• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. AnimeJewel246

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Yup. I'm kinda more than a little salty over this.
  2. AnimeJewel246

Including...*dramatic fanfare* Well, folks, see ya tommorow for another edition on "What the Pokemon of the Series Used to Be", so stay tuned! ;)
  3. AnimeJewel246

This week on "What Ash's Pokemon Used to Be!(And Should Be)" we have an entry from the Sun and Moon series! Next up, from AG! And from BW, we have an adorable shot where in a small "blink and you'll miss it" moment, you see Pignite protecting the smaller pokemon and Charizard's tail from...
  4. AnimeJewel246

The first one is from XY episode 8 and I don't know where the second one comes from, sorry.
  5. AnimeJewel246

Honestly, I feel like majority of people would agree with you. Especially since there is no confirmation, Pikachu and Meowth(two pokemon shown to dislike the prospect of evolving) can both conveniently G-max, and both cases are extremely weird in the fact that neither pokemon needs a Poke ball...
  6. AnimeJewel246

Fair and...true. *sigh* Welp, I guess I can still make this my headcanon...that being said, what if Mew was able to emulate the Gigantamax factor? Would that make this probable? (If that's going for the argument that Mew should logically be able to copy Mega Evolutions-but G-Max is different so...)
  7. AnimeJewel246

So, I was looking over some facts on the anime and pieced a few things together about Pikachu. First, Pikachu seemed rather clueless on Pikachu customs in the Pikachu's Goodbye episode, implying from the very beginning that he wasn't raised by other Pikachu. Second, the fact that he had made...
  8. AnimeJewel246

Hm...so if Ash's Pikachu in particular were to be caught by a cramorant, do you think that he would actually try to escape as opposed to the games, or would he just be caught for the rest of the episode? Or...what if the cramorant accidentally took Pikachu to Team Rocket???
  9. AnimeJewel246

Wait, wouldn't Pikachu just shock the cramorant and be done with it? Unless it's somehow Swellow 2.0, it is still a water type and shouldn't be able to move after a Thunderbolt.
  10. AnimeJewel246

I don't think Ash really cares about that sort of thing. The reason why he wouldn't have a favorite type is the same reason why he doesn't have a favorite pokemon: he loves all of them. (It has, however, been said that his favorite move is Thunderbolt...though that's most likely only because...
  11. AnimeJewel246

I feel like that's a good thing, in all honesty. If Ash's Charizard became like the other Charizards that have appeared in the anime before, then he would start to feel flat and repetitive.
  12. AnimeJewel246

Hm. That's fair. Like I said, I'm being rather obstinate on this so I don't think I can add much else to this conversation lol. :bulbaLove: :LOL:
  13. AnimeJewel246

But it made sense, though. Back to the "unlearning riding a bike" reasoning, it felt more natural when OS had pokemon use more than four moves at times. And even if the reasoning behind the four-move limit is true(as Ghost Diplocaulus has provided) it's never directly stated, so we get no...
  14. AnimeJewel246

Fair point lol. :LOL: Honestly, I just don't want any of his moves to go: especially Electroweb...seriously, I never understood why literally out of nowhere the anime staff decided to stick with the four-move rule when it makes no sense in the anime universe yet ignore logistics of other game...
  15. AnimeJewel246

I don't really think that move fits Pikachu, though. Play Rough worked well for Mimikkyu because of how the move was presented: a very brutal move, and while Pikachu can be rater brutal himself, it's more with his own moves that fit his style rather than an actual move that fits that...
  16. AnimeJewel246

I kinda wish they just kept Pikachu using more than four moves, honestly. Who cares about the games? Apparently half the time the anime doesn't even follow game mechanics properly: why is this one so special? Especially since it makes zero sense. You ever tried unlearning how to ride a bike...
  17. AnimeJewel246

My guess? More filler. Though, I'm actually interested to know more about Goh's backstory and some Chloe focus would be nice too, so maybe we get a little bit of that? Oh yeah, and Gary.
  18. AnimeJewel246

I actually really liked Togepi, in all honesty. OS was an age where the cast was tight and close and had great dynamics with one another-the only one really receiving development would be Ash, Pikachu, and Charizard. I especially liked its relationship with Pikachu and the Metronome gimmick...
  19. AnimeJewel246

I don't remember much of XY(which is why I'm currently rewatching it)but I don't think Dedenne ever did anything of note either...?
  20. AnimeJewel246

Actually, Pikachu won a crap ton of battles in BW as well. And bashing Pikachu's entire overall performance because he lost to an OP Snivy that had no business being as OP as it was and was arguably more inconsistent than Pikachu while belonging to one of the most terribly done rivals Ash has...