• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Search results

1. P

REVIEW: SM135: The Semifinals! Kaki VS Glazio!!

Another good episode to go with last week's, I appreciate them making up for Ash vs. Hau by giving us two solid episodes, both with actually good battles and what looks to be a third one to come. My only real complaint would be that Marowak got KO'd a bit too quickly, but other than that it was...
  2. P

REVIEW: SM134: Everyone's Fully Powered! The Road to the Semifinals!!

Now this is how you write a League episode. Some nice strategies from both Sophacles and Kiawe, along with a particularly tense battle between Lana and Guzma with Lana being clearly outmatched to help build Guzma's thread and it's always nice to see Guzma's dirty tactics at play, if a bit...
  3. P

Galar Regional Variants aka Galarian Forms

It's been a number of hours now and Obstagoon as a design is starting to grow on me a bit. The key phrase being 'as a design'. I genuinely think it could work as a sapient alien species in something like Lilo and Stitch or Dragon Ball Z, but as a Pokémon it just doesn't work for me. It's...
  4. P

I've got no objections to other people liking anthropomorphic designs, but I'm personally not a fan in general. Obstagoon just happens to be a particularly bad design on top of that. At least in my opinion, I can kind of see how Obstagoon might appeal to some people.
  5. P

I like Galarian Weezing, but then again I like both Weezing in general and giant industrial factories and the like, so there's that. Galarian Zigzagoon is good, Galarian Linoone is less good but still good, though I'm afraid Obstagoon is getting a just no from me. Not a fan of the...
  6. P

PREVIEW: SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

The reply to that tweet wished him a happy birthday, and when I looked it up I found out it is indeed his birthday today. Ouch. Hopefully they'll put him back on slice of life episodes again soon so he can write to his strengths and start getting good reviews again.
  7. P

PREVIEW: SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Maybe it'll be like the Lana trial episode and not be terrible. My hopes aren't particularly high especially after the last episode, but it's at least possible that it won't be a total garbage fire, right?
  8. P

REVIEW: SM133: Bird Battle! Brave Bird VS God Bird!!

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us600050if/executive I'm going to assume it was this one. Luckily it looks like most if not all of the worst shaking was offshore.
  9. P

He's a good enough writer when he's not writing battles, it's that they keep putting him on battles that's the issue. All I can say is that I hope Sword and Shield's head writer or whoever assigns episodes takes better care of episode reception and assigns plots based on which writer's strengths...
  10. P

I wouldn't have called BS. Rowlet was very clearly losing the match until that point. I was afraid we were going to get more 'Ash's Pokémon takes enough damage to equal an army of nukes at point blank range before lightly tapping its opponent with a couple of pebbles and winning' thing they like...
  11. P

I would agree if it wasn't a recurring theme with him. Jun'ichi has proven multiple times now that he's not good at writing battles. Criticizing him as a person would be wrong, but people here have just been criticizing his proven inability to screenwrite battles. Granted it's probably...
  12. P

Now that might have actually been somewhat funny, provided Hau wasn't given long enough to let it sink in that he had won. Like if Rowlet flew back on to the field a second or two after Nanu declared Hau the winner. As it was however the whole thing was mean-spirited, cruel and overall a huge...
  13. P

Well that's going to replace the Cameron episodes in my nightmares.
  14. P

Jun'ichi, Jun'ichi, Jun'ichi... For a moment there I thought we were finally going to get a good battle episode out of you, and when Ash lost I was genuinely impressed that you had the guts to have Hau win and have the rest of the League go on even without our main character in the running. Too...
  15. P

REVIEW: M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

I would like it if the DVD came with two audio tracks, one that had the Japanese music and one that had the 4Kid's music. Since that's incredibly unlikely however they'd be better of going with the Japanese score from the start. I mean it's not as though we don't have nostalgia for the tracks...
  16. P

REVIEW: SM130: Mao and Suiren! Super Full-Force Friendship Battle!!

Pretty good episode, we knew the other battles weren't the focus so I don't so much mind them mostly skipping straight to the Mao vs. Suiren fight we all wanted to see. And even then what we did see of the other battles was good, with the possible exception of Satoshi vs. Sauboh being another...
  17. P

4 unreleased episodes of English Season 1 coming in August

They're most likely referring to the final 4 episodes of the season, being the Police Growlithe episode and the three Snap episodes. When they released the original Indigo League Super Wallet they had 2 Pokémon Chronicles bonus discs instead of just 1, meaning that the last disc of the actual...
  18. P

PREVIEW: M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

The other advantage of Amber not being in it is that it means that she's safe from the wonky 3D modelling that made Voyager look so terrible.
  19. P

PREVIEW: M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

Well that's disappointing if true.
  20. P

Pokemon Masters Promo Short

They miscolored the Lass's skirt in one shot. The close-up of Erika handing out her badge shows the Lass's arms holding Whimsicott, but what should be her skirt is colored as if it were part of Erika's kimono. Not really a massive flaw and it doesn't undermine how nice the rest of it looks, but...