cards that were written about on probably ancient stone weren't modern creation in-universe. Though actually, I think Zexal depicted a card as actually a card in ancient times, they also did an ancient history Shadow Duel with stone tablets, similar to previous series.

I think the Numeron Dragon story actually states the backstories of both Galaxy Eyes but I don't remember for sure.
    prog rocker
    prog rocker
    Happy birthday, too! And I feel I would be extremely confused by that explanation if it wasn't because kinda up to date with YGO.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom