• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Y
Local time
10:46 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Dear Yaminokame,

Thank you for your reply. I have sent you a private message; I wonder if it went through.

Anyway, let me introduce myself once more. I am T_Kiss, a Chinese boy living in Hong Kong. I have studied Japanese for two years, and I took JLPT grade 3 in 2008.

I force myself to listen to more Japanese by translating Japanese anime. My dream is to become a translator, and I hope my job in this forum will help me pursue my dream.

Please also tell me about yourself; I prefer it to be in private message though.

By the way, did you watch the episode today about Ditto? The woman named Makina speaks a lot of "bad-girl" style slangs. Do you understand them? I cannot get everything. For example, she uses あたい for me, おめえ for you, and many other slangs such as ブイブイ言わせる and ヤンキー. If you have watched the episode and you can understand it, maybe you can teach me some modern Japanese slangs.

I look forward to your reply.

T_Kiss
    Dear Yaminokame,

Hello! Let me introduce myself. I am T_Kiss, a relatively new member in this forum. I am now studying Japanese, and I help translating new Japanese anime episodes in a dialogue-based format. I will be taking second-grade Language Proficiency test at the end of this year.

I have seen some of your posts here and in Serebii forum, and I think you are a Japanese expert. Since I do not have many Japanese friends nearby, I would like to make friends with you. Please kindly reply.

Yours sincerely,
    T_Kiss
    4. I've heard something when someone asked "What's your name?" he said "Namae nani te yuno?". but the google translate give me this- "o namae wa nani desu ka?". So my question here is, why when sometimes people asking with the word "your" they're actually don't saying your? ("omae no").

5. what is the most common word to say "if"? and what is the most common word to say "and"? I'm hearing a lot of varations of those words. And... I think that the most common words to say "why", are "naze" and "doshte". But I'm hearing a lot saying "nano", this is confusing because I think it's what(nani).

6. Another thing that I'm confused about is, how to say "in the". For example, the google translate give me for this "in the house", this- "ie no naka de ". and for "i'm in the house" it give this- "watashi wa ie ni iru" . So my question is, where is the "de" dissapeared?
    Thanks.
    Wow,thank you very much,you are great.And I have some questions.
    1. When they are connecting words together? I see some sentences that they are connecting words together like "A new journey"-"Aratanaru tabidachi",so in this sentence the Atarashii isn't complete. So my questions here are: when do I need to connect between words? and how I can understand sentences if I'm hearing something like this? it's very hard because if I've learned that Atarashii is new, so now if it will be sticking with other words,it will be twice hard.

2. Can you translate me what they are use most commonly in those words?
    with me
    me(like hurt me)
    because of me
    me(like love me)
    about me
    And when I'm using those words, for example, on someone else like, about him, it's becoming different?

3.How they say "I have no"?the google saying "watashi wa nai te iru ",but I'm hearing from an episode that I'm watching( the specific sentence is:I have no photon gun or cannon)and he is saying something else.
    Thanks very much for your answer.
    I have some more questions if you can answer.
    1. When they are saying nouns like for example car-cars (Kuruma), how I can understand if they are mean to signle or many?

2. Sometimes I see that some words are not there when they saying them. For example, in an episode that I've watched the sentence "what do you mean?" they are saying " do yo kokoda?". But the google translte give me for this sentence this- "anata wa nani wo imi suru no desu ka?", so why it's so different?

3. To say for example me, it's always "ore to"?
    For example the google translate give me for "he beat me" this- "kare wa watashi wo utsu", it's really should be "watashi wo"?
    and when someone saying "fight me!" the google translate give me "watashi wa tatakau !", but I've heard once that it is ore to.

4. When someone saying something like I sacrifice, in japanese they are saying orewa ikinieni. in original it's ikinie. but when they need to add the "ni"?
    Thanks.
    Hey I have a question.
    What's the most common word to say "when" and "they" in jp?
    Thanks.
    Hi,
    Sorry to be a pain but Serebii sai that in the Preview Section for Next Month's Coro-Coro it hinted at New Pokemon, did it make any hints at all?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom