• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Hidden Mew
Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

Reactions: Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That's so sweet. Thank you so much. I listen to whatever song catches my attention, but anything Pokemon related is always a good bet for me and this is a really cool song too. Thank you again.
    Alright, happy birthday to ya! Hope you get to have a fantastic, enjoyable day. It's definitely your turn to be treated well today for all the kindness you show others throughout the year.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That's so sweet of you to say. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I had a nice Birthday for the most part.
    Reactions: Ebail
    Ebail
    Ebail
    You're welcome, and that's good, I'm glad you had a nice birthday.
    Welp, Cassandra's Revenge is finally here. Whew, what a ride. :eek:
    And with the final mid-season of the series came 3 new songs from Alan Menken and Glenn Slater.
    tz5HVA3.png

az8IKHK.png

yddXfCt.png
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That was quite a mid-season finale. The songs were great, I adored all of the Rapunzel and Eugene moments and the battle was pretty intense. I hope that they won't downplay Cassandra's actions when they inevitably redeem her. She is clearly being manipulated, but she has still endangered a lot of people, including people who care about her. The songs were also great and I especially loved the duet between Cassandra and Varian.
    So in my travels, you know minor free time I get, I'd seen they've realized the Extra Monster Zone was a mistake, and are making it optional now come the next set of rules. Well aside from Links, and Extra Deck Pendulum summons anyways.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Speaking of Duel Links finally made me cave in and buy some cards. I'd opted to buy that Dark Magician deck since it did seem to really compliment the Dark Magician themed cards I'd already owned in game. While 1000 gems isn't too steep with how often packs come out it was better to just buy that deck on sale. Speaking of Blair since she is now available seeing as how her skills are too blah, all being related to Maiden in Love I ended up giving her a Lunalight deck since those cards are already out, and her look does remind me of Serena. Find it kind of funny that the last several packs now have all featured different series of cards from Arc-V. As for Carly at least we get her this next event this coming month so it should be interesting to see any new interactions they might add between her and Jack, including what Jack says when you challenge him as Carly. Generally in my decks if I'm going for a filler card Wall of Distribution will fill the spot. It feels like it's one of only six or so trap cards I use as most of the decks just have no use for a lot of them. That's why I found it odd they were against releasing Jinzo for a while there as it doesn't seem like Trap cards ever dominated Duel Links. Yeah, I mean limiting Extra Deck monsters being unable to attack that first turn would annoy others, but at least it would have offered some real balance that still made them usable but at least made you think if you wanted to summon one or not at that time. I mean I'll give you that, it did seem different, even having potential to be overwhelming. I think in the actual card game it certain did do enough of a job at that to get some key cards limited. And on the topic of the actual game I saw today that while Legacy of the Duelist is being released on other main platforms it's also getting an update which includes, what looks like the rest of the Vrains story, more cards, but more importantly says the newest official rules from April 1st 2020 will be included, so if that's the case I'm actually looking forward to this update because it means can finally enjoy the story of GX, 5Ds, and Arc-V in game as we can use Extra Deck monsters (still save for Link and Pendulum) however we like.

Oh yeah definitely. I mean Arc-V coming after Zexal certainly helped regardless, even if only to have another dimension to work with, another summon type and more characters, even if Kaito was the only one used. Still a good story is a good story, and Arc-V was able to capitalize on the strengths, and weaknesses of the prior series, and summon types. I don't think it could have had the same effect coming after Vrains. I'm going into Sevens knowing I'm going to end up being the same as I was with Zexal and Vrains in that I know I'm going to stop watching for several months and just end up catching up at some point when I'm bored. I just feel like I have no hopes when it just doesn't look or feel like anything new. Honestly I feel like with how simple the gameplay looks from it that they want to win old fans back to the series who enjoyed DM because the game felt simple, as opposed to the days of Arc-V when the game had advanced a lot and the duels with it.

Yeah, the basic game is very easy to understand. Not much to get besides reading how a card works, and remembering how many tributes a monster needs to be tribute summoned. I know those advanced summon types can get tricky as it took me a few tries to understand Synchro monsters, and I had to teach a few friends how Pendulum monsters work. But still I dunno, I guess after 20 years it feels weird to me to see the game going away from the main series of cards (while still releasing those though) and focusing now on more simplistic cards. Probably just my old age settling in.

Well that's good. I'm glad you enjoy spending time with your family so much. And hopefully as more time has passed now things have been going well for you.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I haven't bought any of the recent structure decks mainly because I want to save a bit on money, but a lot of them are pretty good and I'll probably have to get them at some point. I could use the gems instead, but considering how often they'll have a new box, I didn't think it would be worthwhile. I unlocked Blair, but I absolutely hate her dialogue. She was never one of my favorite GX characters to begin with. She felt like a last minute addition to the main cast because the writers realized that Asuka was the only prominent female character in the cast. But hearing her go on about her crush on Judai and her jealousy towards Asuka makes her look even worse. She just comes off as so annoying and shallow. At least I can get more gems from leveling her up. I haven't gotten any of the Lunalight cards yet, but it is always great to see them update with Arc V era cards. I really loved playing the Heavy Samurai deck and I'm close to getting all of the Medlious cards too. I might give Blair the Lunalight deck or go with a Lightworn deck since she gets some of those cards as level rewards. The Carly event should hopefully be more fun. I still want them to include more cute interactions between Jack and Carly.

I can kind of see why they wanted to hold off on introducing Jinzo in Duel Links. Trap cards weren't dominated the game, but maybe they thought that Jinzo would be potentially too overpowered at that stage of the game. It doesn't seem like that is the case since I've rarely seen players use Jinzo, but most of the players I've seen go for stronger archetypes like Red Eyes, Blue Eyes and Six Samurai. That's really cool about that update for Legacy of the Duelist. Even though I was so excited for the game, I haven't played too much of it in part because of the Extra Deck Monster Zone rule. It just really made it more tedious to play through duels. Plus, I've been too focused on all of my other Switch games lately. But I'm so glad that they are included the new rules. I couldn't care less about including new Vrains characters, although I figured that they would be DLC given how minimal the Vrains aspect of the game was, but being able to summon out Extra Deck monsters more easily is definitely nice. I can run a Pendulum deck without the need for Link monsters. I wouldn't be able to summon Pendulum cards from the Graveyard, but since I can still Pendulum summon from my hand, it shouldn't be a huge problem. I don't think that they've announced a release date for the update, but knowing that it is going to include the new rules should make it more playable.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Interestingly enough, I was wondering when we'd get a release date for Sevens earlier this week and just a few days ago, we finally got it. It's going to premiere on April 4th. I'm kind of surprised that the information for the series has been so minimal. Granted, I'm sure it helps that I haven't been keeping a close eye on it, but it reminds me of how we had little information on Vrains before it premiered. Maybe that's just how they're handling pre-release information on a series now, but we've had virtually nothing between its initial announcement in December and now. They showed off the logo and I think some of the new characters, but that's about it. I'm going into Sevens just hoping that I don't hate it. That is the lowest bar I've had for any Yu-Gi-Oh! series and if Sevens can reach it, I'll be happy. Even being a boring series would be a step up in a sad way. I still want to be at least somewhat hopeful, but that is kind of hard coming right after Vrains. I think that they're more desperate to win over with kids more so than older fans. The younger protagonists and the concept of Rush Duels that just basically throw out all of the rules out the window practically make me think that they want the game to seem more accessible to kids. It isn't a bad idea and they do need to appeal to kids to keep the franchise going, but it does come off as being really desperate.

There are some difficult archetypes and combos to understand. It took me awhile to understand how Synchro summoning work. The game might seem more overwhelming to someone just starting out, especially when there are a ton of cards to look into, but I don't think that the game itself is that confusing. Admittedly, it does help that I've been keeping up with the game and playing it for years, so that probably also makes it harder for me to see how someone just staring to get into the franchise would see the game. I'm doing pretty well. Thank you. I hope that you're doing fine too.
    Welp, the hiatus is over at least for now. Tangled returns next month on Disney Channel.
    Season 3's mid-season event will be one of the two new episodes airing next month.
    XXhoYgi.png
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That's really cool news. I was hoping that we'd get new episodes sometime next month. I'm also glad that they're not doing the bomb format for the rest of season three. As nice as it was to get new episodes every weekday, I'd like to savor the rest of season three as well.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    Sigh. All good things must come to an end at some point. :cry:
    Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure will conclude with a 90 minute special event on March 1st, 2020 titled Plus Est en Vous.
    TZAl2Lg.jpg

Queen Arianna (in Tangled: Before Ever After) said:
    ”Plus est en vous”. It means "There is more in you”.
    l5yGZPK.png
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I'm glad that they're spacing out the rest of the series. Getting a new episode every week is much better for this series. I'm also happy that the series finale is a 90 minute special. I'm not happy with how Disney Channel has treated the series, but at least they're able to tell the story that they wanted to and they're giving the finale a really huge runtime. The finale's title is also pretty fitting with how Rapunzel's mother gave her that book at the start of the series.
    Disney+ and the Disney+ app are now live. You can start out with a free 1 week trial if you haven't subscribed yet.
    www.disneyplus.com
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I didn't know about the free one week trial. That's pretty cool. Thank you. I'm not sure if I'll subscribe to Disney+ yet. I already have Crunchyroll and Funimation Now, so throwing in another streaming service right now might be a bit too much. I'll keep that one week free trial in mind though.
    I don't much care for this new event. While I understand the need for PvP events I feel like Duel Links has shifted too much focus into them now. Especially with the KC cup being what, 4 times a year now? What do you think about it?
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That's really cool that they're already including Crow's Arc V cards. I wonder when they'll release Jack's Red Scarlight and Tyrant Dragon cards. Having more Blackwing cards definitely sounds good. I was surprised that it took them this long to release more support for the archetype considering how huge it was during the 5D's era. I'm still saving up my gems, but hopefully I'll be able to use a good Blackwing deck for Crow again. I was going to farm Sera a bit more last night myself, but the time got away from me. I should still be able to get the rewards I wanted to with the special jewels though. I forgot that I could get the structure decks with gems, but one thousand is a lot, especially when you usually need to get at least two structure decks to get enough support cards. Still, that might be an option if I want to save on using my actual money. I think that they added in one new Cyber Dragon card recently for a PvP reward. It took them forever just to make the regular Cyber Dragon available, so the other support cards might take awhile.

Social media could definitely be a factor. It would explain why the hate became so wide spread and that people take leaks from random sites like 4chan as credible proof. I definitely remember people complaining around B/W with older Pokemon not being available until the post storymode, but it certainly has increased. It's just mind boggling that people would go so far over this issue. I'm still so excited for the games, but the backlash has just really made me think that there are lot more entitled toxic fans within the community than I thought that there were.

We definitely needed that slower pace for season two. A lot of fans were like Shun in that they wanted to jump right into the fight against Academia directly, but that couldn't happen. Getting support from the then currently only dimension not involved in the war made a lot of sense and while the Lancers didn't get the army people expected, Crow and Jack later returning was pretty key in saving the four dimensions. Not to mention a lot of key character development and foreshadowing happened during this arc that were necessary for the rest of the season. Yuya, Reira and Sora's developments couldn't have happened while they were in the Fusion dimension. Being reintroduced to Crow and Jack wasn't really an issue either. They kind of were new characters for the kids watching Arc V. Kids watching the series probably were familiar enough with Zexal, but events and characters from GX and 5D's would probably be new to them. I just loved how the legacy characters were handled.

I might split the difference and evolve them to their second stage before looking up their final forms. I don't know if I could hold out on looking up about the new Pokemon until I get them fully evolved. Plus, I wouldn't want to rush through it. The fun and excitement of seeing my starters evolve without knowing what they'll look like for the first time does sound really fun, but I'll just see how I feel about it tomorrow. It's going to be so much fun to finally get the games and play them. The whole weekend will be busy with the new games, Community Day and the start of a new anime series.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Well to be fair since we won't know each others play speed let's not entirely discuss Sword and Shield. Just basic stuff.

It would be nice if they'd release some of the other Red Dragon Archfiend cards sooner rather than later. I'd love to make a full deck with them. I planned to farm her some more myself too but between watching the game, and opting to want sleep I just didn't bother in the end either. Yeah the decks for 500 gems weren't such bad buys, like the Destiny Hero deck at least. Yeah I figure they didn't want to release Cyber Dragon because it's easy special summon effect was too powerful or something knowing them. Maybe we'll get some eventually, I mean they have to have some GX focus again at some point.

It's easy to not release how toxic a fanbase can be for a while when there are no new games out. There isn't much to discuss at said time but then when a new game is coming out it seems like an area for a lot of toxic behavior and complaining to really come out. But yeah it's good that you don't let the toxic attitude of others bother you.

Yeah, going straight from the main dimension to the Fusion dimension wouldn't have worked at all aside from if they did the angle that the Synchro dimension was the real cause of the war in the first place, which would them promptly end the series there, rather then the Fusion dimension. Either way as you said they needed the slower pace for us to get to see the characters grow, and how the fight would unfold. Even the trip to the Xyz dimension, even if short, was rather essential to the story as it explained part of Yusho's disappearance, as well as the whereabouts of Kaito and Edo and what role they played. It would have been nice to see, or have a DM character mentioned, even if just Kaiba but I do understand why they felt like omitting them given they were working on Dark Side of Dimensions at the time so didn't seem like they were needed to be in Arc-V any.

And now here we are it's the day they're out, and to think a week ago you didn't think this day would come fast enough. I'm enjoying the game so far, or at least the bit I've played. My Scorbunny ended up being female which was cool since I think I've only gotten a female starter once. I'm glad I avoided all the info though. I've already run into 4 different Pokemon where I've gone "what the heck is that?" and tried to guess their type. Not knowing what I'm going to run into has motivated me enough to capture everything I run into. Even see the characters for the first time is really nice. It's really making me enjoy the game a lot. Although I guess you knew Amazon would be late as they didn't deliver my copy until 4 today but it's all good. Yeah it does seem like you're in for a heavy packed, Pokemon filled weekend.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    They've included some of the support cards Jack used in Arc V, so they could eventually have another box devoted to his new Dragons too. Farming can be a bit too time consuming, especially if you want to get all of the rewards and cards. It's going to be even harder now with playing through the new Pokemon games. That is probably why it took them so long to make Cyber Dragon available, but it was pretty strange when Kaiser's skills are built around Cyber Dragon and his Dark Cyber monsters aren't as popular.

Out of the four dimensions, we knew the least about the Synchro dimension at the time. We spent the first season in Standard and had a pretty decent understand of Xyz and Fusion, but we had virtually nothing on Synchro. Going straight into Fusion wouldn't have fleshed out Yugo or where he came from. The Xyz dimension was also quite important with explaining what happened to Yusho, showcasing Yuya's growth from the Synchro arc and introducing both Ed and Kaito. I remember people wanted it to be much longer and to a degree, I understood that, but with Heartland being in ruins and especially with the cast temporarily reduced, there was just not a lot for them to do there. They could have had another episode or two building up to the arc's conclusion, but I think it worked out pretty well, especially when Yuya vs. Dennis helped to provide a better sense of closure for the Xyz dimension. I can see why they didn't want to include a DM character. Not only because of the Dark Side of Dimensions, but pretty much any DM character would take up way too much attention from the Arc V cast and other legacy characters. Plus, the Standard dimension was basically the stand in for DM like the other dimensions were stand ins for the other spin-offs.

And now the games are out and we can play them. I'm still amazed in a way that it finally happened. That's cool that your Scorbunny turned out to be female. I rarely get a female starter too. I'm glad that you avoided all of the information. I experienced similar kind of "What is this?" reaction with the early route Pokemon. That made exploring the first two routes even more fun, especially when there were a lot more new Pokemon available right off the bat than I expected. I haven't looked up the list of new Pokemon just yet. I'll probably do that soon due to wanting to figure out my teams and I'll see fanart/gifts for them sooner rather than later. I managed to remain pretty unspoiled about the starter evolutions until after my Scorbunny evolved. It was a pretty awesome feeling to see it evolve for the first time, but I wasn't sure about choosing my second starter without knowing what they looked like. I still chose Grookey because my heart was set on it for months, it's still adorable and I do generally like its evolved forms. However, I'll say that Sobble's evolutions were a lot cooler than I expected and I was questioning my decision for awhile before sticking with Grookey. I've played around four hours on both versions and I'm still not at the first Gym yet. Granted, I'm sure at least some of that is due to my own slow pace when it comes to video games, but it also felt like there was a lot more to do early on with introducing new characters, rivals and setting up the Gym Challenge. It's really great and there are already so many new Pokemon that I love. I obviously can't really rate the games yet, but it is a really promising start as far as I'm concerned.
    Finally.

The first episode of the new series will cover Pikachu's backstory from back when he was born as a Pichu prior to meeting
    Ash at Professor Oak's Lab.
    The first opening is is 1, 2, 3 by After the Rain.

New artwork:
    lCoWVBq.jpg
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That was a pretty cool video. I liked seeing bits of the previous series, which does make the notion that they'll appear in this series a bit more plausible. The new footage from the upcoming series looks great. I still hope that they will be a female lead either with Koharu or they'll have a rotating slot for different female characters. That's really the only aspect of the new series thus far that I really dislike. Everything else sounds good, or at least potentially interesting, but not having a female lead sounds stupid for so many reasons.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    Agreed. I think they're gonna go the rotation route with the female characters unless a female character permanently joins Ash and Go
    later on in the series. The producer of this series said in Animedia Magainze that they were nervous on how the reception of the series
    only having two main characters would turn out prior to its reveal, but it's gotten a positive response in Japan.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EI65kaAVAAATs7E.jpg (source: www.twitter.com/DogasusBackpack/status/1193095004891185152)

But I think Koharu will probably join Ash and Go on their trips every now and then when she isn't busy with schoolwork.

But short of that, I like what I've seen. The animation's great and Ash seems to have more or less retained his personality from Sun & Moon
    which is fine by me as I enjoyed SM's portrayal of him and as a user pointed out in a thread, Ash is wearing one of his SM pajama shirts
    in one of the clips which pretty much all but debunks the misconception that the new series takes place in an alternate universe.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I remember seeing that comment. I'm slightly surprised that it was received positive in Japan, especially when the female leads tend to be pretty popular over there. I also still don't understand why they'd give Koharu a Yamper and a connection to Go if she was just going to be the schoolgirl friend. It doesn't even sound like they're going to be at the lab too often based on the episode titles we've gotten thus far. The animation does look really nice and Ash keeping his SM personality is pretty great too. I'm sure that people will still speculate that the new series takes place in a different universe. There were debates about SM being in a separate continuity until Misty and Brock came back and even then, there were still some debates about it for awhile.
    3 new songs debuted in today's episode of Tangled.
    Waiting in the Wings (Reprise)
    Music and Lyrics by Alan Menken and Glenn Slater
    Performed by Eden Espinosa (Cassandra) and Hudson D'Andrea

Crossing the Line
    Performed by Mandy Moore (Rapunzel) and Eden Espionsa (Cassandra)

Stronger Than Ever Before
    Performed by Mandy Moore (Rapunzel), Zachary Levi (Eugene) and James Monroe Iglehart (Lance)
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That was a really fun solo for Lance and it was a cool way to give him more screentime too. I think his voice actor had a lot of fun with that song as well. I absolutely love season three so far. The season premiere was terrific and I'm still amazed that the fan theory about Cassandra turned out to be true. The episodes have been pretty solid for the most part. There have been a lot of great character moments, heartwarming moments between Rapunzel and Eugene and the history behind Rapunzel and Cassandra's friendship was nice and the light hearted episodes have been pretty entertaining. I liked the time travel episode up until the ending. I think altering Eugene's memories so that his argument with Rapunzel didn't happen was more problematic than the writers intended or were aware of at the time. It's still a really good start to the season and it reminds me why I love the series so much. It's just so good, engaging and heartwarming. I'm eager to see more new episodes, but I'm also not sure if I want them to have another bomb release. Getting more new episodes sooner is awesome, but a part of me also wants to savor them.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    He probably did. James used to be Genie in the Broadway version of Aladdin. I was fine with the ending, but would've rather had Eugene and Rapunzel explain themselves better over a heart to heart after their argument instead of having Rapunzel mess with the space time continuum. Still a fun episode though.

I like the route that they're taking with Cassandra this season. She isn't a 100% "Mwahahahaha, I'm evil!!!" antagonist
    as the red rocks revealed that she's clearly mortified of what she's done and that the mysterious enchanted girl
    is all but psychologically terrorizing her mind as Cassandra still seems terrified at the thought of having to kill Rapunzel deep down.

I also like that Be Very Afraid also had Rapunzel reveal to Varian what happened to her.

I still think Cassandra is Season 3's temporary antagonist and that her arc will be resolved in the middle of the season,
    Zhan Tiri ending up being the "Final Boss" of the series, instead.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Oh yeah. I remember hearing about James being Genie in the Broadway version of Aladdin before, so he definitely would have enjoyed a Lance solo. I would have preferred Rapunzel and Eugene talking things out instead as well. Even just Eugene remembering what he went through as a kid after Rapunzel came back might have worked considering that it wouldn't have made people question if they were in a different timeline now. The ending was one of those things that bothered me more in retrospect than when I actually watched it, but it was still a pretty fun episode. I have checked out other fan reactions to these episodes and I am a bit surprised that people seem to be upset with how Eugene has been written. Honestly, he's easily one of the most interesting characters in the cast, gets a good amount of focus and has some terrific moments both on his own and his relationship with Rapunzel. He can be used for comedy relief, but that never felt like his defining trait or overshadowed everything else about him.

I'm kind of surprised that Cassandra didn't have more of a goal or plan in mind than just finding her destiny, but that does fit with how she has been emotionally manipulated from the start. Maybe she thought that she wouldn't have to hurt Rapunzel, but now she's afraid of having to do so in order to get what she wants. It does make me wonder how their inevitable confrontation will go down. I could see Cassandra being responsible for cutting Rapunzel's hair in an attempt to get the rest of the Moonstone's powers. I also like Rapunzel opening up to Varian about her fears. Their relationship has been pretty nice and being able to interact more has made it more endearing. I also really like that Varian has been dealing with his guilt over his actions even before the red rocks starting to come out. It made his redemption feel more meaningful in a way when it wasn't so easily resolved.

Zhan Tiri taking over as the final villain definitely sounds plausible. They've been setting him up for some time and Cassandra being a secondary antagonist up until the middle of the season makes sense.
    So it looks like details on the new series got leaked again.
    Pokémon (2019) will premiere on November 17th, 2019 in Japan Ash's friend is either an anime exclusive female character
    or a character from Sword & Shield that hasn't been revealed yet.
    ApU7whe.jpg

Nn5zdup.jpg
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Yeah, the hair clip and eyelashes most likely means that they are a girl. Hopefully that will be clearer in the trailer. I also don’t really see the advantage of a reboot or having movie Ash become the lead of the next series. The anime doesn’t have a huge amount of continuity to make it harder for new kids to jump into it. Each series is pretty much stand alone with some references to past adventure thrown in there, so I don’t really see what they’d get out of a reboot of the anime at this point.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    Pokémon (2019)'s TV Tokyo website had a news update.

New characters:
    Dr. Sakuragi
    Voiced by Yuichi Nakamura (N's seyiu from Best Wishes!)
    clleqgu.jpg

Dr. Sakuragi is a Pokémon professor who's also the head of the Sakuragi Laboratory in Vermilion City in the Kanto region.
    He continues to research Pokémon while also supporting our heroes.

Koharu
    Voiced by Kana Hanazawa (Sera's seiyu from Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions)
    FJn5mbr.jpg

A 10 year old girl who goes to school. She's Dr. Sakuragi's daughter and has been friends with Go since she was little.
    Her Yamper really loves her.

Setting:
    Ash and Go will be moving into and living in Dr. Sakuragi's Lab in-between their adventures across
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and the Galar region.
    They'll leave and return to Kanto via Vermilion City's sea port.

Vermilion City:
    WcbxZRr.jpg

Dr. Sakuragi's Lab:
    lZHHxFx.jpg

aiHEceT.jpg

i6U6Hld.jpg

rcwbql9.jpg

Ash and Go's Room:
    4blFAuF.jpg
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I heard about the new professor having N's Japanese voice actor, but I didn't know about Koharu having Sera's Japanese voice actress. That's pretty neat. I'm not sure why they Ash and Go would need a home base, but hopefully they'll still be traveling frequently. Ash rarely left Melmele Island for a long period of time. I was hoping that Koharu would be the female lead of the series, especially when people are still panicking over the thought that there wouldn't be one, but I don't know if that is less likely if she's just going to school.
    Have you seen the new Lucario plushie on the Pokemon Center? It's the same one on your avatar :)
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I just saw it. My avatar is one of the new artwork for the Pokemon Halloween merchandise for this year. I just fell in love with in instantly. I was hoping that the plush Lucario would be available in the U.S. Pokemon Center. Needless to say, I plan on getting one because it is so adorable.
    Alright seeing as how that chat is starting to get long, and buried soon I'm gonna start it new, and move it up here again.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Yeah, it would have made sense to include Yugi, Jonouchi and Anzu. Diva and possibly Atem being event exclusives make sense, but it just seems like such a strange choice to not include at least Yugi from the start. It makes the whole DSOD world feel so barren. I don't know if they'll give multiple forms to other characters. That is still possible, especially when there aren't a lot of DSOD characters for them to choose from, but I feel like season four Judai was an exception instead of the start of a trend. I was also hoping that there would be more improvements to the Kiryu event. I do appreciate some of the changes they added to the event, but it still feels too tedious and frustrating. Being able to draw two cards and normal summon twice every turn should also really be the standard instead of something we have buy with our gems to use though.

I never thought of the Exodia combo as plot armor, but that does make sense. They were smart in removing that instant victory from Yugi so early on in Duelist Kingdom. While he wouldn't automatically get the cards for Exodia every time, that still would have weakened the tension too much. I really miss feeling any kind of tension in a Yu-Gi-Oh! series. The protagonists won the vast majority of the time, but we usually didn't know how they'd win and for some cases like with Yuya, there was still the chance that they could lose even with something big on the line.

You're welcome. I hope that you'll be able to get a break. I'm not sure if you have seen the last few episodes, but I'm curious how you'll feel about them whenever you are able to watch them. Indecisive duels were definitely uncommon at that time, so I can understand why that would have been upsetting to you at the time. That is a reasonable assumption, but I think I would have only felt happy about the ending if I thought it was genuinely good. I'm glad that the series is over, but I could have dropped it any time if that was the main goal for me. Honestly, it's only been a couple of weeks and I still find myself thinking "Oh yeah, Vrains exists." Despite how much I dislike the series and how I can write pages of my many complaints about it, I really don't think that Vrains is too memorable. It's just kind of there. I just hope that we'll get more information about the new series sooner rather than later and we get a new head writer.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Sorry that I didn't respond earlier. I was just busy during most of this week. Admittedly, I appreciate the Kiryu event a bit more since it's one of the few events where I didn't have to get hundreds of items just to get all of the rewards out of it. It still felt a bit too tedious for my tastes, mainly because it would still be way too difficult to defeat Kiryu within five turns. But the changes they made were still generally helpful and showed that they did recognize the problems from the first time around. It just felt really annoying when I had to spend gems on an item that may or may not help me actually win the duel on time. I haven't done much for the current Yubel event, but I hope that I can get their exclusive Skill since I missed it the first time around. I'm also pretty sure that we'll get the Arc V versions of Jack, Crow, Kaito and Asuka. They would be pretty necessary for their Duelist Chronicles event. Not to mention it would be a perfect excuse to give them some of their Arc V aces and other support for their archetypes. I'm a bit surprised that there aren't more support for Black Wing monsters considering how huge the archetype is.

I read your thoughts on the Vrains ending and I agree for the most part. I didn't think that the duel would be cut short, if only because they'd want Yusaku to go undefeated in the series, but despite his refusal to merge at the start of the finale, I thought that he would change his mind before Ai died. I don't think that would have made the ending better necessarily, but it might have helped make it feel more like an actual ending. That would have resolved the whole issue of Ai being a threat to humanity. The duel itself was surprisingly good all things considered. It was at least engaging and the back and forth between Yusaku and Ai's strategies made it more interesting to watch at least.

I definitely agree that Yusaku dying in that simulated future was so stupid. That just felt like such blatant angst and drama for the shake of being dark more than anything else. Granted, it didn't help that I still don't understand how Ai could be a threat to humanity, other than the notion that any Ai that develops free will are destined to look down on humanity. It's a cliche and boring concept, but Vrains doesn't really put a more unique spin on it to make it more interesting, so it just feels so dull. Since I can't understand how and why Ai could be such a huge threat, I don't understand how Yusaku defending him would result in the military shooting a sixteen year old kid in cold blood. It really felt like they wanted to find any reason to justify erasing the Ignis.

