• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

Search results

1. H

Pokemon Radio on Twitter

Which I in no way disagree with and have never tried to pretend otherwise. You're missing the point I'm making here. The very concept of canon is tied to fiction, i.e. a fictional world that an author has created. even historical fiction falls into that category because not every line of...
  2. H

Pokemon Radio on Twitter

Once again, you're stepping away from the argument to make it about the person making the argument. A canon in fiction is defined as a cohesive set of storylines, characters, setting, events, history, etc. It forms a cohesive whole. The nature, content and structure of the show contradicts the...
  3. H

Pokemon Radio on Twitter

But that is not my argument and that is not my position. If you want to argue with me, I'd ask that you argue against my argument and not, once again, your own misconstruction of what I'm saying. I think the Animé is it's own independent universe with its own rules and its own storylines...
  4. H

Pokemon Radio on Twitter

So last week was about Kasumi talking about how she was 19 and in college when she started voicing herself? Doesn't seem very in-universe to me. Some of which actually do take place in universe, have been referenced in the show, etc. Fine, let's call is a frustrated voice actors' vanity...
  5. H

Pokemon Radio on Twitter

There's a difference between saying that something is official and that something is canon. A Canon is the storylines, characters, settings, events, universes that make up a fictional story. This doesn't actually take place in-universe, in-story. This is official, but in no way is it canon, in...
  6. H

Preview BW98: The Most Magnificent Pokemon in the World?! Chillaccino vs Tsutarja!

I guess we can add Tsutarja to the list of Iris Bus victims. Seriously, Tsutarja is one of the most neglected Pokémon on Satoshi's team, it really needed this episode to really showcase its personality, establish itself as ready for the League, etc. but sadly, it's like the writers have...
  7. H

Review BW096: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!

My feelings toward this episode: Lukewarm. It was action-packed, visually good, and... yeah... that's pretty much it. Did the episode do its job of setting up the story? Yes. It explained who the players were, what was going on, what was the point of capturing Meloetta, and set up next week's...
  8. H

Review BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

Those were put there for comedy. It takes the message of the show and turns it into insignificant drivel because instead of actually showing that through Satoshi and Hikari battling, showing how their journey and friendship influenced one another, we have Shirona saying really obvious stuff...
  9. H

Mini-Staff Drive

Well, without us, the sassiness of the Animé staff will take a nosedive. @Iteru will have to be extra fierce and attitudy to make up for us leaving. :P
  10. H

Preview BW101: Soryu Gym! Iris VS Shaga!!

Re: Iris vs. Shaga Err... Janovy was never portrayed to be mediocre, he defeated a Pokémon in each battle it partook in, and besides it is totally different. Shooti is a rival, Iris is a main character, they both have different stories, both have different reasons to be on a journey, both have...
  11. H

Preview BW101: Soryu Gym! Iris VS Shaga!!

Re: Iris vs. Shaga Oh boy, where do I start with this one? First off, to me, Satoshi battling Shaga and Iris battling Shaga are two completely unrelated issues. I kinda always assumed that Iris and Shaga would duke it out in an episode that focused on Iris, and whether or not Satoshi would do...
  12. H

Except it wasn't new at all. The whole show has always been about relationships influencing characters, and numerous characters have expressed that idea. In this very episode, the same could have been expressed without Shirona by, gasp, actually letting Hikari and Satoshi talk through their...
  13. H

Preview BW98: The Most Magnificent Pokemon in the World?! Chillaccino vs Tsutarja!

Yay, Tsutarja's in the title! Yay Satoshi and Dent are crossdressing, surely the summary will make note of whichever three of these characters the episode is about... LOL no, this is the Iris show, it's about Iris. I guess the writers really have abandoned all pretenses that any other...
  14. H

Preview BW99: The Tag Battle of the Sky and the Earth!

I could not agree more. I like Yanappu, but this really could have given a good win to Maggyo and really treated Gamagaru as something other than just a soulless battling machine. As for the twins, yeah, it's kinda formulaic, but hey, if Dent's and Satoshi are entertaining and the battle is...
  15. H

Preview BW96: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!

Oh look... Meloetta's dying for our sins. Best news of the day: No sightings of Meloetta past this arc. :D Looks well animated and action packed, yeah... that's about all I have to say. Not really into Team Rocket, and I can't stand Meloetta so this arc is still leaving me cold.
  16. H

Preview Start of the league

I wouldn't say I'm completely unenthused by it, but I really share this sentiment overall. I'm rather enthused by a few characters and a few Pokémon, rather than by the League itself. I really couldn't care less about Satoshi, about the overwhelming majority of his team, about Shooti, about...
  17. H

When two people meet, something happens! Thank you Shirona, really couldn't have worked that one out without you. You know, for all my life, I thought meeting other people was utterly meaningless and had no impact on me, but Shirona showed us all that that was a lie. Then she proceeded to point...
  18. H

Review BW095: Pokémon Nursery School Uproar! Washibon and Valchai!

Wow, this episode was uneventful and kinda boring. There's nothing really to say. Not badly written, not really anything to pick apart other than it was just really uneventful and it's a shame the writers really held back on Dent's craziness and entertainment value.
  19. H

What he said was infinitely more insightful and the way he battled Shooti, was infinitely more purposeful. Adeku actually tried to impart something to Shooti, to teach him something as opposed to Shirona's "well, he's not really going to change so I'm just gonna spout that one line I have and...
  20. H

Will Ash battle Drayden?

Not necessarily her training, but her approach to dragons, to battles, any kind of flaw will do. If the defeat doesn't confront her, then there's no story there at all, which is sadly what I think will happen. She really hasn't earned beating Drayden through hardship and overcoming obstacles, so...