• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. swiftgallade46

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Hmm well that would depend on if Transform is able to copy the G-Max factor. I’m not sure. Then again, we also physically saw Pikachu evolve from a Pichu so there’s that :P
  2. swiftgallade46

One could make the argument that it didn’t evolve despite making contact in the OS because it has the G-Max factor (even though obviously that wouldn’t become a thing until over 20 years later). Also, I believe Meowth stated it didn’t want to be in a Pokeball, right? Other than that Luxury Ball
  3. swiftgallade46

I believe it actually is outright stated at some point that Pokemon learn four moves, but all I’m going on is loose memory so take that for what it’s worth lol. In the OS I was actually more confused than anything as a kid.
  4. swiftgallade46

The four move slot limit is a staple for the series as a whole. In the OS when a Pokémon used more than 4 moves at once it was widely regarded as a mistake rather than a creative deviation from the games.
  5. swiftgallade46

I agree, I was trying to think of a way to keep Electroweb while still having it learn a new move since that’s what people believe is going to occur.
  6. swiftgallade46

What if they replaced Iron Tail or Quick Attack for a different non-Electric move?
  7. swiftgallade46

There was also Brock’s Happiny and Dawn’s Pachirisu
  8. swiftgallade46

Scorbunny and Torchic were both pretty comedic at times, but then they both evolved. Same with Sobble. Makes you wonder if it was really necessary to keep the others unevolved.
  9. swiftgallade46

I think he tended to respond to these situations more seriously in XY. No, seriousness is not a core trait but that’s what made him different in XY as opposed to the preceding and following series. He was put in those situations more, and he chose to respond to situations in a less whimsical...
  10. swiftgallade46

It was less pronounced in Kalos, overall. He had moments, like I stated, but he was more focused and had more serious moments than usual. His interactions with other characters was different, too.
  11. swiftgallade46

Competency doesn’t have to relate to battles. In this case, I was referring to his overall demeanor and level of seriousness in and out of tense situations. You’re also misinterpreting what I meant by regression. Regression isn’t always a bad thing; it just meant he went back to how he was at...
  12. swiftgallade46

I was referring to his character; not his battling prowess. He acts pretty much the same in JN as he had in SM, imo.
  13. swiftgallade46

I feel like Ash is always going to be absent-minded and forgetful, etc. Those are just his character traits. No amount of arcs or development are going to ‘cure’ him of those things. I agree there are moments when it goes overboard, though. I’ll also say...he was seemingly a lot more competent...
  14. swiftgallade46

I was actually comparing it to Sliggoo who was arguably more rushed than Raboot was. Actually, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Monferno get a lot of criticism for being rushed as well. Point being, I still don’t see the “one point for Goh being better than Ash” implications here.
  15. swiftgallade46

Eevee and Pikachu aren’t great examples since they both count against your main point that evolution is the end goal. I honestly don’t see much more of an emphasis on evolution as a goal here than in past series.
  16. swiftgallade46

It’s not like evolving the starters is that much different from evolving anything else. Ash has fully evolved 3 separate 3-stage Pokémon in one series in the past.
  17. swiftgallade46

I loved Ash’s Rowlet lol. The only issue I had with it is I wish it could have evolved.
  18. swiftgallade46

Ah, I understand. To be fair, I do like some major aspects of Goh. Overall his character is just decent to me, not great, but his goals are something I relate to personally when it comes to Pokémon. The passion of the pokeani community is a blessing and a curse. As a whole I think we could all...
  19. swiftgallade46

I like Chloe but TR and Ash have a ton of fans. I actually like TR in this series. Ash I’m pretty neutral towards but then I’ve been neutral towards him for a while now.
  20. swiftgallade46

If you’re asking about most recently; Goh just caught Grookey which means he now has all 3 Galar starters leaving none to go to Ash for the first time ever. A lot of people are upset about this while many (like myself) are ok with it. Some people are also upset about how it was done (I.e. it was...