Arylett Charnoa
Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• SD7 - Matriarch Askah.png

Smaugust Day 7: Matriarch [ 2023 ]

This is Askah, an extremely important Legendary to my own Pokemon world. It is Psychic/Dragon, and is part of the set of nine Legendaries known as Aeons. She and her counterpart, Zekamet, are the two strongest forces in this specific world I've created. Essentially, Legendaries like Arceus don't exist in this world, and Askah/Zekamet take their place as the ultimate gods.

Askah is meant to be a mother figure - representing the sun, light, and creation. This Pokemon's design may change in the future, as I'm not 100% sure if this is where I want it to go. But I took inspiration specifically from Mew and wanted something simplistic, cute, and mysterious.

She lives in Solaris, a realm of eternal light located within the sun, and essentially one half of the afterlife. In spite of her benign appearance, her motives and morals are completely alien to normal Pokemon and other sapient lifeforms. The two primary Aeons act more akin to forces of nature, and do not truly have physical forms, being made of the fundamental elements primordial light and darkness respectively.

Askah created three of her own Aeon servants - Tiamartel, Lorelein, and Quetzamat - to help restore the universe after a great calamity that led to the permanent extinction of humanity.
    SD6 - Creative Geastalt.png

Smaugust Day 6: Creative [ 2023 ]

This is Geastalt, a strange Normal/Psychic Ultra Beast Fakemon. It's based on a very old concept I made long ago. This bizarre Pokemon produces psychic energy capable of bending space and creating portals to imaginary realms.

Yeah, I'm stretching the concept of "dragon" pretty far here. But to be fair, the prompt WAS "creative."
    SD5 - Giddy Togedra.png

Smaugust Day 5: Giddy [ 2023 ] This is Togedra, a Fairy/Dragon alternate evolution for Togetic. I like how this experimental coloring style turned out. Gave it a yellowish tint to reference Gen II's original sprites for the Togepi line. I never quite liked how Togekiss deviated so heavily from Togetic's design, so I wanted to make an evolution closer to that whilst introducing some draconic elements.
    SD2 - Gilded Osseoro.png

Smaugust Day 2: Gilded. Colored version of Osseoro - an alternate evo for Cubone. Steel/Ground, it evolves holding an item called the Golden Bone. [Which resembles its right arm.] Osseoro is a knight that fights with great honor, respecting the bones of the fallen so greatly that it became one with them. Its name is a combination of osseous [meaning related to bone] and oro, the Spanish word for gold.
    1695366749451.png

Another outline job I stayed up too late to complete. This is Palmgona, a Grass/Ground-type. It is based on the prompt "vacation" and a bearded dragon. I tried to evoke a bit more of a Gen I-ish feel with the face. It likes to lounge buried in beach sand, with only its tail sticking out. Other Pokemon and humans alike often mistake its tail for a palm tree. This Pokemon is so laid-back and relaxed that it often stays submerged for months on end without moving at all, absorbing all its nutrients through its tail's photosynthesis.

Its name is a combination of palm and pogona, the genus for bearded dragons.
    1695261342765.png

A glance on some proper, non-sloppy art I've been working on. Here's Osseoro - an alternate evo for Cubone. Steel/Ground, it evolves holding an item called the Golden Bone. [Which resembles its right arm.] Osseoro is a knight that fights with great honor, respecting the bones of the fallen so greatly that it became one with them. Its name is a combination of osseous [meaning related to bone] and oro, the Spanish word for gold.
    [ Concept ] Quetzamat Sketch.jpg

A magnificent draconic Fakemon I drew for a drawing challenge called Smaugust, in which I draw a dragon on everyday of August. I'm still catching up to the challenge's days, as I had appendix surgery at the very start of August. Will be coloring all of my drawings in September.

He's not Dragon-type, but he is still spiritually a dragon to me. [I'm drawing a lot of Fakemon concepts and making them all Dragon-type would make type diversity bad.] A Legendary Pokemon, and probably my finest Pokemon design yet.
    Having fun playing through my THIRD time of Scarlet/Violet, in preparation for the DLC. I'm using Hisuian Pokemon to make up for the fact that you don't get to battle much in Legends Arceus. Also Braixen because she was my Pokesona for years and I love. My girl is really pulling her weight so far. <3
    I've been feeling rather depressed about many of the ills of society that I can't do much about. I was reaching a breaking pojnt of stress and then suddenly, I had to rush to the hospital to get my appendix removed. I was there two nights and was finally able to relax. Partly due to the post-surgical medications, but another part due to the comfort of my room, the great food, and most importantly, the very kind hospital staff. I met many people, but they all made me feel cared for and like I mattered. So in a weird way, I needed that. To be reminded of the good in humanity, to feel like a person again instead of someone lost in the sea of toxicity and world issues the internet often drowns us in.

This section of the US I've moved to has been great. Everyone seems nicer and more cheerful, and genuinely helpful.
    InfiniteBakuphoon
    InfiniteBakuphoon
    This felt strangely good to wake up to, for many reasons. Maybe because it reminds me of how I’ve been longing for a new life of my own…but enough about me, haha. I know that life hasn’t necessarily been always that great to you and those close to you, so with that in mind, I’m so happy for you, Arylett! I hope that all of that goodness continues for you in your new life.
    Somewhat torn on deciding whether or not my fursona should be canine/feline. I'm veering towards wolf/fox at the moment though.
    Reactions: DigitalGen6
    InfiniteBakuphoon
    InfiniteBakuphoon
    I always thought of you more on the former side of things than the latter, to be honest! But I say just go wherever your heart takes you!
    Arylett Charnoa
    Arylett Charnoa
    Cats are something of a recent thing to me, only brought on because the MMO I play is going to add a female cat anthro race in its next expansion. I've been drawing myself as canines since childhood, so I keep coming back to it.

I'm always interested to see someone else's opinion on what fits me though! So thanks for that!
    Despite being 31 years old, I've never fully completed a Zelda game. I plan on remedying this by completing my first Zelda - Ocarina of Time. I've started the original. [I've watched others play several Zelda games before though, so I'm pretty familiar with some of them. Especially Ocarina of Time.]
    • Whaaaat
    Reactions: Greninjaman
    TheCapsFan
    TheCapsFan
    Good luck! You'll be in for a fun time for sure. The game's aged far better than most N64 games in my opinion.
    Arylett Charnoa
    Arylett Charnoa
    @TheCapsFan I'm no stranger to ancient games, but I can definitely tell that OoT is above the rest. I'm honestly having a hard time NOT playing it, even though I have to take frequent breaks to prevent my hands from tiring. Great game so far. Definitely more fun to play than watching my husband.
    Replaying FireRed for the first in a long time. Gen 3 is so damn smooth and such a joy to actually play. With a romhack that gives me access to the original RBY music and Physical/Special split, this is probably one of the most fun Pokemon experiences I've ever had. I wish all Pokemon games ran at 60 fps like the GBA ones.
    InfiniteBakuphoon
    InfiniteBakuphoon
    I know, right? The 60fps in particularly is something that I noticed even back when I was a kid, and how it was so much better than those janky OG Game Boy games. I guess that the Gen 3 games didn’t push the GBA nearly as hard as the previous gens did their own systems, despite the former looking quite pretty for what they were. Those games, along with the Gen 5 ones (which, incidentally, had 60fps in battles!), are probably the only mainline games that I’d consider technically impressive for the systems that they were on. But in any case, I’m glad that you’re having fun with that blast from the past there!
    Arylett Charnoa
    Arylett Charnoa
    It's not as much a blast from the past for me, as I largely skipped Gen III and only picked up FireRed when Diamond/Pearl were about to come out, playing them exactly once. So this experience is largely new! I do know that Gen V has 60 FPS in battles too - but having that in the overworld as well makes such a difference.

I'm used to Gen IV as HGSS are my favorite games, and I've noticed the more I play them, the more I get impatient with their clunkiness and how slowly I move. It's so tempting to press speed up on the emulator constantly. With Gen III though? I don't feel I have to press it at all. The game runs at the exact speed it should. I agree that they are technically impressive for their systems though - Gen V's moving alone sprites blow Gen IV out of the water. I feel these games might become my new favorites just due to ease of play and the fact that I find OG Kanto much more fun than Johto. [I also have only played through Gen I twice, so I'm not familiar with Kanto as much.] Even if I were to play the originals without the physical/special split and music.
    I erase literal holes into my sketch book trying to get a good drawing of my fursona. I often imagine when I'm gone that someone finds my sketchbook and theorizes on why I was so hellbent on this, and what the purpose is. Honestly, I couldn't answer them. But I will succeed one day.
    Between moving basically from one end of the US to the other and getting sick, things have been a bit chaotic. The dryness of this desert has affected me in particularly, as I used to live in a very humid environment. But I hope to jumpstart my art again soon as I stop being sick and get used to things.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom