• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Okido
Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• “Now I feel more like the f-frozen one…!” :LOL:

Inspired choice there, Orchid (especially with that funny timing on Pikachu)! Even if the literal end of the world isn’t exactly what I’d call an ideal winter wonderland, haha. I can always respect that movie’s atmosphere, though. (And congrats on that two thousand, too, before I forget!)
    Hey Orchid! I’m sure that you’ve heard the news about the anime by now. If you haven’t, it’s epic, game-changing stuff. I seriously never thought that I’d wake up to news like this, or that they ever would actually do it…
    You just know that I have to ask a super-mega-fan like you about this. So, how do you feel about it?[/I][/I]
    • Hi
    Reactions: Okido
    Okido
    Okido
    How do I feel?! Uh... hm... well... how do I put this... :cry:

There's no sugarcoating things; I'm personally more than a little heartbroken. Obviously, this day had to come eventually, and there was probably no better time than now to do it — heck, pessimist that I am, I've been considering this possibility ever since Journeys started — but damn if it didn't still hit me like a ton of bricks as soon as that trailer dropped. I guess some little part of me didn't actually think they'd ever go through with it either.

I know I'm not the only one, but the fact that all of these characters that I basically grew up with, were pretty much a constant in my life, were a source of happiness that got me through hard times over the years... are finally being retired for good/indefinitely, is just a lot to take in all at once. I'm glad some people seem to be taking it well, and are more than ready to move on to something new, but gosh I truly cannot empathize with that just yet LOL. I'll need a bit more time than that to come to terms with it being over.

TL;DR To quote the PMD2 soundtrack: I don't want to say goodbye...
    Hey, I didn’t want to clog up the thread with this, but seriously, you are incredible, Orchid! That might be your magnum opus right there, haha…

Anyways, I actually came here for something else: where did that cute little Eevee with the Santa hat come from? Did you draw them yourself, I wonder?
    • Love
    lisianthus
    lisianthus
    i want to know this too actually (oki's pictures are canadian national treasures and should be stored in the museum by wayne gretzky's first NHL goal puck)
    Okido
    Okido
    @InfiniteBakuphoon aww I'm happy to hear you like that one! Reminds me I should try lineless painting a little more often. Thank you!! :enzap:

The Eevee however is not my work! It's a piece of official art from the "Pokemon Love Its'demo" merch line, specifically from 2018 I believe. (It's actually a makeup/cosmetics line! Every day I find more and more obscure official Pokemon art.)
    The Santa hat on its head was my doing, though. As a matter of fact this was my December avatar last year, too :p

(@lisianthus that is very sweet of Canada to consider my pictures Canadian national treasures despite me being American. I should really go up there and thank them sometime...)
    Oh, man. What an astonishing profile picture, may I know where you got that?
    • Love
    Okido
    Okido
    aw thank you! :enzap:
    It's from the ending sequence of the first movie! I wish I could remember where specifically I found this gif of it, but I saved it a long time ago. ^^;
    FelipePR
    FelipePR
    I'm itching to revisit this ending sequence right now.
    • Gold Star
    Good morning, how is everything ?

I've been trying to locate some shipping names for Legend Arceus-related shippings on Tumblr to see if I had made dupes on accident, and while I did find names already existed for some ships (I think it was Laventon/Cyllene and Adaman/Arezu), I had to stop once I started seeing creepy things popping up. I'm sparing you the details on that.

Anyway, I've been wondering if you had some insights on the shipping naming for this game specifically ?
    • Hi
    Herbizarre
    Herbizarre
    Ah shucks, I don't have Twitter (and I'm better off without it), and Tumblr... Considering what I found near the end of my browsing I'd rather not try again for my own sanity. I guess I'll just continue blindly guessing character shippings pairs without looking up lmao

Yeah, Ctrl + F has been quite helpful, at least to find specific names that haven't been used yet.
    Okido
    Okido
    Oh hi!

gosh I wish I could be of more help for this one; unfortunately Legends Arceus is the one game I haven't played, so I don't know much about its characters, let alone the shipping scene surrounding them on places like Tumblr/Twitter. ^^; You may have better luck asking somebody else who's a little more involved with that specific circle of the fanbase; though I'll admit I'm not entirely sure who that'd be. I know I've seen a few PLA ship names being discussed in the Neverending Romance thread before? :unsure:

I did do a very cursory search and I found this post, which lists a good few PLA ship names that are apparently in use - I don't know how much help that is for you specifically, though. I hope you can find what you're looking for!
    Herbizarre
    Herbizarre
    I've seen a few posts about Legends Arceus in the Neverending Romance thread, and although I made sure to be careful naming ships, apparently I had missed Laventon/Cyllene's shipping name for some reason. And yeah, this is the first tumblr post I found about the PLA shipping names this morning. Something tells me I'll have to wait until the list gets properly updated so I won't have to worry about making dupes anymore.

Thanks for your help everybody !
    • Gold Star
    Hey, Orchid! I just came back from reading Juliko’s review of a biographical manga about ADHD, autism, and other neurodivergent conditions. According to her, it’s one of the more positive and better-written books about said subject matter. I wonder if this is something you might be interested in, or if you’ve heard of it before?
    Okido
    Okido
    I haven't heard of it until now but wow that sounds like an interesting read! I imagine that must offer some insightful perspective; I hadn't considered that the expectations put on neurodivergent people in Japan would probably be quite different from, say, here in America.
    It's also nice to hear it doesn't exclusively depict the experience as either all doom and gloom or all sunshine and rainbows — it's hard to hit that medium between the two when talking about this kind of thing, so it's refreshing to hear it handles both sides well.
    I might give it a read sometime; thank you for passing the recommendation onto me!

(Also Juliko if you're reading this keep up the awesome work!!!)
    Juliko
    Juliko
    Thanks for liking my reviews, Orchid! And definitely check out My Brain is Different if you're able. It's available everywhere for pretty cheap.
    ..hi oki! I am here to congratulate you and give you a big ol hug!! I know you're going to do amazing :bulbaLove:
    • Hugs
    Okido
    Okido
    STOP EMBARRASSING ME!!!!!!!!!!
    (jk you're nice :bulbaLove: )
    I sure was shocked when I saw that “Super Moderator” badge, haha. It looks good on you, though! Congratulations on your promotion! I know you’ll do great.
    • Love
    Okido
    Okido
    Aww thank you for saying so Bakuphoon! I sure do hope so, I'll be doing all I can :)
    Hey, is that super mod badge new? Congrats if it is! Also if it's not and I've just not been paying attention.
    • Hugs
    Okido
    Okido
    It is; thank you Dawning!! I hope to do the best job that I can from here on out. :bulbaLove:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom