• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. SpinyShell

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

I think--but I could be wrong--that they're referring to the relative sizes of the overworld.
  2. SpinyShell

This assumes that A) there is a broad fan consensus on what the games should've look like, and B) that TPCi was somehow unaware of it. For all we know, whoever was in charge of the planning for this game may have been aware that some fans wanted a SwSh-esque but ultimately decided against it...
  3. SpinyShell

Since I missed this in my first reply (funny given that's what started the discussion about the exp share), I just decided to make another post. I honestly don't think she will be easy, and I think fears that she will are overblown. Even if there's a permanent exp share, which would lend itself...
  4. SpinyShell

I’ve noticed that Leon and Ultra Necrozema seem curved to the exp share, however, they’re the only other trainers that I noticed. I was above most everyone else in those games.
  5. SpinyShell

You weren't really putting on accessories--it was more like the Alolan Photo Club where you placed a few stickers over your Pokémon's sprite. The developers could probably make the dress-up portion very similar to the photo club. The only issue would be the fact that the accessories showed up...
  6. SpinyShell

I mean, just look at what "first impressions are key" means and what "don't judge a book by its cover" means and it should be clear.
  7. SpinyShell

Ah, I misinterpreted what you wrote, sorry about that.
  8. SpinyShell

Reading through this interview, it appears that was a joke referencing the large amount of content put in those games. I don't see how adding tons of content equates greed; one could argue the opposite. I could see the dress-up portion functioning similar to the Alolan Photo Club while dancing...
  9. SpinyShell

There's no direct evidence like a survey, but it's not difficult to see that one of the fastest and best selling Switch games is well-liked. You don't just sell 20 million games, being the first games to breach that number in almost 20 years to boot, if a sizable number of your consumer-base...
  10. SpinyShell

Online polls are never reliable because people with stronger opinions, especially negative ones, are more likely to vote and because it is impossible to ensure a representative sample. Source: I took a stats class last year in college. We had a unit of polling and online, invitational polls...
  11. SpinyShell

I highly, highly doubt we will see D/Gmax: There definitely isn't plenty of space, just look at the cramped overworld and LGPE-style battlefields and compare to the locations where Dynamax was possible in SwSh.
  12. SpinyShell

I doubt that is a concern of GameFreak considering starters are typically not the most viable of Pokémon. Heck, the Kalos starters were "outclassed" in their own region with its own unique (at the time) mechanic.
  13. SpinyShell

I think there's a decent possibility that Megas will be in the games, just not new Megas.
  14. SpinyShell

Ferromagnetism. I don't mean to be a downer, but I think it is unlikely that we will see any of those. That being said, I do think Megas are more likely compared to the other two because they can be fit more organically into the game while staying faithful in my opinion.
  15. SpinyShell

Wild Areas most likely not. However, I do think there's a possibly of following Pokémon not being restricted to just Amity Square.
  16. SpinyShell

I wanted to find an overworld image of the player's bedroom but couldn't, so I went with that instead.
  17. SpinyShell

Looking at how conservative the overworld models and environments are, I wish they went for a more... "experimental" approach to the art style of the game. To me, BDSP's art style look generic, for Pokémon at least. Not in terms of the actual models but the textures, lighting, etc.--the skin of...
  18. SpinyShell

I think I would be much more receptive to the graphics if they gave the overworld chibi models black button eyes a la the Link’s Awakening remaster because right now chibi Dawn’s empty eyes combined with her permanent smile makes it look like she’s got thirteen bodies buried in her backyard.