• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. Bolt Strike

Generation IV Remake Speculation

*jaw hits the floor* It's real. The leaks are real. I can't believe it. BDSP look fine, the chibi style make it look pretty faithful to the original so I'm not bothered. But Legends of Arceus? Hoo boy. I never would've imagined something like that in my wildest dreams. Open world Sinnoh? I...
  2. Bolt Strike

They did, and they're always expanding, but I don't think they've expanded enough to be capable of what was leaked in that rumor.
  3. Bolt Strike

4. Bolt Strike

Yes. After USUM was announced, some fans thought they would add new Alola forms but they didn't.
  5. Bolt Strike

Counterpoint: They did add new ones in the SwSh Expansion Pass. Maybe they saw the complaints of no new Alola forms and started adding some in the mid gen games?
  6. Bolt Strike

They've had some amount of new Pokemon every game now since SM. Not just every generation, every game. They don't seem to have the mentality of "we have to reserve everything for a new generation" anymore, they sprinkle a few even in the mid gen games now. I expect Sinnoh will do the same, so a...
  7. Bolt Strike

Honestly, if there's anything I can see them doing instead of DP remakes, it'd be a Super Mario 3D All Stars-esque collection (I hope I'm wrong about this one). Throw in a couple of the older games with little to no changes, charge $60, and call it a day, that's exactly the kind of...
  8. Bolt Strike

Eternity Diamond and Infinity Pearl have a nice ring to them and fit the console nature of these games, so I'll go with them.
  9. Bolt Strike

It's the 25th anniversary. Why wouldn't they have main game news here? All eyes are on them right now, so now's the perfect time to announce what they have planned for this year. That being said, we may not get much more than a name and logos. Even for new generations, the initial announcement...
  10. Bolt Strike

I mean, they're making a leap in logic, but they're not wrong. The idea of them twirling their moustache and going "Nyeh-heh-heh, let's see what we can do to disappoint fans today" is definitely inaccurate, but making decisions based on profitability does have that effect due to them looking to...
  11. Bolt Strike

SwSh also had the benefit of being a new generation game, which have always sold better than remakes. So that doesn't necessarily mean that consumers don't want LG style, it most likely means that they want new regions with new Pokemon. It's better to do a 1 to 1 comparison with other games of...
  12. Bolt Strike

Not really. Economics 101 says you try to maximize profit, and since profit is based on revenue minus expenses, you get more profit by either increasing revenue or decreasing expenses. So expecting Game Freak to take the cheap route is sadly feasible. That's not to say it's the only way they...
  13. Bolt Strike

I mean, the cash grabbiness comes from patterns, business logic, and market demand. I could see Let's Go happening on the basis that it's cheaper to make and draws in mobile gamers (or at least they think it does, I'm not convinced it does because so many of them don't want to buy dedicated...
  14. Bolt Strike

I do remember feeling like FRLG was a bit early for a remake, but I also started Pokemon with Silver and bought RBY a few years later. So it was even shorter for me. The lack of 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon in RS was most likely a factor in FRLG, there was a lot of controversy in RS omitting some of...
  15. Bolt Strike

It serves two purposes: 1. To capitalize on people's nostalgia for games they played when they were kids and get them to rebuy the game all over again. 2. To make the game available to people that never got the opportunity to play the original because they didn't have the console it originally...
  16. Bolt Strike

You forgot to mention Sinnoh Underground- will it be online? Will it be a Wild Area? Will there be Max Raid battles? Will it even be there at all or just replaced with the Digging Duo?
  17. Bolt Strike

That's usually what happens when we have nothing official to go on. Topics just phase in and out until we have actual news to discuss. Hopefully this will end by Friday.
  18. Bolt Strike

They can do a lot of things. They can redesign the areas, they can add new Pokemon to the regional dex, they can add or update new features, they can rewrite the story. What they will do is a different matter though and a lot more disappointing.
  19. Bolt Strike

Not so much for Voltorb Flip, there was still somewhat of a luck element to it, but you could narrow down the options with logic. I'd like to see it return, or at least something similar. But yeah, in general an arcade themed mini game location would be very much welcome.
  20. Bolt Strike

Eh, my favorite part of the reveal cycle is when the games are announced, but not released. Before the announcement, they're just spouting what kind of game they want, "DP remakes!", "Let's Go Johto!", "9th gen!", etc. without going into any detail and that's too vague and uninteresting, just...