• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

Search results

1. PTOldMan

Preview JN024: Take a Break! Rocket-dan!

My dream VA list would be something that included this: Habunake - Chie Satō Megayanma - Kiyotaka Furushima Muskippa - Daisuke Sakaguchi Manene - Ikue Ohtani
  2. PTOldMan

Netflix has secured exclusive rights to Pokemon Journeys/PM2019 in the US

Something ''funny'' is happening on Netflix. I am from Portugal, and our Pokémon movies and episodes on Netflix have as audio options the English dub, the Spanish dub and the French dub (aside from the Portuguese dub). I noticed yesterday that the Brazilian Portuguese dub was added to every...
  3. PTOldMan

S23: Pokemon Journeys: The Series Episode Dub Title Thread (and Reflections)

I don't know what this will mean for my country, Portugal, but our local broadcaster (Biggs) has been acting weird lately. They are usually very active in promoting new episodes, and they always air them at the best timeslots, with one or two reruns per day. But a couple of weeks ago they...
  4. PTOldMan

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

So, now we know that Mareanie, Mimikyu and Bewear are in Galar, can I start to expect that for the first time since Unova Team Rocket are going to carry their Pokémon to the next region, possibly allowing them to have a bigger roster (as with Sinnoh)? And Galarian Weezing, I can't wait to see...
  5. PTOldMan

Review SM131: Musashi VS Kojirō! Battlefield of Truth and Love!!

My expectations were kind of higher than what we actually got, but there were still some very interesting parts in the episode. It's sad that most of the battle was spoiled by the preview, but I actually enjoyed how James overcame Wobbuffet. If I am not mistaken, this is the first time in the...
  6. PTOldMan

Unpopular opinion: TPCI's dub has the exact same quality as 4Kids' dub

I think that Veronica Taylor was more "sweet" and natural, I guess. But I don't think Sarah Natochenny is a bad Ash, my only problem is when Ash screams, I really don't like how she portrays Ash during these moments. But, all in all, I really don't think the voice actors are the main problem...
  7. PTOldMan

Yeah, but it is the same situation regarding TPCi's dub. When TPCi took over that was the version we got here in Portugal. That's what I wanted to say.
  8. PTOldMan

I am from Portugal, so the version I watched while growing up was the Portuguese dub, so I have no nostalgia goggles when discussing this because the 4Kids dub was not part of my childhood. And I can say that comparing the 4Kids' and the TPCi's dubs, the 4Kids' dub is way better. Although...
  9. PTOldMan

Preview SM131: Musashi VS Kojirō! Battlefield of Truth and Love!!

Wow, am I dreaming? First they allow them to enter the League (I remember that episode back in Kanto in which Jessie had a fantasy about winning the League). And now we are getting this? This is so good. I really hope they don't get taken away by Bewear, so that after this one of them gets to...
  10. PTOldMan

Preview SM128: The Curtain Rises! The Alola Pokémon League!!

There has been some light foreshadowing of a bigger Team Rocket arc, with that Giovanni and Nanu stuff, so who knows?
  11. PTOldMan

Preview SM129: The Great Fray! Battle Royal 151!!

We don't know the rules, but my wishful thinking regarding Team Rocket is that Jessie and James will be competing separately, but during the Battle Royal there will be no rules against teamwork and thus Jessie and James will help each other, even using Z-moves together (and lending their...
  12. PTOldMan

Did JJM do anything significant against Aqua/Magma?

They actually did something there. During the build up episodes the only important thing I recall them doing was during Aqua's debut episode, if I recall correctly. They stopped that grunt from stealing that thing from Devon. But during the finale, although they didn't have an active part in...
  13. PTOldMan

Review S21 EP38: All They Want to Do is Dance Dance!

How was the TR's motto?
  14. PTOldMan

Review SM093: The Hero Liliel and the Alola Staff!

Loved this episode. Right now I have that great motto on loop, and I think I will stay like this forever. Great, great, great. Instant classic, at least for me. It's on the same level of wackiness as that evil Togepi episode in DP.
  15. PTOldMan

Review SM092: Kukui's Desperate Situation! Another Royal Mask!!

I completely forgot about this episode. I guess that it will take a while for me to get used to having new episodes airing on Sunday. I find in interesting how in Sun and Moon James seems to be having a bit more spotlight than Jessie.
  16. PTOldMan

What do you think happened to Butch and Cassidy?

They will return, eventually. Their last appearance was at the end of BW, during one episode of that Radio Show, so they aren't forgotten.
  17. PTOldMan

Preview SM088: Lunala VS UB:BLACK! A Full Moon Battle!!

They have been building a rivalry between Jessie and Matori, so that will probably be the trigger to have the TRio do something that helps the twerps (as they've done in the past with Cassidy and Butch), without Giovanni realizing that.
  18. PTOldMan

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Now I am surprised. Though it's impossible to know for sure if those summaries aren't fake, they are fairly coherent, enough to have me believe them. Maybe before those episodes were banned some foreign dubs received them, even if only the script. I have no doubt that some dubs start working on...
  19. PTOldMan

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

This. These are exactly my thoughts. Why can't the kids simply be aware that this is a foreign show? What is so bad about it? I don't really understand it. I'll accept it as a cultural difference between my country and the US, but I think it is so dumb. Here in Portugal we get cartoons from...
  20. PTOldMan

The International Dub Thread

The European Portuguese dub of Sun and Moon debuted last week! And we are having 5 episodes per weekend, so I suppose we'll finish it fast (or at least the first half of SM). Biggs, the broadcaster, always likes doing this: as soon as they get new episodes they kind of air them as fast as they...