LightningTopaz
Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I have decided to set my self a goal: Write one Pokémon journey/Badge Quest fanfic. Just one. It's something I really want to do, but never did since I was trying to do the Pokémon Anime, which of course covers all the regions. I have settled on doing just one, since it will be easier to do one Region than multiple Regions, even if they are not connected.
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    Yeah...but in my imagined Hisui, they look more like anime tournaments ;-) Another option would be traveling to different martial arts schools, when would then evolve into dedicated Pokemon dojos.
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    What do you mean anime tournaments?
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    No matter what the genre of show or type of tournament, they usually work like basketball tournaments in the real world--a single elimination, winner moves on to the next round

What I'm thinking of building is just a wandering hero seeking to learn as many skills as he can, as well as fleshing out my version of the ancient remixed animeverse Pokeworld
    Hi! I noticed that you had given my Halloween one-shot a like, meaning that you read it. What did you like about it?
    Ideas are very rarely truly bad--you just may need a few attempts to perfect them.
    In my imagined Pokeverse, the Pokemon games we know in our world DO exist--under a different name...
    Lightning Yellow is delayed while I think about how to fix a plot hole I inadvertently created...
    Reactions: Greninjaman
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    What I may do is show the Spearow chase and Ho'oh encounter as a flashback--Brock recapping what happened to the audience in an attempt to break up Ash and Misty's fight.
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    That also works.
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    The major difference in that scene (besides Brock being there) is that Misty doesn't get her bike destroyed--hence why I plan to write "No bikes were harmed in the writing of this story" at the end. (that does happen in between Lightning Yellow and Moonlight Silver, but I chose to keep it a comic noodle incident)
    Would anyone be interested in a blog about the basics of my theaterverse (and eventually my remixed animeverse too), where readers could also ask questions about them both?
    "Celestial" spurred me to see if my old yellow Game Boy Color still worked, and after two fresh new batteries, it works!
    So 2023 marks the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time...will have to brainstorm something for the occasion.
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    That's a very good question...
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    Link would probably still have to pull the master sword.
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    They likely wouldn't have as much time to stop Ganondorf--but does Twilight Princess ever go into detail about how Ganondorf was stopped? (one of the very few Zelda games I haven't played for myself, but have seen video.)
    When creating something, don't just study the successful stuff--you can learn from what didn't work, or was just okay, too.
    InfiniteBakuphoon
    InfiniteBakuphoon
    Absolutely yes! This is something that I think that some people miss in their criticism of less-than-stellar works, especially in the world of fanfiction. And to those aspiring writers who are afraid that their work might not be so great or is otherwise “just OK”: write it anyway. Besides the whole “practice makes (close enough to) perfect” that always helps with your own writing, you never know who you might inspire with someone else’s! In the words of a certain famous Pokémon trainer: “nothing is useless”.
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    Likewise, good ideas are hidden in not so good or just okay work.
    Seeing Armarouge and Ceruledge in the new trailer gave me an idea...
    Lightning Yellow is delayed a week while I figure out how to make this episode work without Team Rocket...
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    That sounds cool. Could have Ash and Misty have a battle anyway instead of her just handing him the badge, but this is your story.
    LightningTopaz
    LightningTopaz
    This is what I originally planned to do, but the more I think about the Nugget Bridge idea, the more I like it.
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    If you like it, go for it. It is your story, after all. Just throwing your phrase right back at ya!
    I hate writer's block...
    Reactions: Greninjaman
    CynthiaLover
    CynthiaLover
    I know the feeling all too well. I've been wrestling with writer's block lately, too, although I have managed to get some work done, albeit at a much slower pace than normal. But I know how you feel. Especially since writing is a form of stress relief for me. Good luck degumming your creativity gears.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom