Bulbagarden

InfiniteBakuphoon
InfiniteBakuphoon
You know, in a world that revolves around creatures as wondrous and numerous as Pokémon, it’s not too much of a stretch to assume that video games would be made about them in said world alongside movies, TV shows, and other forms of media. And indeed, I’m sure that something resembling the Pokémon games would exist there! But so would many other kinds of games, I’d bet, and not just your Mystery Dungeon- or Ranger-type games, either. Imagine what a Final Fantasy-like series with Pokémon would be like…
LightningTopaz
LightningTopaz
Now I actually wanna write this...
InfiniteBakuphoon
InfiniteBakuphoon
With an imagination like yours, I’m sure that you’d turn out something pretty interesting with that! :)
prog rocker
prog rocker
Now that I think about it, didn't the anime show something similar to the games in the Giselle episode?
LightningTopaz
LightningTopaz
It was referred to as a simulator in the real episode, but in my imagined version it is Trainer's Quest: Let's Go, Pikachu! (minus the Pokemon GO mechanics in the real game)
Greninjaman
Greninjaman
@LightningTopaz

Here is an idea for a Final Fantasy X Pokémon story:
The Fighter is a Steel Type, since Fighters are more tanks.
The Monk is a Fighting Type, since Monks are more damage dealers.
The Black/White/Red Mage is a Psychic and/or Fairy Type, since the Mages use magic.
The Thief is a Dark Type, since Thieves are about speed (while also not being able to take hits).

So my squad for this (if I were to do this kind of story) would be something like this:
Lucario: Fighter/Warrior
Machamp: Monk
Mr. Mime: White/Black/Red Mage
Greninja: Thief
LightningTopaz
LightningTopaz
If I were to do something like this it would be something like the gang gently poking fun at a game based on FF4, or a more fantastic take on FF 12 (since that game has six playables that the Sensational Six could play the parts of)
Greninjaman
Greninjaman
What Pokémon would you give each character in FF12?
LightningTopaz
LightningTopaz
If I had to give those roles to Pokemon:

Vaan=Charmeleon (a reference to his Fire elemental Quickenings)
Balthier=Dewott
Fran=Lopunny
Basch=not sure
Ashe=Pikachu
Penelo=Braxien
Greninjaman
Greninjaman
I think for Basch, maybe Lucario? Seeing as he is an experience knight and fighter, it would make sense.
The Fire types, I can see why you picked them since they live in a desert city.
Back
Top Bottom