And the epilogue was so pathetic. Few of the characters actually got any meaningful sendoffs. Most of them were in the same place as they were at the start of the series too. I'm still so upset that Onizuka became a champion mainly because I honestly don't see how anyone would care. Neither his character or his arc really connected to the main storyline of the series. In retrospect, Onizuka kind of feels like a one shot character that was changed to be a main character at the last minute, but they had no idea what to actually do with him. I don't think that removing Onizuka would have significantly improved Vrains. There are much worse problems in this series than him, but one less terrible element wouldn't have hurt. Onizuka's pathetic excuse of a character arc actively made season two even more of a mess. I would have expected Aoi to have no conclusion or meeting her plot device friend outside of a flashback would have been more frustrating, but she didn't really have a storyline that could go anywhere in the first place. Plus, I'm still a bit amazed that they developed enough self awareness to recognize that she didn't do anything. That sums up Aoi's role in Vrains way too perfectly.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Vrains is surpringly forgettable. A part of me thought that I'd still notice something by not watching in every Wednesday, but I really haven't. We usually get some news about a new series by December, but since Vrains ended earlier than expected and it is going to be released for the anime's 20th anniversary, I kind of expect that we'll hear about it sooner than that. Although, part of that depends on when they plan to premiere the new series. I kind of like the idea of the series premiering in January so that they could really capitalize on the 20th anniversary, but we might have heard something else about the series by now if that was the case. Having the series start around March or April like most of the other series sounds more plausible and they would get more time to promote it as well.
    The end begins October 7, 2019 only on Disney Channel and the DisneyNOW app
    4A9dueD.jpg

Season 3's premiere will be a 1 hour event.
    Season 3 premiere description:
    Rapunzel returns to the kingdom of Corona only to find that it has been taken over by an old enemy. Still reeling from Cassandra’s betrayal, Rapunzel must use her inner strength to save Corona and its people, including her parents, King Frederic and Queen Arianna. Sticking by her side is her partner in life, Eugene; her loyal chameleon sidekick, Pascal; no-nonsense and dutiful horse, Maximus; and Eugene’s best friend, Lance.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That would make sense. They'd want to build up to whatever she has planned and hype up her eventual confrontation with Rapunzel. They'll have to deal with quite a bit of aftermath for her betrayal. I'm also curious about what role Varian could play for the rest of the series. The fact that he wasn't with the ship full of other villains from season one was rather telling, so I suspect that they have something planned for him as well.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    More episode descriptions:
    Episode 9 - Day of the Animals
    Max, Pascal and the animals must rescue Rapunzel and the others from being trapped in a magical prison forever.

Episode 10 - Be Very Afraid
    When Corona is overcome by a new strain of rocks that induce fearful visions,
    Rapunzel joins forces with Varian to put an end to the new threat.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Those sound pretty cool too. I was wondering when Varian would appear. I'm still pretty sure that he took over the kingdom while Rapunzel's group was away. I'm also curious about what fearful visions the characters will have from these rocks. I wouldn't be surprised if that is related to whatever Cassandra's plans are.
    Hey. Nice profile picture!

Welp, at D23 yesterday, it was confirmed that the Disney+ Phineas and Ferb film's title has been finalized
    as Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe. The movie will release sometime in 2020.
    IzojOBV.jpg

YOI6agv.jpg

1JSS6V6.jpg

Meanwhile, in Japan, I don't wanna jump the gun just yet, but the Sword & Shield anime series might finally
    be revealed at the airing of next week's episode as a summary says that there'll be a major announcement during SM137's airing.
    EzpmzAp.png
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Thank you! I really like my new avatar too. I didn't see those new images of the Phineas and Ferb movie. It looks pretty cool. I'm hoping that they'll eventually be able to make a new season of Milo Murphy's Law too. I just saw that bit of information on Serebii and my first thought was a SWSH anime announcement. That would make the most sense for a world exclusive announcement, especially when they'd have a couple of months worth of promotion for the new series. Plus, I'd just really love to have something solid to speculate about the new series and know for sure who will be joining the cast.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom