• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. N

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

I honestly never cared for Amity Square precisely because it only allowed very few pokemon in it and it was just a small space to walk around. If they are gonna make it better, at least allow all pokemon to be in it. And maybe add some minigames or something to do.
  2. N

I vividily remember several megas not being revealed pre-release like Mega Alakazam (it was the day that the spoon meme was made), Manetric, Mawile, Houndoom, Tyranitar and a few others.
  3. N

Speaking of Electivire, still waiting for Electric/Fighting Mega Electivire to be a thing.
  4. N

They could just make minigames like the Pokemon Amie minigames in XY and ORAS and add those to the Veilstone Game Corner. The way the Game Corner has been handled so far since it was removed from even from the remakes of games that used to have it has always been head scratching. So many ways...
  5. N

I'll just use Munchlax to stall the battle and she'll concede me as champion out of boredom.
  6. N

Yeah, i doubt they are gonna have someone in their early to mid teens walking around with a machete.
  7. N

You actively have to avoid so much stuff in Sword and Shield to avoid getting overleveled that is ridiculous. Hence why it's not ridiculous to think these remakes might unfortunately get the same treatment.
  8. N

Sword and Shield definitely didn't take it into account given how extremely easy it is to get overleveled. And that's not even touching pokemon camp, pokemon candies and the other ways to get experience points. I get a lot of people don't like grinding, but the 3D games have gone in the...
  9. N

They don't. Since XY the Exp. Share overlevels you, and it's been the same since then. Sword and Shield even went overboard by having way too many ways to gain experience points.
  10. N

Not a single game's level curve with this exp. share was made with it in mind, what makes you think they will do it now? Even if it's a different developer.
  11. N

In before you can't turn off Exp. Share, meaning you get overleveled because the game's level curve is not made around it, meaning whatever coverage the opponent's pokemon have doesn't matter because you are like 10 levels above them and they just got one shot.
  12. N

Yeah, gonna disagree heavily with that. A sale is not the same as a satisfied costumer. Many factors go into why someone buys a game, specially if their first title in the series. You do if you are one of the most popular franchises in the world. But even then, selling 20 million with the...
  13. N

This is actually kind of pathetic if you think about it. The Gameboy Color sold way less than what the Switch sold, meaning its userbase is smaller than the Switch, and yet Gold and Silver still sold more than Sword and Shield. You can say Gold and Silver came out 21 years ago and had more time...
  14. N

The pit of removed features over the years is far bigger than one or two. And Masuda is responsible for a lot of the very questionable choices over the years, and he has to be because he's the director and that's the last person to decide if something stays or not. Just because he might be...
  15. N

As soon as Greninja got Protean, it waved goodbye to the majority of the megas when it up the viability pole (and definitely up the popularity pole, this thing was everywhere during Gen 6 and even Gen 7). Funny how a very similar thing happened with Cinderace when it got basically the same ability.
  16. N

Using a remake from 2011 to make a remake from ten years later look better. And even then, i'm gonna give a hard disagree on looking better (and i can't believe i'm defending Ocarina given that it's one of my least favorite Zelda games), but BDSP doesn't look that much better than Ocarina 3D.
  17. N

If they do bring back HMs, at least bump the base damage of stuff like Rock Smash and the others with low base damage. Defog as an enviromental hazard needs to go though.
  18. N

Regardless of their claim of being faithful to the originals and the remake being made by another team, it would be really weird for this game to bring back arguably the most criticized element in the series prior to Gen 7. I mean, HM slave was used as an indirect insult to the entire mechanic...
  19. N

Riding pokemon was one of the things i liked about Gen 7. So if you are gonna reuse something from the recent games, use the good stuff.
  20. N

Honestly i would take a highly detailed 2D sprite based mainline pokemon game at this point. I'm just getting tired of 3D in this series, specially when it has been thoroughly underwhelming given how much better 3D is in other franchises.