• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
LightningTopaz
Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Until we know the SV Hero and Heroine names, or if the English names turn out to be lame, I'll continue calling them Carmina and Rado.
    Reactions: Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    Will be interesting to see how you will do this. I feel like writing a story based on an open world game will be tricky in comparison to non-open world games.
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    I feel the three major stories will be the classic be the very best, stop the evil team, and the treasure hunt for your school. There may be side stories in addition to that.
    I do plan to make a gameplay log for Scarlet--the story version will be named Pokemon Ancient Scarlet
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    I do wonder where the name Paldea comes from...
    Emmy
    Emmy
    Bulbapedia has this suggestion: "Paldea may be derived from "pal" (friend or ally) and aldea, the Spanish word for village or hamlet."
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    Most of my research was way off--but that makes sense.
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    I wonder how a Pokémon TCG anime would work.
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    For one thing, it would not be Yu-Gi-Oh caliber melodrama--there would be cool moments, but Ash and his opponents would not be spelling out their strategies to the smallest detail.
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    Considering how simple each turn in the Pokémon TCG is in comparison to yugioh, that is not really a surprise.
    So many Legends and Isle of Armor inspired ideas, so little time!
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    Only 24 hours in a day--so I wrote down some ideas I could work with, and picked one to start with.
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    I see. That was not what I thought you were talking about. Thought you meant that we have a couple of months or so until Scarlet and Violet come out.
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    Everything will be on break when SV finally comes out.
    "The Shimmering Stage is delayed a week while I go through my writing backlog. "The Shimmering Companion" will go out this week.
    Apologies for disappearing for a week--PC's hard drive died and had to take it in for repairs
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    Speaking of PCs dying, what if that were to happen in Pokémon? What would happen to the Pokémon that are stored in the PC? Would they die?
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    I would imagine they are saved to the cloud, so the trainer can access their data anywhere
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    Makes sense. Assuming something does not happen to the cloud.
    The Shimmering Companion will be on break next week due to a holiday in the USA--everything else will go out on schedule that week.
    An interesting idea--what if they initially did go with over 65,000 different versions of Pokemon?
    Daren
    Daren
    Completing the dex would have been even more nightmarish, to start.;)

But the maps (and presumably opposition) being semi randomized could have been very interesting. Odd to think Pokémon almost had some rogue-like qualities to it!
    I had an idea for a short story, but now new ideas have been added to it that will certainly make it longer. Have you ever had that happen to you?
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    That happens to me too, so don't feel bad--it happens to many writers at some point.
    "The Shimmering Stage" will go out like normal, but the Shimmering Companion and the weekly prompt get the week off for the holiday.
    It's not just the real world Pallet Town--the real life location that inspired Pewter City has Brock listed as a notable resident! Maebashi - Wikipedia
    What types do you find yourself adding to your team every time you do a playthrough?
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    --The starter
    --The bird
    --Pikachu (if he is available)/the local electric type)
    --A Psychic type
    Even though The First Sparkling Stage ends this week, the Shimmering Companion will continue releasing on Mondays.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom