• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. PkmnTrainerV

Anime & Manga General Discussion

... It’s slightly weird to quote people reliving their favourite Anime moments in a thread called the General thread and say something that comes across as “No, that’s what I want”.... Just because something’s the newest in town doesn’t mean that people should only talk about it. There are...
  2. PkmnTrainerV

It’s more of an elder brother figure than a parental one imo.
  3. PkmnTrainerV

That’s one of the few reasons I have a headcanon that Ash's Dragonite is a male, and not female which tends to be the popular opinion here.
  4. PkmnTrainerV

Here’s some from the lesser loved characters of the Kalos region!
  5. PkmnTrainerV

Here’s an entry on "How Ash's rivalries used to be: Sun and Moon edition!"
  6. PkmnTrainerV

Well the amount of theories I saw about Koharu's Eevee made me feel like I’m in some weird minority. I’ll let Meowth slide because it was highly situational due to Eternatus and cannot be repeated regularly, Ash is a huge offender, but I’m not too concerned since the Pokeball thing isn’t a huge...
  7. PkmnTrainerV

Here’s one of my pretty controversial opinions: G-Max Factor doesn’t exist in the anime. Every species capable of Gigantamax does it by default, streamlining the mechanic. It was probably implemented in the games to increase the rarity of G-Max, but it doesn’t really happen in the anime imo...
  8. PkmnTrainerV

I just chose to point that out because I misunderstood what the post meant. My replies might have been different if I knew it from the get go. It wasn’t meant to be in bad faith so I apologise if it came across that way. I put in lines about that in my post just to clarify that I had to change...
  9. PkmnTrainerV

That’s quite a different interpretation of the word from what I've seen, since seriousness isn’t usually related to competency in literal definitions. Anyways, XY might be high on that definition of competency but I don't even know if that should be compared since seriousness isn’t one of Ash's...
  10. PkmnTrainerV

I mean, "competency" usually refers to battle ability, so most people would assume that at a glance... But if you’re referring to his character, then I’d argue that he got an upgrade from XY to SM, not a regression. Ash is significantly more expressive in SM, it comes with being a victim of...
  11. PkmnTrainerV

I don’t think his SM self should be called a regression. He still remains his battle competent self but doesn’t battle so we just don’t get to see that part most often. In SM Ash is thrown into situations he has never faced before. I’m pretty sure Ash had never dealt with washing machines, for...
  12. PkmnTrainerV

I don’t see how the clones aren’t legal. Nothing prevents a Pokémon from being a trainer anyways. Everyone arrived to battle Mewtwo as a trainee in the movie. It was a joke at the end anyways ‍♂️
  13. PkmnTrainerV

M01 Mewtwo challenged opponents as a trainer. @GrookeyFan77
  14. PkmnTrainerV

Well technically M01 Mewtwo as well...
  15. PkmnTrainerV

I don’t think Dracovish has an illness but sure is an asymptomatic carrier- whoever comes in contact with Dracovish gets selective amnesia and forgets it exists,
  16. PkmnTrainerV

To be fair, Ash took a lot more work to do it in most cases. Just compare Infernape and Cinderace, or Froakie and Sobble.
  17. PkmnTrainerV

Because it’s fairly recent? Recent and hyped stuff tends to get more traction, logically speaking.
  18. PkmnTrainerV

Infernape actually had a character arc though, and the Pokemon with most personal stakes against a rival. I wouldn’t compare it to Greninja due to those facts alone, who lost most of its personality traits just to show off its power.
  19. PkmnTrainerV

I disagree on that one. Turtwig's evolution actually had a nice arc going on about how Ash couldn’t handle slower Pokémon, and even Turtwig had issues adjusting to itself: leading to one of the best scenes with a main cast Pokemon paired with a rival Pokémon. The simple solution is just giving...
  20. PkmnTrainerV

PETA is a joke. They literally euthanise healthy animals. They were sued for euthanising a little girl’s pet without bothering to wait for the required amount of time.