• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. PkmnTrainerV

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

ORAS was not a faithful reproduction of the story not marketed as such. I missed the part where the originals had Zinnia or the primal reversions. It’s pretty clear they took the basic structure of the story and took creative liberties with it. ORAS did NOT include these words in their...
  2. PkmnTrainerV

Well, if you take the locations and the story that already makes 99% of a game. The only huge category that remains is quality of life features. People choosing to not elaborate themselves on the highest order when they say they’re in for a faithful remake when the two major aspects of a game...
  3. PkmnTrainerV

Now you’re the one misrepresenting the marketing. "The original story has been faithfully reproduced, and the sense of scale in the originals’ towns and routes has been carefully preserved" This is literally quote from their website so the faithful reproduction/recreation element also applies to...
  4. PkmnTrainerV

I’m not really sure how that was handled since I wasn’t really a part of the online fandom back then....
  5. PkmnTrainerV

I disagree. Both methods were incredibly bad in both extremes. Sun/Moon revealed everything while way too less was revealed for Sword and Shield. And then there was this making people stare at a screen jolt to reveal one Pokémon thing. There should be a medium, and Sword and Shield was way too...
  6. PkmnTrainerV

I didn’t know formal definitions actually existed for the terms, I just went by my intuition there... I thought the intent was for Legends Arceus to be the actual Sinnoh meaty content while BDSP were a way for newer players to get a feel for how Sinnoh as a region originally was, and know all...
  7. PkmnTrainerV

Based on what we have seen, it remains my opinion. It’s subject to change if we see something ground shattering. But for now I see no reason to believe it’ll bring significant changes.
  8. PkmnTrainerV

I’m of the opinion these games should've been marketed as "remasters" and not remakes just because if that. They probably chose to call these remakes so people give more importance to them.
  9. PkmnTrainerV

Sinnoh will most probably have its own unique HM replacement.
  10. PkmnTrainerV

One thing: Whenever someone says BDSP has bad graphics they’re flooded with replies saying graphic quality is subjective and I agree with that. That’s why I’m saying that saying BDSP has good graphics as a fact isn’t accurate either. It goes both ways. I don’t really see how this comparison is...
  11. PkmnTrainerV

Well, you don’t mention that anywhere and the screenshot has literally no landmark of importance, so how were people supposed to realise that? Genuine question. I apologise if I missed something obvious but that’s an incredibly vague screenshot. There isn’t enough to form an opinion on...
  12. PkmnTrainerV

You picked a focal landmark of importance, which happens to be a graphical highlight from DPPt, a scene with something going on in the sceeen, while for legends you picked probably one of the few screenshots which show absolutely nothing. It’s not at all a fair comparison. The fact that the BDSP...
  13. PkmnTrainerV

Anything can be justified if you cherry pick screenshots.
  14. PkmnTrainerV

They literally say they’ll be faithful but with modern conveniences. The HM removal has been one of the biggest modern conveniences in Pokémon.
  15. PkmnTrainerV

Isn’t that more of an issue with the 3DS resolution than the actual graphic fidelity of the game? It’s more a console issue than an art style one. Sun/Moon upscaled to Switch resolutions would be a more accurate comparison imo. This sentence pretty much confirms to me that we're getting...
  16. PkmnTrainerV

It’s not really that binary. Pokémon Legends is probably one of the most ambitious projects they’ve had going on. I wasn’t expecting something like that when I was on the “gamefreak is just churning out any profitable game” bandwagon.
  17. PkmnTrainerV

I think what BDSP should've been Let's Go Sinnoh games. Like full fledged Let's Go games on the LGPE engine. Or their faithfulness to the originals should be maximum and they could've been labelled a remaster of DP. When they were initially revealed I thought BDSP were remasters of DP so people...
  18. PkmnTrainerV

Yeah, I personally strongly disagree with urging people to "not buy the games", and "it’s objectively bad" (I need to see the trailer again myself, since I only saw the reveal). But the way Barry and the other trainers look personally highlight issues to me in three lighting department. I...
  19. PkmnTrainerV

That’s what, art styles are subjective. For me Sun and Moon with Switch resolutions look better than what BDSP are. Imo the design language of BDSP is really scattered, whereas a lot of these entries have cohesion built into the design language. I’ll take ORAS and LGPE styles over BDSP any day, too.
  20. PkmnTrainerV

I've lost almost all drive to post on most platforms due to the "us vs them" going on everywhere. I don’t really feel like writing analysis on these forums as well since a lot of it is just dismissed by anyone having an opposing opinion. The fact that I feel that this game has less effort put...