• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. System Error

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

I wrote almost an entire 5.1k word chapter today. Like, almost all of it. The only things that weren't written before I started was the first scene of around 75 words, the first two sentences in the second scene, and a bit of point form dialogue none of which I ended up keeping. Shoutouts to...
  2. System Error

Back in action! 2.2k words today, maybe more. Making excellent progress on month 3, which is looking like it'll be a four-parter. I'll probably start on some month 1 editing after I get at least the first two parts fully drafted. Tile is sitting at 56.0KB right now, including some battlecrafting...
  3. System Error

Yesterday I did 3000ish or so. And today I got over 5000. I am on FIRE! Month 2.rtf is presently 143KB large - and I still have more to go, eesh. The rest shouldn't be that insanely huge (92.1KB for 1). They'll be split into shorter chapters of course. Also I did a sentence in my contest thing...
  4. System Error

Over 4000 words today! Huge chunks of the first part of the second segment of next fic, which may end up getting split into four parts given it's as big as the first segment with only one scene started on the third part (and second mostly finished). Besides that, tiny little bits of the third...
  5. System Error

I have finished the first draft of the first "chapter" of my next fic today as of 5 minutes ago. It clocks in at 92.0kb in Wordpad with 15864 words and will probably end up as three chapters total. Turned out way different than it was in planning due to scenes running longer than expected and a...
  6. System Error

Today? A series of scenes for my next fic worth around 4034 words in total. Maybe more depending on how motivated I am tonight. Next level motivation up in here.
  7. System Error

Status report here: yesterday, C2 first draft completed. Today: C3 first draft completed, being fully converted from script dialogue to actual writing. Had to expand it though due to logical writing making it longer than expected, so the fic is now 5 chapters instead of 4.
  8. System Error

Was inspired to Go Fast and the result was a 3274 word chapter over the past two days, excluding a few scraps that were written before. First draft of course. Could've been more, but I cut out a scene from planning since it didn't add much in the context of the small picture. Going to be...
  9. System Error

One day is the second-best timeframe, after Soon™ of course. Somehow despite a Trials of Mana binge I wrote an extra scene for the last chapter of my fic I felt should exist. Still need to figure out another small addition too. And which one of two ways to pull it off.
  10. System Error

C3 done editing. Went over it more than once today, by far the most changed from third draft to finished product so far. Had a lot of fun writing a certain gambling-loving character's lines, but getting them just right is key. Posting tomorrow/later on today as usual for the schedule I'm trying...
  11. System Error

Today in writing, I started on Chapter 8 of one of the two immediate follow-ups to my current fic. I could probably finish it outright tonight if I wanted to, made up a new character for it to help fill some gaps but need to find their beat. Note: I did this despite the current fic not being...
  12. System Error

Reminds me I need to get back on my FF challenge runs sometime. Of course I have to *play* to do that too. Edited that last scene of C2 tonight. Pretty extensive edits, adding a new paragraph while assimilating another making it much shorter, and general rewriting a bunch of things. Ready for...
  13. System Error

Tiny polishing off, and erasing two words that somehow got repeated post-publication in my finally getting posted story, featuring the first of many adventures of Nori Carino, no relation to any other Noris. Third drafting C2 now tonight, rewrote some sections to be hopefully better. Next is to...
  14. System Error

Given you're here you must be at least a little into Pokemon. So how did you not think of MISSINGNO.? My thing is off to a friend for looking over. It'll be ready soon, hopefully eventually! So in the meantime, a few scenes for something waaaay ahead popped into my head. So I wrote them while...
  15. System Error

Having completed the fic around the 10th and done some touchups over the 16-17th, I went back and did a more thorough combover and second draft of C1. Notable reworkings include describing the weather and some clothes in detail rather than the more simple descriptors. Felt the latter was...
  16. System Error

The night before: finished off the first scene in C7 and the final scene, and that one paragraph before the battle in C6. Tonight: the battle in C6. Came out more awkwardly than I intended, but not sure if in a good or bad way. The character is really unorthodox (for now) as is the situation...
  17. System Error

Progress the night before: first scene of C7 mostly done, including some parts I had to write up, but a few holes that aren't exploded or written yet. The final part of C6 done. Which is very weird since battlewriting I find most fun, but I guess saving the best for last is the easiest way to...
  18. System Error

LIKE I SAID C5 completed and thrown in the editing pile. Because I was still in the mind of the deuteragonist I did the scene from their perspective in C7 (which got done from scratch), as well as finishing off the scene right before it. Remaining: the end of C7, exploding the beginning of C7...
  19. System Error

Like I said... C4's third scene dialogue exploded into actual writing which was otherwise finished and now is. Final scene banged out from nothing. With second scene finished up the day before it's now complete, closed up, and thrown in the later editing pile. And since I was still in the mood...
  20. System Error

But will he be meeting Princess Angelise Misurugi? And to make this not just a memepost, ideally hoping to knock out C4/C5 of my current secret project this week. If not early next. Did a chunk of the second scene of C4 last night.