• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. Bolt Strike

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

That's subjective, but generally Game Freak leans to the conservative end of the spectrum and keep most of it the same. I would expect few changes. Those are some pretty broad strokes you're painting when it comes to gameplay. The story does place some limits on the gameplay in that there are...
  2. Bolt Strike

Easier but not stupidly easy. They tend to give the Elite 4 movesets that counter their weaknesses. Garchomp will certainly have Poison Jab or Iron Head to keep Fairies in check, and if they can find a way to give Spiritomb a Poison or Steel type move (since it currently doesn't have one), they...
  3. Bolt Strike

No, I think it does change things. Reimaginings tend to change more than just one aspect of the gameplay, the entire game is changed in multiple, highly noticeable ways. Being that religiously similar to the originals in so many areas, to the point of being the "faithful remake" everyone assumes...
  4. Bolt Strike

I would disagree with this. LGPE didn't make nearly enough changes to fit the reimagining category, all it really changed was the capture mechanics and swapped out the protagonists and rivals, the Pokemon selection, region design, and story were mostly untouched. LGPE is more like a remake than...
  5. Bolt Strike

Honestly I feel that most remakes tend to fall on the "remaster" side of the spectrum anyway, which makes interchanging the terms even more confusing. Pokemon fans are in a sense spoiled, most "remakes" just tend to make minor tweaks in the graphics (usually upping frame rate and/or resolution)...
  6. Bolt Strike

https://helps.game.co.uk/support/solutions/articles/77000318075-pre-order-price-guarantee Hmm, so it looks like they don't charge you until the game actually gets shipped out and they'll charge you the official price, so I guess if you were to pay early (could you? I usually like to at...
  7. Bolt Strike

They better be offering to refund the difference if it's less, otherwise anyone who preorders now is getting ripped off. Yeah, it sucks that the game is most likely going to be $60, but that's not my biggest issue with this scenario. It's that GAME is charging MORE than $60 for a pre-order...
  8. Bolt Strike

That was Skiddo. Gogoat is a glorified tour bus in Lumiose City (what was the point of that again?). But yeah, I see no reason why Ride Pokemon are Alola only.
  9. Bolt Strike

No, they don't always have lore associated with certain features. Sometimes they do, sometimes they just put it in and don't explain why it's there at all. Ride Pokemon is a mechanic that really doesn't need a lot of explanation. You don't seriously think Alola's the only region that thought...
  10. Bolt Strike

Not quite. Some Pokemon can be ridden and can fly and surf, but other than that, you can only use your partner for field moves. You cannot use any other Pokemon to cut down trees, warp to a previously visited city, push boulders, or light up dark areas, you have to use your partner.
  11. Bolt Strike

I'm less certain we'll get those mechanics specifically as much as we'll get something functionally similar with a different name. Much like how say, Amie/Refresh/Camp are all similar pet sim mechanics to raise friendship/affection but they're called something different and all work slightly...
  12. Bolt Strike

I definitely think there will be some kind of tie in to LA. Maybe just a minor throwaway reference, but I think they'll do something to acknowledge LA's existence. The difference between HMs and Pokemon following is that fans actually asked for Pokemon following back. There's little if any...
  13. Bolt Strike

It's not complicated, but it's very easy to mess up and result in some very unsatisfied casuals. Why do you think they wouldn't let us delete HMs for all of that time? Poke Ride or Secret Techinques wouldn't be that much harder than HMs. Just program in some overworld models for the Pokemon...
  14. Bolt Strike

Casual players probably aren't going to think of that, or maybe even have enough Pokemon to have that luxury. Whatever they do for field moves has to be simple, straightforward, and foolproof to make it accessible. So Poke Ride or Secret Techniques would be a better solution in that regard than TMs.
  15. Bolt Strike

What if you overwrote an Egg move or something special you couldn't reteach to your Pokemon to get out then? That's probably a situation best avoided, so retconning them to TMs isn't really a good solution. Poke Ride/Secret Techniques are probably a better solution.
  16. Bolt Strike

I have to wonder how field moves are going to be handled in this game. HMs are probably going to stay dead, but if it's a faithful remake, I don't think they'll remove a lot of field abilities like SwSh, which only had equivalents for Fly and Surf. My guess is they have a Poke Ride/Secret...
  17. Bolt Strike

Dawn's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable confirmed.
  18. Bolt Strike

There was some optimism, but also some confusion on how much was changed. The initial press release made it sound like it might be a sequel which got people excited, but then as concrete information came out it became more and more apparent that it was a faithful remake and not much was...